Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The number or code you have dialed is incorrect

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

The number or code you have dialed is incorrect

I've been getting this message A LOT lately when trying to make a call. Once it happens, it continues to happen for 5-10 minutes, no matter how many times I try to call or what numbers I try to call.

It's getting VERY frustrating. Any ideas on what would cause this?

If it matters, I'm using an i580 with a Boost SIM, in the NY market.

Phone
    Moto i580
    Carriers
    Boost mobile
    Feedback Score
    This has happend to me as well, sometimes its because I forget to put the area code but I think it has happend other times as well. Chalk it up to another network problem I think.
    Have you seen my baseball?

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    In my case I can guarantee that it's not due to mis-dialed numbers. Virtually all of my calls are dialed from my contacts list or recent calls list. Redialing via the recent calls list eventually works when the problem goes away.

Carriers
    Wal-Mart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It happens to me alot also. I would guess it is due to network congestion maybe?

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I have gotten that one too, but I am getting more dropped and garble calls than anything... error 481's and dropped calls even with good signal... signal bouncing from 0-5 bars while standing still, etc.

I love the $50 plan and in general reception is good and quick calls are good but boost is NOT good for longer calls or while you are moving, or in my house where service goes from 0-5 bars all the time... I may just need to go somewhere else
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carriers
    Wal-Mart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it continues to happen with me, I may have to jump ship also...

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I had Nextel for almost 3 years, with 9 months on other carriers before coming to Boost, I and really don't recall it being this bad. It had it's problems, but nothing like what I'm seeing now. I have also seen the "system busy" message (I think that's what it says) and allow it to redial, so I'm thinking this is different somehow.

Carriers
    Wal-Mart Family Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone else experienced dialing a number and getting silence...only to find that the call never went thru? That has been happening alot lately...

Phone
    Nokia N900
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    A similar thing happens to me...when I try to make a call it says "CALLING" and just stays there for like 2-3 minutes doing nothing, so then i hit the end call button and try again....usually takes a few attempts.

*sigh* time for me to switch back to Virgin Mobile, now that they do unlimited. I'll GLADLY pay an extra $10/month to get reliable call/text, and I don't use data much anyways....ESPECIALLY not iDen.

Phone
    i335
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (i335: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.10423/1724; en; U; ssr))

I think it's `Growing Pains`. Boost's revenues grow, we get the pain. I suggest people start calling customer service and demanding credit when they have unacceptable service. Posting here will find you a comrade in suffering, but it doesn't tell Boost.
    Here's tuit and tuit again, if you don't duit tuit when you get tuit, you'll never get tuit to duit tuit again!

I'm in shape... Round's a shape

Phone
    Nexus
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I frequently get a recording of :
    We are unable to complete your call at this time,please try again later message #12 switch 069
    , usually after a long silence. When its bad I've tried calling my boost phone from a landline and the number is sometimes busy and sometimes forwards. I've had problems with calls dropping during peak hours and today I had a call that had forwarded from the boost phone to my land line drop about 10 minutes into the call.

I'm sure its a capacity issue because I don't have any problems at night (after 9).

I'm disappointed, I really like the phone and the coverage is better than cricket but coverage doesn't mean much if calls won't go through. I'm going to try contacting customer service to see what they do or say; I left cricket due to the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Phone
    Galaxy S4 & Optimus G
    Carrier
    Verizon & Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Last night I tried to make a couple of calls. The display would seem to be stuck on "calling" for a bit and then I would receive this error message:

The number or code you are dialing is incorrect, please check the number and try again,,,,,,,,Message 7 Switch 001.

There was no problem with the 2 way or people calling me.

I don't think it's a capacity issue but more of a network glitch. I don't think Boost has replaced the 6 million (or so) Nextel customers that abandoned the network.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolt Seavers
    Has anyone else experienced dialing a number and getting silence...only to find that the call never went thru? That has been happening alot lately...
    I get that too, more so than I did with Nextel. Or maybe it's just the bad memories of Nextel have faded and it's not any worse in reality. But I don't recall getting message we're talking about EVER before on ANY carrier without actually mis-dialing a number. Again, my memory may be faulty, but I certainly won't be forgetting something that happens with this frequency for quite a while.

Carriers
    Straight Talk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RoundTuit
    ...Posting here will find you a comrade in suffering, but it doesn't tell Boost.
    True - posting here (by itself) won't do anything to fix the problem. My gut feeling is that calling Boost (by itself) won't do much to fix the problem either, and will only get you the repsonse that "we're having a problem in your area". By posting and discussing here first, we can at least start the conversation (with Boost) a little more informed as to how common or widespread the problem is, and possibly have a straight answer from someone who knows what the message really means (i.e. is it a capacity issue, are our dialed digits somehow being misinterpreted by some faulty equipment somewhere, etc...).

Phone
    i335
    Carrier
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (i335: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.10423/1724; en; U; ssr))

Absolutely nothing wrong with comparing notes here, this place is GREAT! but, PLZ call CS too. First time I called CS about this I got the same recording!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast