Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

Voicemail Password Not Working

This has been an issue going back as far as two months now.

The problem is that my voicemail no longer requires a password - even though I have repeatedly attempted to set it.

A month and a half ago, when I first noticed that my vm would go straight to my messages without prompting for my password, I reset it and it worked... only to find that it no longer worked less than a week later.

Just a few minutes ago, I attempted to set a new password (tried different passwords, etc) as many as 15 times to find the same problem - not being prompted for a password when accessing my vm.

Is anyone else having these problems??? I have two other friends who have the MetroPCS service and they are having the same issue as well, yet I see no reports about it on the forum at all.

Also, does Metro allow for vm to be accessed from a phone other than your cell? Because if so, I am afraid that others may have access to my messages (which is not a good thing at all).

Thank you in advance for your time/replies,

Tina

Feedback Score
    its the system it will allow your phone to bypass logon but others will need to press * and then be asked the password. it will be safe so dont worry. if you want your phone to be asked for password try calling cs and ask how.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Kind of odd though.

I lock my phone whenever I leave a room but wow... what is Metro thinking? As said, I first noticed the issue nearly two months ago so I wonder why it has not been taken care of by now?

I trust some but not all. As such, I would not put it past someone to access my vm while I am in the shower, etc. I usually take my phone with me... but there are times when I simply forget (and forget to lock it as well - though very rarely).

Auto-lock until CS is called!

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinad23
    Thank you!

Kind of odd though.

I lock my phone whenever I leave a room but wow... what is Metro thinking? As said, I first noticed the issue nearly two months ago so I wonder why it has not been taken care of by now?

I trust some but not all. As such, I would not put it past someone to access my vm while I am in the shower, etc. I usually take my phone with me... but there are times when I simply forget (and forget to lock it as well - though very rarely).

Auto-lock until CS is called!
    wowsers, i don't know what kind of people you live/hang with but it sounds horrible. i would be upset if someone checked my voicemail.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by allmanallpimp
    wowsers, i don't know what kind of people you live/hang with but it sounds horrible. i would be upset if someone checked my voicemail.
    I think honestly that I am simply paranoid and worried for nothing!

But better to be safe than sorry! People leave personal stuff by vm (why, I do not know).

Tina

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I would call cs and ask them to reset your voicemail. I have the prompt for password on my voice mail and have not been experiencing any problems. If it still does not work it might be a problem with your local voicemail system. Have cs or your local corp location fill out a trouble ticket for it.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Jawad50.

(And I would have contacted you by now regarding the help... but I did not wish to bother you)

Tina

Feedback Score
    Call your voicemail from your handset and press 4 to go into administration option -> password option -> skip password off.

Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drps4
    Call your voicemail from your handset and press 4 to go into administration option -> password option -> skip password off.
    Well that was easy! LOL.

WOW! Thank you!!!!!!!!