Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Questions regarding activating metropcs and buying buying a phone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0

    Questions regarding activating metropcs and buying buying a phone

    Hi to all, If I buy a phone for example on ebay or another online store and not from metropcs.com will I be able to get the first free month if I'm a new customer. Do I have to put a deposit for the second month or I pay as I go? I would like to try this service out for a month just to see. Thank you

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    They do not require a deposit for the second. It is pay-as-you-go.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    boca raton
    Posts
    282
    Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tall
    Hi to all, If I buy a phone for example on ebay or another online store and not from metropcs.com will I be able to get the first free month if I'm a new customer. Do I have to put a deposit for the second month or I pay as I go? I would like to try this service out for a month just to see. Thank you
    First month free when purchasing (and activating) a new phone that you have purchased from MetroPCS, not from ebay, or a friend, or a phone that you found, or etc.

    Have you read www.metropcs.com web site?

    http://www.metropcs.com/plans/default.aspx

    Many times going directly to the source for information the first time is more productive than using the forum.
    paul k. sanchez

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Damn I bought a new phone on ebay. They claim I can activate it and get the first month free. Lets see if I can if not. I want my money back. On their site it say first month of service free so I guess I'm good.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    HTC Pro: Custom rom winmo 6.5 working wap/mms/gps/and old school video games.. play Super Mario3
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    as sanchez stated you need to purchase the phone from them for 1st month free.. but it is pay as you go and no contract so you can always pay for the month and if you dont like it simply dont pay any more as no contracts mean no worries :_0
    Rep: The Metro Mafia if you think you have the skillz


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    505
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by YouMayLose
    as sanchez stated you need to purchase the phone from them for 1st month free.. but it is pay as you go and no contract so you can always pay for the month and if you dont like it simply dont pay any more as no contracts mean no worries :_0

    Not necessarily. The ESN/MEID just needs to show as 'new' in the system. Thats why Houdini phone son new acts get their first month free as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    86
    Phones
    Palm Pre
    BB Curve 8330
    Samsung Instinct
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tall
    Damn I bought a new phone on ebay. They claim I can activate it and get the first month free. Lets see if I can if not. I want my money back. On their site it say first month of service free so I guess I'm good.

    Just don't use more than an hour of talk time if you want your money back.
    <---You'll never fully comprehend my mind!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    144
    Phone
    HTC Pro: Custom rom winmo 6.5 working wap/mms/gps/and old school video games.. play Super Mario3
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kendogg41
    Not necessarily. The ESN/MEID just needs to show as 'new' in the system. Thats why Houdini phone son new acts get their first month free as well.

    If use Houdini to flash it will charge 40 to 50 dollars.. so still not free lol ... but either way I assumed if you brought a phone in they wouldnt give u a free month :-p

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8
    Phones
    Samsung Omnia i910
    Motorola V3i Unlocked unlimited itunes cust. DRM Font SU SD
    Carriers
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    so did ya pay the first month?

Bookmarks