Thread: Can't retreive Voice Mail from cell phone

Phone
    LG Incite
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question Can't retreive Voice Mail from cell phone

HI, All of the sudden I can't retrieve voice mail from my cell phone. when I try to retreive voice mail, the phone prompts to "Save voice mail number first", it wants me to type some numbers in "Mailbox number:"

I called ATT wireless GSM support and they had me try typing in numbers like +12063105900, but if I do, I get an error: "Phone number not valid". They were unable to help. What can I do.

The phone is a Nokia 3590 and voice mail was working fine until yesterday. I can still retreive voice mail from a land phone with my password.

Thanks for any help.

CRUZN8R

Phone
    BB Bold 9900! (Love it!)/Nokia E6
    Carrier
    AT&T (Way back in the Metro One days! 1988) & Cellcom (Israel)
    Feedback Score
    Power down and remove the SIM, put SIM back in and power up again! Should work! DId for me when I had this problem!

Phone
    LG Incite
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, but nothing changed, still doing the same thing.

Phones
    Nokia N75
    Samsung SYNC
    LG CU500
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Re: Can't retreive Voice Mail from cell phone

Originally posted by CRUZN8R
    HI, All of the sudden I can't retrieve voice mail from my cell phone. when I try to retreive voice mail, the phone prompts to "Save voice mail number first", it wants me to type some numbers in "Mailbox number:"

I called ATT wireless GSM support and they had me try typing in numbers like +12063105900, but if I do, I get an error: "Phone number not valid". They were unable to help. What can I do.

The phone is a Nokia 3590 and voice mail was working fine until yesterday. I can still retreive voice mail from a land phone with my password.

Thanks for any help.

CRUZN8R
    How long have you had your phone? It's been discovered that since Feb 03, the 3590 and a few 6590's have for some reason lost their VM retrieval numbers that were previously programmed onto the phone. You might want to call Warranty Exchange and have your phone swapped out since this is a valid exchange issue. There is a workaround which is to program the VM retrieval number in your #2 slot, instead of the usual #1 slot. The trick is finding the right retrieval number to program on your phone. PM me your number, if that's okay, and I'll give you the right number.

Phones
    Blackberry Storm/Motorola k1m
    Motorola i850
    Motorola v3xx
    Carriers
    Verizon;
    AT&..... I'm sorry, you faded out. Could you repeat that?
    Feedback Score
    Can you check your voicemail from a different phone? Because I had the same problem. The problem is that the new voicemail system and the old voicemail system have different numbers. Call CS and ask for the new number. Also, a tech told me that I had not been switched to the new system, even though I had to re-setup my voicemail. It was a very confusing three days. Just call around midnight, there have been really nice reps at that time who will help you out.

Jonathan

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What version of firmware does your 3590 have?

I had one with 7.03 that did it and wouldn't recover, swapped it for one with 7.05 which still does it occasionally, but the power on-off fixes it.
    J T

Phone
    LG Incite
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I can get voice mail from another phone with my old password. I was not prompted to enter temp. password.

How do I check firmware version?

Thanks

Phone
    LG Incite
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    *#0000# shows I have firmware 7.03

I called customer service again and got a warranty replacement exchange phone on the way.

Thanks for the help.

CRUZN8R

Phones
    SE K790a / K750i / T616
    BB 8100/8820/8900
    Nokia 6200/8890/6101/6590
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does this happen when dialing your cell number to access your VM, or when you're dialing the back door # for the VM system itself? GSM phones are setup to dial into the VM network via network phone number. The network phone number may be forwarded to the new VM system, but dialing your own cell number should lead to the original VM system. I just experienced this the other day and had to reprogram my phone to dial my cell number because the network number had changed over to the new system and I was unable to access my VM. Everything is fine now as I access via my own cell number.

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by CRUZN8R
    *#0000# shows I have firmware 7.03
    Yeah that version is aweful. I immediately returned the phone because of constant resetting problems.

Phone
    LG Incite
    Carrier
    ATT Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just got a replacement 3590 from ATT Wireless. It has firmware 7.58 11-03-03
    The voice mail box number works properly now.

CRUZN8R