Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESN Change

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

ESN Change

How do I do an ESN Change with MetroPCS?

I got a Samsung Messager and I'd like to put my account on it. Is there a fee for this or can it be done free of charge? The Messager still has an account, but the bill hasn't been paid for about two months. When I dialed 611 it said there is $100 due at the next bill. I don't understand why it says that when MetroPCS is a prepaid company and the most expensive plan is $50. How do I deactivate the account and do an ESN Change to the other phone?

I appreciate any replies.

-Avenue

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    888-8 Metro 8
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Phones
    Unlocked iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    AT&T (Never Again--I will be sad if the merger is approved)
    Feedback Score
    If the phone was on a Family plan then that's one way that the bill could be $100.

Phones
    htc touch diamond
    my touch 3g (white)
    Carrier
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    is there a way that you can change it on our own without having to go into metro? like if the phone already is for the metro service can we just change teh esn over ourselfs?

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    its 100 dollars cause they owe two months...

if you went on vacation for a month are you not gonna pay your rent cause you were not there?

Phones
    iPhone 8GB (T-Mobile jailbroken and unlocked firmware 3.1)
    Samsung Code
    iPhone 3GS
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ohyaknow
    is there a way that you can change it on our own without having to go into metro? like if the phone already is for the metro service can we just change teh esn over ourselfs?
    Yes, just call customer service (1-888-8-Metro-8) and give the MEID or ESN of the phone. They'll teach you how to program it.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawawa
    If the phone was on a Family plan then that's one way that the bill could be $100.
    That was it! There were two phones on the plan. Thank you!

Is there a charge for an ESN Change? Can I easily deactivate an account? There is a reactivation fee, correct? Anything else I should know?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjsweesy
    its 100 dollars cause they owe two months...

if you went on vacation for a month are you not gonna pay your rent cause you were not there?
    I don't think you can owe two months... MetroPCS is a prepaid company, so you need to pay in advance. If they let you go a month without paying, that would be nice, but then again, I wouldn't want to owe so much.

Thanks for your reply though.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue
    I don't think you can owe two months... MetroPCS is a prepaid company, so you need to pay in advance. If they let you go a month without paying, that would be nice, but then again, I wouldn't want to owe so much.

Thanks for your reply though.

Yes, you most definitely can owe 2 months.

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg41
    Yes, you most definitely can owe 2 months.
    How does that work?

Can anyone give me information on deactivating an account and a charge to do so? What about a charge for an ESN Change? Can I switch the ESN and account to a dummy ESN and forget about it? What is the reactivation fee for a used phone?

Thanks a lot!

-Avenue

Phones
    Unlocked iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    AT&T (Never Again--I will be sad if the merger is approved)
    Feedback Score
    Is there a reason why you haven't called the MetroPCS toll-free number to ask these questions?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawawa
    Is there a reason why you haven't called the MetroPCS toll-free number to ask these questions?
    I haven't really felt like it. I'd much rather ask on here. If I ask on here someone else might read the thread and learn. Someone might also have the same question.

I don't really feel like calling companies right now. I'm not in a hurry for an answer.

Phones
    MetroPCS Blackberry Curve 8530m Black (me) -Upgraded Feb '11
    MetroPCS Blackberry Curve 8530m Pink (wifey), Upgraded Feb '11
    LG CG225 Unlocked (Claro Panama SIM)
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I hear you. Especially if it means dealing with Metro's exceptional customer care department.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g
    Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4g
    HTC Mogul 6800 on Metro (sold)
    Carrier
    Metro PCS baby
    Feedback Score
    I definitely think you should either go into a metro store or call customer service to assist you. Years ago, I bought a used-mint condition razor but was unaware that it was still "technically" still active. After extensive research online, I finally called customer service. I was informed that even though the phone is not in service, the account has not been deactivated. I lost the person's number who sold me the phone, so I was stuck with a useless phone. Just because a customer stops paying the phone, it does not mean you can easily activate the phone. Customer service informed me it takes 90 days to recycle number. So I had to wait 90 days. So, I sold it to a cellphone store that buys used phones. So advice to anyone buying a used metro phone, first make sure the current customer calls it in to deactivate the phone- just cause he stops paying for it, does not mean it is deactivated. Second, call metro (after account is deactivated), to check if the phone can be activated to an account.

Forgot to mention, it is free to add it to your account if you call customer service. If you go to a metro store, non-corp can charge you $15... not sure about the corp store....
    Good luck bro.
    Last edited by montecristo1; 04-05-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: update

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    let's see if i can recall all the questions asked...

ok, no charge for esn change.

if you "owe" for two months just pay the $5 for a billing cycle reset instead of a full month of service. a billing cycle reset will reset your billing date to the day you do it on.

it doesn't take 90 days for an account to be automatically cancelled. it's once you go two months without payment. for instance your bill is due on january 1st, and you don't pay it. by february 2nd your account is cancelled.

if i missed any let me know...
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast