Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to remove registered phones under my Tracfone account

Feedback Score

Is there a way to remove registered phones under my Tracfone account

Last year, I bought a LG225 phone with 400 minutes airtime card as a bundle. When the W376 came out, I got one and transferred my airtime and days from the LG225 to the W376, and sold the LG225. However, if I log on to Tracfone, I can still see the LG225 and its new phone number. Is there a way to remove it or somehow let TF know that I don't own the phone anymore?
    Thanks.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    There's a "remove phone" option up on the left side of your account page. If it is listed as your primary fone you will need to change that before you can remove it. Also, that fone will forever have a relationship with your account. A csr can enter the s/n from that fone in their system and see that it had been in your account at one time. Back when I was selling oodles of fones the name and address on some of my accounts would change to the new fone owners info even after I had removed that fone from the account. I am not sure if that is an issue any longer as trac has shut down my selling hobby. Hell, I can't even keep a listing active on craigslist!
    Having to wait even an hour to get a prepaid wireless plan pin from an online dealer or pin seller is NOT great, good or even mediocre customer service when you consider this instant internet age we live in. Why let anyone convince you otherwise? Understaffed is what it's called.(Two is not a team)

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    LG Optimus L9,iPhone 3GS & 4S,Palm Pixi Plus
    Samsung SGH-A437,SCH-i730,SGH-T419
    Carrier
    GoPhonex3 PagePlusx2 TMo2Go Tracfone Ptel
    Feedback Score
    Add the W376 to your online account and make it "primary" then remove the LG225.

This would remove the LG from your online account but I'm not sure it will remove the owner information for that phone in the tracfone system. It looks to me that those two things are separate but I may be wrong.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 14 years!

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho
    Add the W376 to your online account and make it "primary" then remove the LG225.

This would remove the LG from your online account but I'm not sure it will remove the owner information for that phone in the tracfone system. It looks to me that those two things are separate but I may be wrong.
    Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me? If so see my previous post (post#2).

Feedback Score
    Tracnet, thank you for the info. Since the phone will be linked to me, there is no point in removing it from my account.
    OT: Why would anyone remove your posts at craigslist? Is this against TF?

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001
    Tracnet,
    OT: Why would anyone remove your posts at craigslist? Is this against TF?
    Dunno...........I think it's just being flagged a couple times by local users so then it gets deleted. I don't know that I am violating any craigslist policies. I am not using any pictures or anything that they could consider copyrighted. So I guess it's just a couple people not wanting me to sell my trac stuff. A-holes! It's on my local list. I'm going to try it on a BIG city list and see what happens. I doubt that trac is policing craigslist....that would be a bit much I think.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newtoy1001
    Since the phone will be linked to me, there is no point in removing it from my account.
    If the new owner of the fone wants to add it to his/her account you will need to remove it from yours. Once they add it then the fone will be in the trac system as belonging to that person. However, a trac csr can check the s/n history and see that it was in your account at some point.

Feedback Score
    I removed a phone from my account because I sold the phone. The new owner was unable to add the phone to his account. According to cs, my name was still associated with the phone, and I would have to call them to remove it. I called and they said they removed my name. The guy was able to register the phone. When I happened to check my account, my name on the whole account had changed to no (first name) name (last name). Apparently, that is the null value. As long as I keep it that way while someone is registering a phone, everything works.

Feedback Score
    Guess the new owner never try to register the phone. I sold the LG225 on ebay and he has my email address if he wants to contact me.

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I had two different attempted transfers recently where the CS rep refused to transfer the mintues from a phone because I could not tell them the name of the person that activated the phone. They wanted to know the name on the first account that the phones were in.

One was a customers phone so I got the customers info. When I called back they didn't ask for anything, not even the phone number for the phone I was transferring from.

I argued one time about 3 weeks ago and finally got the transfer done but last week they would not do it. The phone was in my account. Had been in my account for a while. Didn't matter. On one they tried to acccomodate me by asking me other questions like when was the last time I added airtime, when was the phone first activated etc.

I hate to think of what it must be like for some people that buy phones on ebay and call to have them transfered. I told the guy, the phone is in my acccount, I have the phone in my hand, I have the package the phone came in. I asked who I could speak to to remedy the situation. He said there was not dept to handle it but he could not help me. I asked for a number to the corp. office or somehting. He put me on hold for about a min. and came back with it.

When you can't get something done, just hang up and call back. Sooner or later you will get it done.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Hello? Hello? Can anybody hear me? If so see my previous post (post#2).
    The OP had a post between #2 (yours) and #3 (mine) that was deleted. I was replying to that post. I should have quoted it. The OP had stated in that post that he was unable remove the phone as that was the primary (and only) one in his account and he couldn't change that, therefore my post.

Back when I was selling oodles of fones the name and address on some of my accounts would change to the new fone owners info even after I had removed that fone from the account.
    Don't you mean wouldn't?

Feedback Score
    The serial number remains associated with the first owner. It's like the second owner is added as a co-owner. When the second owner relists the phone and changes the personal info, everybody gets their personal info changed. The phone doesn't go back onto your list, however. TF just wants a name trail.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho
    Don't you mean wouldn't?
    No. I meant "would".
    After I sold a fone the customer would sometimes contact trac cs to transct some kind of biz with them. At which point the trac csr would ask for their personal info. They apparently enter that info into my account, changing all my personal info. I would sign in to the account online and see the buyer name, address.............

So......... "Back when I was selling oodles of fones the name and address on some of my accounts would change to the new fone owners info even after I had removed that fone from the account."

Phones
    Nokia 2600,6010,3585i
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    No. I meant "would".
    After I sold a fone the customer would sometimes contact trac cs to transct some kind of biz with them. At which point the trac csr would ask for their personal info. They apparently enter that info into my account, changing all my personal info. I would sign in to the account online and see the buyer name, address.............

So......... "Back when I was selling oodles of fones the name and address on some of my accounts would change to the new fone owners info even after I had removed that fone from the account."
    Ok. Now I get it.

Do you think (or know) this would still happen had the new owner already added the phone to his own online account? That would be .

I thought the online account personal info on the TF website was just a convenience for web stuff only (e.g. online refills, transfers etc.), not really a realtime reflection of the internal owner information in the TF system, although one could transfer data to the other (e.g. during online activations). So if I activate a new phone off-line giving them some personal information and then I create a TF web account with completely different personal information and then add that phone to the account which one would they see internally as the owner information?

Feedback Score
    The first name will stand. If you try to add the phone to an account under a different name, you will get an error saying the phone is already registered to someone else. That is why the seller has to call TF and get the name removed so the buyer can register the phone. However, the buyer's info might show up in your account later. Anyway, I change my info to no (first name) name (last name). That clears it for the buyer without having to call cs. I noticed that happened automatically when I called cs once to remove my name. Then it fills in with the buyer's name. Oh well, change it back to no name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast