Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Results 181 to 193 of 193

Thread: *** Official NEC N-02A Guide ***

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    NTT docomo N-02A
    Feedback Score
    0
    My N-02a finally arrived (2 weeks after I expected it) and the vendor at ebay kindly included a hypersim. After fiddling around with it for a short time, I think I managed to make it work (SMS and phone calls).
    I'm not really happy with the layout of the phone book, but that was to expect from a japanese phone and I'll work around with entering readings for my contacts.

    So far I'm very happy with this phone.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhan View Post
    My N-02a finally arrived (2 weeks after I expected it) and the vendor at ebay kindly included a hypersim. After fiddling around with it for a short time, I think I managed to make it work (SMS and phone calls).
    I'm not really happy with the layout of the phone book, but that was to expect from a japanese phone and I'll work around with entering readings for my contacts.

    So far I'm very happy with this phone.
    that's good to hear , have you had any problems with the hypersim yet ? do you mind taking nice pics of the phone to share with us?

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    NTT docomo N-02A
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    that's good to hear , have you had any problems with the hypersim yet ? do you mind taking nice pics of the phone to share with us?
    The first 30 minutes or so after inserting the hypersim I experienced problems in sending and receiving calls and sms, but after that no problems at all. I even lost reception a few times when I was at the groceries but the phone restored reception automatically as I left the store.

    As you probably can see in the photos, it has been used quite heavily before, but thinking of the price for what I got it for, I'm really happy that I bought this.

    Also, "search by name" in the phone book works really well, so I'm skipping the enter reading for all contacts part.

    Pics:
    Name:  054.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  34.5 KB
    Name:  055.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  056.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  42.2 KB
    Name:  058.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  36.8 KB
    Name:  060.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  062.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  059.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  37.3 KB

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeonhan View Post
    The first 30 minutes or so after inserting the hypersim I experienced problems in sending and receiving calls and sms, but after that no problems at all. I even lost reception a few times when I was at the groceries but the phone restored reception automatically as I left the store.

    As you probably can see in the photos, it has been used quite heavily before, but thinking of the price for what I got it for, I'm really happy that I bought this.

    Also, "search by name" in the phone book works really well, so I'm skipping the enter reading for all contacts part.

    Pics:
    Name:  054.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  34.5 KB
    Name:  055.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  056.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  42.2 KB
    Name:  058.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  36.8 KB
    Name:  060.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  37.0 KB
    Name:  062.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  32.1 KB
    Name:  059.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  37.3 KB
    nice pics ,thanks for uploading , definitely a great phone for the price indeed

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Carrier(s)
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi,I need help with my N-02a,I'm unable to use bluetooth because the option to turn it on is grayed out. How can I turn it on. It uses hypersim. And also,I keep losing signal. I have to insert my sim card to a regular phone most of the time to get the signal back,sometimes signal is restored by just turning it off and on but it doesn't always work.

    And I would also like to share that 1 Seg works in Cavite. I can get channels 25 and 4. I'm just wondering how because what I know is that 1 Seg,GPS,and Internet is not suppose to work outside Japan.

    Anyone who can help me with the bluetooth issue would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HKG/YVR
    Posts
    4,455
    Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    0
    The 1seg app will run on most new docomos outside Japan. The main issue is that there are no 1seg broadcasts in many parts of the world. The few countries with 1seg, excl Japan, are several South American countries and the Philippines, who are doing a test broadcast for it right now.
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Carrier(s)
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hi,I need help with my N-02a,I'm unable to use bluetooth because the option to turn it on is grayed out. How can I turn it on. It uses hypersim. And also,I keep losing signal. I have to insert my sim card to a regular phone most of the time to get the signal back,sometimes signal is restored by just turning it off and on but it doesn't always work.

    May I also ask if I can put music on my phone using SD and card reader because I don't have USB cable yet. I was able to put some but it can only be played on i-motion. When I try opening the files on databox,music,SD audio failed to read and WMA,no music. I tried putting songs in WMA format but it still didn't work.
    On i-motion,though I can play the songs,shuffle is turned off and I can't see the list of the songs unless I exit out of it. So the music has to stop playing before I can choose the next song that I want to play.

    And I would also like to share that 1 Seg works in Cavite. I can get channels 25 and 4. I'm just wondering how because what I know is that 1 Seg,GPS,and Internet are not suppose to work outside Japan.

    Anyone who can help me with the bluetooth issue would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance!

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12
    Device(s)
    NTT docomo N-02A
    Feedback Score
    0
    You have to klick on "Device List", then Bluetooth will be activated for a short period of time, inwhich the N-02A searches for other devices with Bluetooth activated.
    Once it finds one, you have to register it and when that's done and you have your other device in the Device List, Bluetooth ON- Option is no longer greyed out.

    Hope this helps.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Carrier(s)
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks so much Aeonhan. I actually found out that already but still don't know how to share files via bluetooth.
    And can anyone please help me with my music issue? Thanks!

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HKG/YVR
    Posts
    4,455
    Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't think you can transfer files via Bluetooth on docomo keitais. It's strictly for A2DP iirc.

    As for your music issue, I recommend you just get a cable and sync it with WMP using MTP mode and forget the hassles of file naming etc. Otherwise, I faintly recall a docomo file transfer utility that a member made that automatically sorted everything out for you. I'd do a search and see if you can find it- he made a version for both Mac/PC.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4
    Carrier(s)
    Globe
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks so much! That was helpful! I guess I just have to get a cable then.

    One more thing,why is it that when I click on My Profile,it says UIM cannot be recognized?

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    HKG/YVR
    Posts
    4,455
    Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Not sure, but all that menu does iirc is let you input your name etc if it gets lost.

    Just stick a note with your name/address/alt phone number inside the battery cover.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0
    i have a mint white n-02a software unlocked for sale if anybody is interested just pm me or at [email protected] thanks guys

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Bookmarks