Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Voicemail Password Not Working

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0

    Voicemail Password Not Working

    This has been an issue going back as far as two months now.

    The problem is that my voicemail no longer requires a password - even though I have repeatedly attempted to set it.

    A month and a half ago, when I first noticed that my vm would go straight to my messages without prompting for my password, I reset it and it worked... only to find that it no longer worked less than a week later.

    Just a few minutes ago, I attempted to set a new password (tried different passwords, etc) as many as 15 times to find the same problem - not being prompted for a password when accessing my vm.

    Is anyone else having these problems??? I have two other friends who have the MetroPCS service and they are having the same issue as well, yet I see no reports about it on the forum at all.

    Also, does Metro allow for vm to be accessed from a phone other than your cell? Because if so, I am afraid that others may have access to my messages (which is not a good thing at all).

    Thank you in advance for your time/replies,

    Tina

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,577
    Feedback Score
    0
    its the system it will allow your phone to bypass logon but others will need to press * and then be asked the password. it will be safe so dont worry. if you want your phone to be asked for password try calling cs and ask how.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thank you!

    Kind of odd though.

    I lock my phone whenever I leave a room but wow... what is Metro thinking? As said, I first noticed the issue nearly two months ago so I wonder why it has not been taken care of by now?

    I trust some but not all. As such, I would not put it past someone to access my vm while I am in the shower, etc. I usually take my phone with me... but there are times when I simply forget (and forget to lock it as well - though very rarely).

    Auto-lock until CS is called!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI
    Posts
    4,202
    Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by tinad23
    Thank you!

    Kind of odd though.

    I lock my phone whenever I leave a room but wow... what is Metro thinking? As said, I first noticed the issue nearly two months ago so I wonder why it has not been taken care of by now?

    I trust some but not all. As such, I would not put it past someone to access my vm while I am in the shower, etc. I usually take my phone with me... but there are times when I simply forget (and forget to lock it as well - though very rarely).

    Auto-lock until CS is called!
    wowsers, i don't know what kind of people you live/hang with but it sounds horrible. i would be upset if someone checked my voicemail.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

    BTM and Bangin Magazines







    Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allmanallpimp
    wowsers, i don't know what kind of people you live/hang with but it sounds horrible. i would be upset if someone checked my voicemail.
    I think honestly that I am simply paranoid and worried for nothing!

    But better to be safe than sorry! People leave personal stuff by vm (why, I do not know).

    Tina

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    1,207
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would call cs and ask them to reset your voicemail. I have the prompt for password on my voice mail and have not been experiencing any problems. If it still does not work it might be a problem with your local voicemail system. Have cs or your local corp location fill out a trouble ticket for it.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks Jawad50.

    (And I would have contacted you by now regarding the help... but I did not wish to bother you)

    Tina

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7
    Feedback Score
    0
    Call your voicemail from your handset and press 4 to go into administration option -> password option -> skip password off.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    255
    Phones
    Samsung Messager R450
    BlackBerry Curve 8530
    LG Motion 4G
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drps4
    Call your voicemail from your handset and press 4 to go into administration option -> password option -> skip password off.
    Well that was easy! LOL.

    WOW! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Bookmarks