Thread: Reprogram tracfone?

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score

Reprogram tracfone?

I am in a Verizon area but I bought a CDMA phone to reactivate, but its roaming. Is there a programming trick so it doesnt use 2 units for every 1? *22890 or something?

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Are you sure its charging 2X to roam? If its a single rate phone it will indicate roaming but still charge single rate. There was a thread here sometime ago. The OP ended up calling Trac Exec resolutions, they gave him some codes to punch in changing his phone to single rate. I believe the phone was a Nokia 2126 (no i).

You can try dialing *22891 to update your PRL. If the phone is activated on Verizon their roaming (or not roaming) has improved since the Alltel merger.
    Last edited by 25jive1; 04-01-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Yeah its got a verizon phone # and it deducts 2 units every minute

Phones
    LG3280
    Nokia 2600
    Nokia 2126i
    Carriers
    TracFone CDMA/TracFone GSM
    Beyond Wireless TDMA (RIP)
    Feedback Score
    What phone is it? Many CDMA phones will charge for roaming. The only ones I know of that are one rate are the LG3280 and Nokia 2126i, though there could be others.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Yeah its got a verizon phone # and it deducts 2 units every minute
    It must be an older phone. All cdma phones starting with the 2126i are single rate phones.

If you reactivated it using your local zip then it should not be roaming. If you did use your local zip did you check the number to make sure it assigned a local one. I activated a cdma phone last night and it gave me a portland oregon number when I used a kingston TN zip. I called and got the number changed.

If you used another zip then it will be roaming.

There is no way to keep it from roaming (and charging extra) if it is not a local number and not a single rate phone.

I think the only single rate cdma phones are:
    Nokia 2126i
    LG200C
    LG3280
    Kyocera K126C
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    If you go to prepaid -> code entry and enter *#3, it should give you your home SID. You can look this up in databases such as:

yahoo group SID list (you will need to join the yahoo group to access this)

or http://www.roamingzone.com/sid/

The TF site used to have maps of all its SIDs that were available through the coverage map menu. I don't know where you'd find maps now. But the descriptions in the databases might give you some idea whether there is a more local one than the one your phone

*#18 through *#26 might tell you something useful. They seem to list SIDs that are somehow related - perhaps nearby SIDs of the same carrier.