Phones
    Nexus One
    T-Mobile Wing (sold)
    Motorola Razr V3 (gonna miss it))
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Call drops after 4 hours of talk time

Me and my girlfriend stay on the phone almost 24 hours a day. even during work hours. every 4 hours we have to hang up the phone and call each other back. if we dont then the call will hang up on its own. she has at&t and i have t-mobile. why cant the call stay connected at all times beyond 4 hours? anyone notice that? is this a setting on our blackberrys that does this or what?...she has the blackberry bold i have the blackberry curve 8310

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/109)

I don't believe the devices are causing this. Most likely a carrier thing.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That would be my guess too. If you are both on different carriers, Id like to see your bills.
    Carl

Feedback Score
    As I recall from my days with T-Mobile, that's correct. There was a time out on a call so you didn't eat up all your minutes without knowing the phone was connected.

Regards-Michael G.

Phones
    iPhone 3G on T-Mo
    Curve 8900 - 5.0.0.592
    Nokia 1208 - backup
    Carriers
    Magenta FTW/
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I believe that's the carrier dependent feature. It seems that 4 hours is the cut off. Especially if it happens all the time. You might want to talk to your respective carriers to see what they say on the matter. It sounds like you are on myFaves or the newly minted unlimited plan and she's on unlimited.
    Chicken Slut

'It's rich drunk, it's kinda like business drunk. Either way it's legal to drive' - Jack Donaghy

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if its a "feature" of ATT, TMobile or both?

Phones
    Motorola V400
    Motorola V3
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps they were trying to tell you to get a life and quit talking to your little girlfriend for 4 hours straight?

4 hours of talk time is pretty impressive in itself. I'd say if you go 4 hours nonstop with no issues except having to call back you're doing alright.

But seriously, not trying to be mean, are you 15 or something?

Phones
    Nexus One
    T-Mobile Wing (sold)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er
    Perhaps they were trying to tell you to get a life and quit talking to your little girlfriend for 4 hours straight?

4 hours of talk time is pretty impressive in itself. I'd say if you go 4 hours nonstop with no issues except having to call back you're doing alright.

i have no life? you must be on dog food i got 2 jobs and have my own place if i wanna talk to her non stop then who's to say i cant? im 21 and how old are you to make a comment like that and yes i am bein mean. so take that comment else where cus its runnin on def ears

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesa4x12er

Your comments to the OP don't address his question...and they come off as insulting.

If someone wants to talk to their girl for hours and hours, I don't see an issue with it.

Phones
    Nexus One
    T-Mobile Wing (sold)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jase88
    Your comments to the OP don't address his question...and they come off as insulting.

If someone wants to talk to their girl for hours and hours, I don't see an issue with it.
    thank you so much...me and my gf are in a situation to where we have to talk for hours for the fact of family issue's and her having to go back to cali for a few weeks

but thank you for understanding

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jase88

You are right in that how ever long they choose to talk it really doesnt effect us. But that doesnt mean that being on the phone with your partner "almost 24 hours a day even during work" is a sign of a healthy relationship between 2 mature adults. It isnt. Both sides need some space and some independent interests if you expect this thing to last.

So OP: you have your answer. It is a carrier limitation on T-Mobile's side. It cant be changed.

But maybe you can avoid encountering it by cutting back to a lesser amount of calls that might be more healthy for your relationship.

Feel free to dismiss the advice if you choose. Most people have to learn stuff like this the hard way.

Phones
    Nexus One
    T-Mobile Wing (sold)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig
    You are right in that how ever long they choose to talk it really doesnt effect us. But that doesnt mean that being on the phone with your partner "almost 24 hours a day even during work" is a sign of a healthy relationship between 2 mature adults. It isnt. Both sides need some space and some independent interests if you expect this thing to last.

So OP: you have your answer. It is a carrier limitation on T-Mobile's side. It cant be changed.

But maybe you can avoid encountering it by cutting back to a lesser amount of calls that might be more healthy for your relationship.

Feel free to dismiss the advice if you choose. Most people have to learn stuff like this the hard way.
    well she has family issue to deal with in cali and i cant be there for the fact that i have 2 jobs but i told her i would be there for her so thats why we on the phone almost 24/7 in person we give eachother alot of space..

i just was curious about this 4 hour call end problem and didnt know what was causing that but thanks for the advice man ill keep that in mind

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Man get off your high horse and leave them be. Who are you to tell them how their relationship is? Why don't be a "mature adult" and mind your own business?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gbadude
    Man get off your high horse and leave them be. Who are you to tell them how their relationship is? Why don't be a "mature adult" and mind your own business?
    Who are you to get offended? Why dont you let the OP get mad if he wants to and save your outrage for something that concerns you?

Quote Originally Posted by bryant16319
    well she has family issue to deal with in cali and i cant be there for the fact that i have 2 jobs but i told her i would be there for her so thats why we on the phone almost 24/7 in person we give eachother alot of space..

i just was curious about this 4 hour call end problem and didnt know what was causing that but thanks for the advice man ill keep that in mind
    I know how that is. If that is the only way you can be there for her it probably helps. But generally, the friends I have who spend 10-20,000 minutes a month on the phone with their partners are also the ones with crazy jealousy issues who screw up a good thing!

Hope things work out for her!

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Blackberry Bold
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Who are you to get offended? Why dont you let the OP get mad if he wants to and save your outrage for something that concerns you?
    Hmm..good point. Why don't save YOUR outrage for something that concerns you then? Cause I'm pretty sure how he OP deals with this relationship isn't your concern.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast