Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cross transfer between Net10 - Tracfone

Feedback Score

Cross transfer between Net10 - Tracfone

I have a Tracfone for a few years now; and I recently bought a Net10 for $23 and 600mn. (out of curiosity)- Yesterday I activated it without setting an account... went smoothly wthout asking me any questions other than for the zipcode to give me a phone number.
    Once activated, I was surprised to see they transferred/copied all of my contact list from my Tracfone... They must check automatically their Data Base with each new activation, whether it is TracFone or Net10...

I like the assigned new phone number by Net 10; and I was wondering if at the end of 4months/600mn I can transfer that number to my tracfone to replace the one I have right now ? Did anybody do this before?

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by meetoo88
    I have a Tracfone for a few years now; and I recently bought a Net10 for $23 and 600mn. (out of curiosity)- Yesterday I activated it without setting an account... went smoothly wthout asking me any questions other than for the zipcode to give me a phone number.
    Once activated, I was surprised to see they transferred/copied all of my contact list from my Tracfone... They must check automatically their Data Base with each new activation, whether it is TracFone or Net10...

I like the assigned new phone number by Net 10; and I was wondering if at the end of 4months/600mn I can transfer that number to my tracfone to replace the one I have right now ? Did anybody do this before?

They transfered your contact list from where, from your Tracfone phone to your Net10 phone? As in your phonebook?

If you say yes, you are not going to like my next comment.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Feedback Score
    You said you activated without setting up an account, and they did not ask any info from you. How could they even possibly connect the two phones to the same owner, aside from the fact that I don't think they can transfer the phone book even within the same carrier.

Phones
    If I told 'ya.....
    I'd have to terminate your contract...
    And that would mean an Evil ETF!
    Carriers
    I've used them all...
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates

They transfered your contact list from where, from your Tracfone phone to your Net10 phone? As in your phonebook?

I'd like to see your next comment, whether the OP answers you or not - it sounds to me like he had set up the Net10 after logging into his Tracfone account, didn't clear his cookies or cache, and definitely didn't reboot. But even so, I'm perplexed that this could happen at all.

I had a very interesting CDMA to GSM phone transfer the other day though, so maybe things are changing a bit in how Trac handles their accounts?
    I guess I don't know the right people, because I can't get away with anything around here... Rest assured, though, I will never maliciously properly quote anybody again!

Phones
    Samsung T201G
    Motorola W376
    BlackBerry 8703e
    Carriers
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    You are supposed to be able to transfer (port) your phone numbers. Whether Tracfone makes that easy is another question. BTW, transferring phone contact information to another phone by the carrier automatically has never been heard of before by any carrier. If this is true, I will use that feature on my next phone purchase.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    WOW how could they link your phones at all? It seems like it would be by cache/cookies or even IP but what if its a shared computer or connection? Sounds fishy. I want to hear what jim has to say as well
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score
    jim, don't let us wait!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates

Yes Jim, they transferred the phone list from my Tracfone... is there a Problem?

I bought the Net 10 phone from NET10 online.

Prior to activating NET10 (LG300), I was ready to add a I year card to my Tracfone, so I entered my SN and my SIM (i believe!?) ... but canceled at the last minute... I did not clear Cookies or restart my PC... and went strait to activate NET10.

Feedback Score
    Yes Jim, they transferred the phone list from my Tracfone... is there a Problem?

I bought the Net 10 phone from NET10 online.

Prior to activating NET10 (LG300), I was ready to add a I year card to my Tracfone, so I entered my SN and my SIM (i believe!?) ... but canceled at the last minute... I did not clear Cookies or restart my PC... and went strait to activate NET10.
    Were you hoping for some extra minutes?
    I have to say that this sounds strange. Let's see what Jim has to say, I am eager to hear that.

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV Touch
    Palm Treo 700wx
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like the same thing as VZ Backup Assistant, though I don't really see Trac transferring it automatically, unless you somehow indicated them to.
    100th post Aug 22,2007 9:41PM
    200th post Valentine's Day 2008 10:15PM
    500th post July 22,2008 8:16PM
    --
    92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe.
    Put this in your signature if you are part of the 8% who would be laughing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mharris127
    ... BTW, transferring phone contact information to another phone by the carrier automatically has never been heard of before by any carrier. If this is true, I will use that feature on my next phone purchase.
    I had the NET10 phone for 3 months and as far as I can recall I couldn't set the time or date or anything else as long as it was inactive.
    It is possible though that you could enter contact information (phone list) while inactive... If that is possible I may have done so and forgot I did!... if I did, then age must be catching up with me!

Feedback Score
    I had the NET10 phone for 3 months and as far as I can recall I couldn't set the time or date or anything else as long as it was inactive.
    It is possible though that you could enter contact information (phone list) while inactive... If that is possible I may have done so and forgot I did!... if I did, then age must be catching up with me!
    I am sure that's it.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for the delay, I was out.

I think what I was going to say was said in posts # 3, 6, & 8.
    I will put my money on post # 11 as the explanation because I was going to say
    "I think you are full of sh**)

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    hmmmmm........that's what my money is on. That's the only way it could have happened.....

I'm sure what Jim was about to say was "you're fulla ****".......in a non-mean or non-derogatory kinda "Jim way"........But I'm sure he'll be here soon to speak for himself.

EDIT: LMAO....I guess Jim posted just as I was typing.......LOL

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Feedback Score
    I was going to say
    "I think you are full of sh**)
    Kinda what I expected you to say at first. But then, after some people were so eager to hear what you had to say, I thought they expected some kind of conspiricy theory, where TF would digg out information from your hard drive or something like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast