Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: *** Official NEC N-02A Guide ***

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    any luck with getting the web / internet to work on the unlocked N-02A ?

cheers
    You can be the first to get internet working! If you figure out the authentication scheme for I-Mode. I can give you a hint that it has something to do with the Docomo UIM authenticating through encryption with some random algorithm (haven't figured it out yet~~~).

At this point we've all gave up on figuring out how to bypass the I-Mode Authentication.... too much effort really. We figure if you want internet just go to a wifi hotspot.

We don't get paid enough to figure out the bypass algorithms and some people here know that I'm also far too lazy to do a lot of things

But I already gave you a hint on what to sorta do so open game~~~~

It's all good (^_^)

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...668534-IonNuke <<< My Feedback... rising from the dead.

Everyone's on their own for hypersims. I'm out har har har har har~~~~

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IonNuke
    I can give you a hint that it has something to do with the Docomo UIM authenticating through encryption with some random algorithm (haven't figured it out yet~~~).
    I'm just wondering...
    Docomo doesn't verify the UIMS by like a UIM's serial number (like the server asks for the UIM number, sees if its valid/still being paid for, and then okays it)?

So like if someone figured out this algorithm, then every hypersim could get on I-mode?

I thought it would be more of a "per UIM" sorta thing if you get what I'm saying...
    [CENTER]Nande ya ne?

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia Z5 Premium E6853
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA / T-Mobile Germany / Orange Poland /
    Feedback Score
    It is in a way per UIM. But there's probably another algorithm to trick the authentication system so it would be universal for every hypersim produced. But yeah that's just theories.... getting it to work is another story

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    theory theory theory, thats all you learn but once you have to use it it eats yourself!
    ANA The Launch Customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by IonNuke
    At this point we've all gave up on figuring out how to bypass the I-Mode Authentication.... too much effort really. We figure if you want internet just go to a wifi hotspot.
    silly question perhaps... forgive my lack of knowledge... but does the N-02A support Wi-Fi ?

i don't see any mention of wi-fi on docomo's site... http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p...n02a/spec.html

cheers

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Device(s)
    NEC
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    N-02A does not have WiFi.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sugo
    N-02A does not have WiFi.
    do any keiteis do?

Feedback Score
    Is this the only one of the current generation of Japanese phones that can be software unlocked & is their any advantage in having it software unlocked rather than using a hypersim other than it saves you chopping up your SIM card?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Chimp
    Is this the only one of the current generation of Japanese phones that can be software unlocked & is their any advantage in having it software unlocked rather than using a hypersim other than it saves you chopping up your SIM card?
    software unlock meaning... no CPR, your signal will not go "out"

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck
    do any keiteis do?
    The N905iL does, BUT it only works on some proprietary system... >_>

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnmoon
    software unlock meaning... no CPR, your signal will not go "out"
    Thank you. Unless I am misremembering I seem to remember that the N905 could be software unlocked too, must be something to do with NEC phones. Shame that the web still cannot be unlocked.

Is the N02A as well built as I read the N905 was?

I must thank vullcan for the guide in the OP but I didn't follow one bit. Where it said "Have your phonebook sorted by reading under the hiragana heading instead of lumping every
    English persons name at the end of the phonebook under the "OTHERS" section, after "WA"."
    , I didn't quite get what was meant here, it's probable because I am not familiar with the phonebook format used in keitai's.

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    The N-02a is the first Docomo phone to be software unlocked period. You might be getting confused with Softbank phones, although I don't believe NEC made phones for Softbank. I could be wrong though.

What he meant was that is, since keitais list names in their phone book in Japanese and stick any names in other languages (like English) in the "Others" section (which doesn't have headers for each letter of the alphabet), you could translate someone's name into the Japanese hiragana (ex. My name (Myles) would translate to something like: まいうず (Mariuzu), or you could do something more simple like list all people who's name starts with "M" under "ま," the "N" people under "な,” etc., then the phone would sort names "alphabetically" (ex. I would be listed would be listed under the "ま" header . The "Mi" people would be listed under ”み” and it would continue like that if you did it like my first example.). Its just a way to break up names alphabetically with the headers in the phonebook.

Sorry, I made it a lot more complicated than it actually is. Hopefully you understand a little Japanese to get what I was saying. ^_^;;

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    they do, check softbank 830N

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    D'oh. I was looking at that one other day too. >_<

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sega?
    The N-02a is the first Docomo phone to be software unlocked period. You might be getting confused with Softbank phones, although I don't believe NEC made phones for Softbank. I could be wrong though.

What he meant was that is, since keitais list names in their phone book in Japanese and stick any names in other languages (like English) in the "Others" section (which doesn't have headers for each letter of the alphabet), you could translate someone's name into the Japanese hiragana (ex. My name (Myles) would translate to something like: まいうず (Mariuzu), or you could do something more simple like list all people who's name starts with "M" under "ま," the "N" people under "な,” etc., then the phone would sort names "alphabetically" (ex. I would be listed would be listed under the "ま" header . The "Mi" people would be listed under ”み” and it would continue like that if you did it like my first example.). Its just a way to break up names alphabetically with the headers in the phonebook.

Sorry, I made it a lot more complicated than it actually is. Hopefully you understand a little Japanese to get what I was saying. ^_^;;
    Thank you for that info.

I wonder why it's only this handset that's been unlocked, why not the N-01A or N-03A, surely if one can be unlocked then they can too?

Is their any chance the internet will be unlocked on it, or is it just not possible?

Am I right in thinking that DoCoMo handsets have easier to use OS compared to Softbank?

I like the idea that it's software unlocked as I would rather not do with the hassle of a Hypersim, but I am not sure what to make of the design. It seems to work better in some colour versions than others. Also it's a shame the camera has no flash, I wonder what the camera quality is like?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast