Thread: Boulder Ringtones

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Boulder Ringtones

YAY got this working...

So i bought a data cable from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-DATA-CABLE-f...QQcmdZViewItem) that one specifically...works great by the way

first i tried bitpim by going under the filesystem>brew>mod>10889>ringtones...i just dragged and dropped the 30 sec mp3 i made...after a few seconds it said the phone had trouble manipulating the filesystem and the mp3 appeared but it said 0 bytes (i then deleted it)...so on to QPST

in QPST use the EFS explorer program...same way to access the filesystem (same order too)...drag and drop works for QPST too but this also said 0 bytes but it took a few seconds to copy and actually did a full copy procedure

i rebooted the phone since you have to for the ringtone to show and QPST puts it in the special editing mode...and it appeared!!!

the boulder is the loudest phone ive had so you might want to turn down the decibel rating when you make ringtones (i thought the outside speaker was gonna blow )
    Computer

Cell Phone w/USB

Boulder Ringtones

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Couple of questions,

How did you get bitpim to recognize your phone?

I have no problems getting QPST to read and display the file system of the phone. Then also have no problem writing or sending files to other folders on the phone. However when trying to send files to the brew/mod/10889/ringtone folder it ends with errors because that folder is locked.
    So what did you do to unlock that folder to make this possible?

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    in bitpim i set the phone to vx10000 (voyager)..maybe something in bitpim caused it to unlock? (doubt it tho)..ive just been playing around since i got the cable

now i just need to get WAP working...

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What drivers are you using for the boulder

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok I switch to one of my Vista computers and with Bitpim I did get it to display the file system. BUT, always get the error “access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the phone provider”

Again through QPST you can write files to the phone in to other folders or locations. You can also write files to the brew/mod/10889/ folder just not the ringtones folder.
    However if anyone else is going to try this do not accidently drop a file in to that folder (brew/mod/10889/). Because once you get the file there, there is no way to remove or move it. Trying to move or delete you get the same error about the folder being locked.

Do not waste your money on the data cable!
    If you want to put ringtones on to your boulder, email or text them to yourself.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    hmmm...i have no idea then...i was also playing around with the CHMC PST program too

link to the goods... http://www.mobile-files.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=443236

and the cable was only a few bucks and works great...

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok I got it to work and am adding ringtones to the folder without a problem.

What you need to do is open CHMC PST and get it to communicate with your phone. Then after that under setting, you have to hit a button to read some info from the phone. After it reads info, you can close down that program. Go to QPST efs explorer and at first you shouldn’t be able to connect. So you leave that open and go to QPST configure and the port will be disabled. Just highlight that one and hit enable.
    Now back in esf explorer that port should be available so tell it to connect. Navigate to the ringrones folder and you can drag and drop ringtones in without a problem.

Later tonight, I’ll write this up better with pictures.

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here I did this with pictures to help, well I hope it helps.

Any way I guess using CHMC PST unlocks the folder. I have tried it several different ways and for it to work you have to click the “read from phone” button at least once for the folders to become unlocked.

>>Click Here<< and like I said I hope it help.

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    can we get this stickied?

Carrier(s)
    sprint
    Feedback Score
    thanks you to for all the info you provided. cant count the number of posts ive looked at about the ringtones for this phone

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grvtman
    thanks you to for all the info you provided. cant count the number of posts ive looked at about the ringtones for this phone
    i was in the same boat...everyone was saying "text yourself" but i dont have texts right now

Device(s)
    Casio G'zone Commando
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by aRBy

...>>Click Here<< and like I said I hope it help.
    Following this link, I see you are using CHMC PST v1.2.0 but the download you provided at the beginning of this thread is for v0.2.1. A Google search didn't come up with any hits for v1.2.0. Do you have it available?
    Thanks,

Phil

Device(s)
    Casio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-NE
    Following this link, I see you are using CHMC PST v1.2.0 but the download you provided at the beginning of this thread is for v0.2.1. A Google search didn't come up with any hits for v1.2.0. Do you have it available?
    Thanks,

Phil
    I put CHMC PST v1.2.0 in the Google search box and this was the 3 link that popped up.

http://www.hit2mobile.com/forum/audi...1-boulder.html

Device(s)
    Samsung Rogue
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    definitely use the 1.2.0 version...the 0.2.1 SUCKS

Feedback Score
    No doing over Bluetooth, I guess; need the cable?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast