Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone & Net10 Voicemail FAQ?

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score

Tracfone & Net10 Voicemail FAQ?

Looking for info on voicemail stuff.

1. Is there a way to get to your VM and set it up and all without using your phone? The regular trick I use (hitting # or * doesnt work) (((AT&T to be specific)))

2. What are the default passwords to voicemail? (like on US Cellular)

3. Where can you find your local voicemail box phone #?

4. I am sure there are more.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    You have to set up your pin number from your phone. Then you can call from a landline and access the account and make changes.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    I think on the Alltel-based Tracfones you press pound to access on a landline. At one time you could even set it up on a landline. However, AT&T's access is on the cell phone only, and Tracfone cannot change that. On AT&T the first time you dial the voicemail number (press and hold 1 on most phones) you are prompted through the set-up. A password is optional. You have to get the voicemail number (if "1" does not work) from Tracfone, that varies by region (you used to have to e-mail or call Miami for that number, 1-877-876-5753). I cannot even bring that number up on my phones, when I call it just says "voicemail".

Phones
    Moto W376g - Active
    Moto C261 - Deactivated
    Carrier
    Tracfone - At&t
    Feedback Score
    I have Trac with AT&T service. After setting up your Voicemail via the cellphone look at your call log. It will show the voicemail phone number. Just call on your landline. Your mailbox number is your 10 digit phone number and enter your pin when prompted.
    Doug

Phones
    Motorola W376g
    Motorola Razor
    Motorola i425t
    Carriers
    TracFone
    Airvoice Express
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    However, AT&T's access is on the cell phone only, and Tracfone cannot change that. On AT&T the first time you dial the voicemail number (press and hold 1 on most phones) you are prompted through the set-up. A password is optional. You have to get the voicemail number (if "1" does not work) from Tracfone, that varies by region (you used to have to e-mail or call Miami for that number, 1-877-876-5753). I cannot even bring that number up on my phones, when I call it just says "voicemail".
    On AT$T Access call your cell from a land line and when voicemail answers press the * key you will then be asked for your password

Feedback Score
    I have three AT&T TFs and I set up all of the VMs using a landline only. One of the phones had no VM whatsoever, but TF reset it and it was good to go.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme
    I have three AT&T TFs and I set up all of the VMs using a landline only. One of the phones had no VM whatsoever, but TF reset it and it was good to go.
    I remember you saying that before. How do you do it?
    Normally it is assumed that the until the vm is set up the first time the system doesn't recognize your phone when you call.

Feedback Score
    I use a landline to call the TF. Let the call go to VM. Press * when VM answers. Enter default password (last four digits of phone number). The world is your oyster.

If the phone just rings and rings and won't go to VM, call Miami and it will be reset. It will be set at four (approx.) rings. That is the only ring option.

The lady told me I would have to use units to set up the VM, but I tried it from a landline and it worked. I don't have a personalized greeting or anything like that. I never tried it. All I did was change the password. There were a bunch of other options, though, that I haven't a clue about.

I am in Virginia, if that matters.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme
    I use a landline to call the TF. Let the call go to VM. Press * when VM answers. Enter default password (last four digits of phone number). The world is your oyster.

If the phone just rings and rings and won't go to VM, call Miami and it will be reset. It will be set at four (approx.) rings. That is the only ring option.

The lady told me I would have to use units to set up the VM, but I tried it from a landline and it worked. I don't have a personalized greeting or anything like that. I never tried it. All I did was change the password. There were a bunch of other options, though, that I haven't a clue about.

I am in Virginia, if that matters.
    If I call a tracfone without vm from a land line I get a recording that says "I'm sorry but the person you called has a vm box that is not set up yet, good-bye"

just tested it.

Feedback Score
    Well, I don't know. Maybe it varies by region.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    If I call a tracfone without vm from a land line I get a recording that says "I'm sorry but the person you called has a vm box that is not set up yet, good-bye"

just tested it.
    I just called 2 of my "extra" att tracs and I get the same message that Jim stated. BUT, when I hit * during that message it takes me to the vm box setup. First option was to choose english or.......
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    I just called 2 of my "extra" att tracs and I get the same message that Jim stated. BUT, when I hit * during that message it takes me to the vm box setup. First option was to choose english or.......
    OH, okay. So that is the secret we needed.

I had some info last year about forwarding voicemail on at&t or something like that. I can't find it now, do you have anything on that Tracnet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Yes, that's how it works. I just went through the setup for my new 600G (AT&T) calling from a landline.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    OH, okay. So that is the secret we needed.

I had some info last year about forwarding voicemail on at&t or something like that. I can't find it now, do you have anything on that Tracnet?
    I have always been able to forward voicemail on tracs with alltel as the underlying carrier but with att I always get an error message........I think it's something like " check your call restrictions".......

Feedback Score
    but with att I always get an error message........I think it's something like " check your call restrictions".......
    Weird, it just worked for me, a few hours ago.
    EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that you were talking about VM forwarding, not setting up VM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast