Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HTC Touch HD - Is it better than iphone?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I tried really hard to like the Touch HD but after my girlfriend got an iphone and I got to mess around with it more I realized it's just not better. If Win Mobile was a little more slick it'd be great, but I found it too frustrating after a while and I don't want to constantly be messing with my phone like some here. I just want it to work out of the box.

Feedback Score

Windows Mobile - Not so bad afterall

While some of us could have sworn that Windows Mobile was dead and buried by now, the figures published by Canalys for the Q3 2008 smartphone market show that Symbian’s in deep trouble. It had a 21.5% drop of its marketshare and a 12.4% drop in shipments, as you can see in the table below:

Windows Mobile surprised everyone with a 42.9% growth in sales (YoY) plus it gained a bit of marketshare, burying Symbian, the only rival who lost sales in this period. There were about 1.6 million extra WM devices sold (YoY), due mostly to HTC and Samsung’s hot smartphones and their popularity.

iPhone 3G also has some impressive figures, now taking second place, after Symbian and shipping 6.9 million units (2 million of those might still be in stores). However we do know that Apple plans on cutting Q4 production by 40%, as it has overproduced and overshipped units in Q3.

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Your data is seriously obsolete

Nokia shipped roughly 1 million 5800 XpressMusic per month.

Last quarter, RIM shipped 7.8 million Blackberries.

HTC Magic hit its 1 million in about a month and a half, making it by far the quickest selling HTC device ever. Considering that the Diamond was launched around May of last year, the Diamond took 1 million only by August, not the middle of June.

Iphone 3GS is expected to sell half a million over the week end.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Sales figures are irrelevant. WinMo is only decent with a lot of customization (or so I've heard), well beyond the ability of most cell phone users. Get a WinMo phone if you love to tinker with electronics/software. Don't if you don't.

Device(s)
    DoCoMo S0905iCS White, HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers 3G
    Feedback Score
    HD is the best phone in terms of functions and what it can do right now i think. I had 3 HDs already and everything i sell one i just cant use any other phone but go back to the HD. This is actually the longest phone ive own for a long time.

SE: T200, T237, K750i/W800i, w900, K800i (x2), w300, w600, z710i/w710, M600i, W810i, K790a, W580, T650i, W760i, W980i
    Apple: iPhone 8GB (x3), iPhone 3G 16GB White
    HTC: TyTn II, Cruise, Touch HD (x3), G1, Magic
    DoCoMo: SE SO905iCS (x2)
    SoftBank: HTC X01HT (x2), Samsung 707SC, Sharp 904sh
    Nokia: N95 8GB, Nokia E71-2, Nokia N79-3

Heatware: marktang

Device(s)
    HTC HD
    Carrier(s)
    O2
    Feedback Score

HTC HD vs iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by rockon
    Hello Everyone,

How you all are doing?

Well Im out here searching for a suitable phone for myself, I really can't set my mind onto one particular phone, theres so many phones out in the market but still I just can't seem to find out which one is really good for me. Let me tell u guys the names of some phone which I like, I like the Sony Ericsson XPERIA, Sone Ericsson C905, LG Prada ll & now my latest choice the HTC HD. Damn!!! im so confused, I really don't know what to do..

Anyways, im going to buy any one of them but never going to buy the iphone because iphone is become really common these days. I want to have something different but should contain more or like features of the iphone. I read reviews about the iphone which says that, iphone has a lot of important features missing, like blue tooth for file transfer, video recorder etc.

So thats why I raised this question, is the HTC touch HD better than the Apple iphone?
    As a user of both devices I would recomend HTC HD. It's far more customisable and only the sky are the limits . Also if your battery,screen or cover is broken you can replace it anytime,with iPhone only Apple service,which after warranty is VERY expensive. iPhone is easy to use,but soon you get bored with it...

Feedback Score
    My take is that no matter what the global sales figures might be, I select my personal phone based on my own criteria. Next, I am grateful for the competition between all of the big mobile providers (e.g., windows mobile, symbian, android, apple, rim, etc) because this makes my personal choice better and better over time. An open and healthy free market is the best thing any of of can hope for.

Device(s)
    LG CU500
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I really like what I'm reading about this phone (on this thread anyway). I carried a PocketPC for years, and always wanted to have my phone built-in to it, but I was unwilling to give-up the 640-480 screen resolution. I haven't been following the tech very closely, but I don't remember hearing about any other smart phones with resolution this high.

I know that AT&T tries to force expensive data plans on smart phone users, I also know that I got my wife a smartphone years ago, never bothered to mention it to AT&T and her inexpensive "all you can eat" data plan has been working just fine for at least 4-5 years. I wouldn't be so annoyed about these fees except that now AT&T is pushing all their video capabilities on my teens (with non-smart phones - and cheap data plans) and they are racking up gigabytes of bandwidth usage. Long story short, I'd be willing to pay more for more bandwidth, if it they were metering it rationally.

This brings me to my question: If I bought the Touch HD, and dropped my AT&T 3g sim card in it here in Atlanta - wouldn't it come right up with full speed internet and everything? While I might be willing to pay $$ for this phone, I don't want to increase my bill by $30-40 per month.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze
    To my knowledge there is no NAM 3G for this device. .....[snip].
    on the contrary, there's 850 3G on the Telstra Touch HD (T8285 model) and it will definitely work with at&t's 3G service as long as you live in an area that has strong 850 3G coverage. as you may already know, at&t uses 850/1900 bands for 3G. i got the Telstra version when it was first released and was (relatively speaking) less expensive... it's pretty pricey nowadays! if you're in an area with spotty 850 3G coverage, you'll probably be using EDGE most of the time. see the pic below for a dslreports.com speed test using my Telstra HD:

cortez

Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cortez
    on the contrary, there's 850 3G on the Telstra Touch HD (T8285 model) and it will definitely work with at&t's 3G service as long as you live in an area that has strong 850 3G coverage.
    Thanks for setting me straight cortez, my bad then. Kinda surprised more people didn't jump on this then.

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cbreze
    Thanks for setting me straight cortez, my bad then. Kinda surprised more people didn't jump on this then.
    hey not setting anyone straight, lol... the Telstra version came 4 months after the UK version and was muuuuuuuuuuch more expensive than the UK version. i jumped on the UK version then to the Telstra version and ultimately sold my UK version, lol.

Device(s)
    HTC HERMES
    Feedback Score
    I dont think so its anywhere near to Iphone. They are superb in their respective class but no competition.

Device(s)
    Samsung Glyde
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Theres also TV out compatibility for the HTC HD which in my opinion, the interface is much better than the iphone.

Feedback Score
    lol touch HD kicks if you don't like the software on it just install another. i didn't like the media player so i installed a better one that's the great thing about the touch hd

one downside is the resolution of the screen is higher than dvd quality
    but still a converted dvd movie on the phone is like perfect

touch does all the iphone does but better

Device(s)
    Nokia E75 - Red
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Wait unto the HTC Hero comes out that will surpass both Iphone and hd touch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast