Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: *** Official NEC N-02A Guide ***

Device(s)
    DoCoMo F-04B
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The camera quality is really good, but only if the subject is well lit. Not as good as the Sharp's 8megapixil CCD cam, of course, but its close.

I haven't had much success taking pictures at night, especially since there is no flash. Even with a high ISO setting they come out poor.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    software unlcok doesn't mena better OS, in fact the softbank OS is considered to be superior to any Docomo MOAP they can toss at us.
    ANA The Launch Customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Device(s)
    903t
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know, I've always preferred DoCoMo OS to Softbank.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    they both have their upsides and downsides, I found softbanks ui more similar to international phones, on both toshibas and sharps.

But then look at high end panasonics on softbanks, ui looks to be the same as the docomo ui. And the lower end ui on 706p, etc are similar to vs series models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aw614
    they both have their upsides and downsides, I found softbanks ui more similar to international phones, on both toshibas and sharps.

But then look at high end panasonics on softbanks, ui looks to be the same as the docomo ui. And the lower end ui on 706p, etc are similar to vs series models.
    See this is what confuses me is that their seems to be a fair bit of disagreement over who has the better OS of the two.

I mean someone who was new to the Japanese OS would they be rather lost with the DoCoMo OS then?

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    There are plenty of people I've seen that still haven't found out how to access all the features of their Docomo phones months after they bought them. I haven't seen many people like that with Softbank, but then again most people go with Docomo (including most of the n00bish people ).

All Japanese phones are going to be harder to use than American/European phones...a lot of the menu translations on these phones are bad and hard to understand. Add to that the mass amount of features that these phones have that people in other countries have never heard of and have no idea what they do.
    Thats where the difficulties come in.

If I've heard right, I think its just a little easier to access the heavily used features on Softbank phones vs. Docomo, but I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything (like the PSP vs. DS wars...) I have no experience with either so I have no opinion.
    [CENTER]Nande ya ne?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sega?
    There are plenty of people I've seen that still haven't found out how to access all the features of their Docomo phones months after they bought them. I haven't seen many people like that with Softbank, but then again most people go with Docomo (including most of the n00bish people ).

All Japanese phones are going to be harder to use than American/European phones...a lot of the menu translations on these phones are bad and hard to understand. Add to that the mass amount of features that these phones have that people in other countries have never heard of and have no idea what they do.
    Thats where the difficulties come in.

If I've heard right, I think its just a little easier to access the heavily used features on Softbank phones vs. Docomo, but I think it comes down to personal preference more than anything (like the PSP vs. DS wars...) I have no experience with either so I have no opinion.
    Thanks for pointing up the issue of translation I hadn't been aware this was such an issue with using them. It's all a bit off putting.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well you have to consider the 930/920/921P are just ports of the P905/906/01A so I would expect Panasonic to cheap out and just morph their OS from MOAP-L to whatever Softbank uses.

From videos of keitais you can see that the translation isn't that good. Just explore around and you'll get familiar.. Well, nothing can be worse than that 2line Motorola I used in HK.....

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    can anyone confirm if the N-02A supports WCDMA 850? having trouble finding info that completely confirms this.

EDIT: did find this... it claims 3G with 800mhz, 850mhz, 2Ghz (2100?) and GSM at 900/1800/1900...

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-02A

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    then you didnt read a previous post by tolem that it did or marktangs post

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetam
    well you have to consider the 930/920/921P are just ports of the P905/906/01A so I would expect Panasonic to cheap out and just morph their OS from MOAP-L to whatever Softbank uses.

From videos of keitais you can see that the translation isn't that good. Just explore around and you'll get familiar.. Well, nothing can be worse than that 2line Motorola I used in HK.....
    One thing that's always intrigued me about Japanese style phones is they will put stuff like light-effect keypads on a phone & it will sell, put it on a western phone & it probable will not. Saying that the latest firmware update for the Nokia 5800XM gives it a 'breathing' light effect so maybe tastes aren't so different?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aw614
    then you didnt read a previous post by tolem that it did or marktangs post
    i found those posts - so thanks for the heads up

btw... plans for the n-02a nixed for the moment... the one i was thinking of getting shot up in price at the last minute... not willing to shell out major coin for a science experiment

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The market in Japan is just different. They find flashy things cool, we don't really like so in general.

Device(s)
    N-01a
    Feedback Score
    In my opinion, the Japanese enjoy more cutesy, pretty, flashy, and advanced things and over in America they like more "manly," serious, and mainstream things.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sega?
    In my opinion, the Japanese enjoy more cutesy, pretty, flashy, and advanced things and over in America they like more "manly," serious, and mainstream things.
    though I think square things look manlier than round phones unlike other people in this forum

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast