Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: use of old motorola Startac on todays networks

Feedback Score
    Why not get one from eBay. They were rock solid, the only issues they could have is a broken antenna(they extend so were prone to breaking or bending) and that the battery will probably need to be replaced. There is a person on eBay called rcracerg911 that was selling refurbed ST7868's with it already ready for Page Plus activation. I just bought one of them from this seller and it looks great. He/She has you send the zip code of the place you are using the phone in and it comes with a phone number that matches the local area you are in and has a couple of bucks on the phone so you can make calls right away.

You want the ST7868 as it has the two CDMA bands 800 and 1900 mhz so you get maximum coverage.

This phone is a beast. I have AT&T like you do but wanted to rock the oldest working (i.e. able to make calls) phone I could find as a conversation piece

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    I have a 7868, and i activated it on PP, i just did *228 and it OTA'd no problem.. as long as it's a 7868, it'll even OTA and the network will know the correct info to push to the phone (even though my acct is not a MSID/MDN match) all you have to put into the programming is the MSID, the phone will show the wrong number but it will still work OK....
    Left: T-Mobile Unlimited LTE, Right: CenturyLink DSL at Home

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    http://osiris.978.org/~brianr/mirror...ss/stprog.html

this phone can be manually programed with mis matched min/mdn pairs too.
    i got 1 complete st7868, p8767, an AMPS model. plus 2 incomplete st7868s
    first incomplete model had a damaged case, so i pulled the mainboard and stuck in inside a motorola microtac, works good and is activated, but its the 7058 firmware so it lacks 2 way sms, second phone had firmware 7654 and had 2way sms, but there was something wrong with the motherboard, i might try to transplant the firmware onto another motherboard if i come across any extra ones down the road. i cant seem to find st7868s with 7654 firmware, most them are 7058s

Phones
    Nokia N900
    Moto Timeport P8767
    Nokia N9
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    hey man, i just bought a bunch of old P8767's off ebay and all of them have the 7058 firmware. i need that 7654 firmware youve got. did you find a way to get the firmware off the board? how do i put it on mine? any help would be appreciated. also, what software must be used? i have the COM port cable to startac connector cable and ive installed MOTO PST on WinXP. thank u

Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    actually i havn't tried to yet, seemed like a dead end as far as finding cables and software went...

i have the ROM chip of a 7654 firmware st7868, p8767 compatible sitting around here somewere, just need an operational donar phone to solder the 7654 chip onto, but ive been busy and forgot about it til last night i got an email notifacation on new post on an old thread.. i had a theory if i had a 7654 st7868, and the firmware flashing tools, that i could "back-up" the firmware of the 7654 phone and "restore" it on older phones, like my 2 other 7058 ST7868 and P8767(i own and use 2 startac based phones for everyday use)

now, i would need the software, the schematic for the interface cable and a working donar phone to try though.... if anyone can locate the correct software and find me schematics of the cable, id be willing to look at them and see if its possible...

Feedback Score
    I am a Page Plus dealer, and the DUAL BAND 7*** series phones activate on our network without issues (yes, they do load the new PRLs and all that jazz), but it has to have originally been on the Verizon network. I am still rocking a model 7868W, and if you need one of these activated, you can call me on it at: (702) 379-4887 Long Live the STARTAC!

Phones
    Nokia N900
    Moto Timeport P8767
    Nokia N9
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

have the ability to update the F/W?

hey Jack, i was wondering, do you pageplus dealers have the ability to update the firmware on the old StarTACs and Timeports? cause mine has the firmware that wont let it send SMS, only recieve SMS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtronx View Post
    hey Jack, i was wondering, do you pageplus dealers have the ability to update the firmware on the old StarTACs and Timeports? cause mine has the firmware that wont let it send SMS, only recieve SMS
    Sorry, but no we can't. I simply use my on line account access to disable my text capabilities. I'm not a text fan anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2