Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Impression (A877) contact management?

Phone
    MPX220
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Samsung Impression (A877) contact management?

I have searched in multiple places for an answer to my question, but so far have come up empty. The A877 is a newer phone, so maybe this has not been any issue for anyone yet.

My question is how can you manage your contacts on the A877 from a PC? The New PC Studio only handles multimedia, and I cannot get PC Studio 3 to connect to the A877 at all, via BT or USB.

So far I have only been able to connect the phone to my PC via MTP mode. This is fine for wallpaper, songs, etc., but not for managing contacts.

Does anyone have any guidance? Other than this quirk, I love the phone so far. But I really hate trying to add/edit contacts via the phone.

Thanks

Phones
    iPhone 3.0 ver 4
    HTC Vivid LTE
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    watching... got mine today. im installing software now

its been at the "installing drivers" window for abouy 7 mins now. wtf,,, should i just manually install the drivers and cancel this instalation thats processing?

LTE in Boston, MA

Feedback Score
    i got the impression as well,..me and my wife got one ( buy one get one free from att)...i loaded the software up on my laptop...been trying for 2 days to get the software to conect to my phone......just for kicks,..i plugged the wifes phone in and it connected just fine...why wont it connect to my phone?...is it possible the discs that came with the phones are specific to each phone?..maybe i grabbed her cd instead of mine??...

Phones
    iPhone 3.0 ver 4
    HTC Vivid LTE
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    Cingular/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i got it to work by manually installing the drivers, but i cant find a way to manage contacts. this would make my life so much easier if the software allowed it

Feedback Score
    While it doesn't make any sense what Samsung is thinking, but you need to download the PS Studio for the Eternity to manage your contacts.
    Samsung Eternity PC Studio

Also, not the most intuitive software for managing contacts. One word of caution, if you do a full sync it will put in duplicates for all entries in the phone and Outlook.

Feedback Score
    got my phone to connect with pc studio...that does me nothing...ive got a memory card in my phone,...so putting rintones and songs pictures etc..works quicker to just connecrt via mass storrage mode.....
    but i would really like to be able to manage contacts...mannage callender..events..etc...

is there anyway at all???...im tired of imputung through the phone...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyk25
    got my phone to connect with pc studio...that does me nothing...ive got a memory card in my phone,...so putting rintones and songs pictures etc..works quicker to just connecrt via mass storrage mode.....
    but i would really like to be able to manage contacts...mannage callender..events..etc...

is there anyway at all???...im tired of imputung through the phone...
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...79&postcount=5

Feedback Score
    thats the same software that came with my impression...

Feedback Score
    thats the same software that came with my impression...
    I thought the same thing, but it's not the same.
    The Eternity download page has version IB2, the Impression download page has version IC8. IB2 has functionality for contact management, IC8 does not.

Eternity PC Studio (IB2) download

Impression PC Studio (IC8) download

Feedback Score
    that has to be the same program...when i try to install,..it asks me if im sure i want to un-install the program...the install program works and an uninstall program.....ive tryed it a few times...i dont want to uninstall the software that came with my impression....

Phone
    Samsung Impression
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Question

I tried version IB2 and could not get it to connect to my Impression via Blue Tooth. Those that got it to work, did you use the data cable ?

Thanks
    Randy

Feedback Score
    that has to be the same program...when i try to install,..it asks me if im sure i want to un-install the program...the install program works and an uninstall program.....ive tryed it a few times...i dont want to uninstall the software that came with my impression....
    It is the same program, just a different version with contact management.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Okla_Randy
    I tried version IB2 and could not get it to connect to my Impression via Blue Tooth. Those that got it to work, did you use the data cable ?

Thanks
    Randy
    I didn't try bluetooth, just the data cable.

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ketone
    It is the same program, just a different version with contact management.
    Most versions work with phones/devices that use the same software. Samsung seems to post versions for certain devices that are missing or do not support features that the other versions support. Some of this is based on what provider the phone may be for. One thing to note though that even using a different version that may have all the features available, the firmware of the phone can still also not allow certain features to work.

In terms of using a bluetooth connection, sometimes the bluetooth in the device may not support transferring data to/from other bluetooth enabled devices/computers as they have been disabled in the firmware by the provider/Samsung. Buying the OEM data cable/software kit is the only way to manage your device if the bluetooth is disabled or not even on the device.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    ok i had to uninstall my original software and then install the eternity software...works like a charm...although i didnt have time last night to sync...im not sure about the sync option,...i thought i read that it makes duplicates on your phone and on outlook...i really dont wanna sync then go back and delete the duplicate....any way around this?....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast