Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by illeism
    are we seriously going to bring this "kevin and cx are god so there ways are true" conversation into yet another thread?
    I VOTE TO TALK ABOUT THE ACTUAL PHONE. And facts that will help people learn more about it. And quit talking about a possible release date until it is announce officially.
    Well, we've about beat the phone to death, and there's no new information.

and no, it's not Kevin and CX are god.. they're just privy to information. The backlash on that is really unwarranted, as nobody that's whining about it has any real information to provide.

Regardless, USA Today's reporting about VZW meeting with Apple almost has me turned off on this phone already.
    "Shouldn't you be working?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    the grass is usually greenest over the septic system. think about it

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeyH
    Well, we've about beat the phone to death, and there's no new information.

and no, it's not Kevin and CX are god.. they're just privy to information. The backlash on that is really unwarranted, as nobody that's whining about it has any real information to provide.

Regardless, USA Today's reporting about VZW meeting with Apple almost has me turned off on this phone already.
    When did this happen? Link?

Device(s)
    9xxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pman555
    When did this happen? Link?
    He's talking about the story from the USA Today & BGR--> http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...hone-for-2010/

The 9630 will be launching with OS 5.0
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 04-27-2009 at 09:53 AM.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme
    He's talking about the story from the USA Today & BGR--> http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/...hone-for-2010/
    oh boy...very interesting, thanks for the link.

I was actually just reading a similar post on Engadget.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeyH
    Why? The iPhone and Blackberry are two totally different phones. If you want a good business phone and a good keyboard to type it on, you go with a Blackberry. I don't know why you would discount this phone so fast after one report of the iPhone possibly coming to VZW in at LEAST a year.

They could be giving the iPhone out free at Verizon, and I don't care. I want the features of a Blackberry, and I'm excited for the Tour.
    Slink
    Find me on...
    Twitter · Steam · Gdgt

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Sorry for going off topic... but in the pic with the three phones side by side, is the far left one the Jupiter (curve replacement)?

I really prefer the spaced out keys.

Device(s)
    OG Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by civicsixxx
    Sorry for going off topic... but in the pic with the three phones side by side, is the far left one the Jupiter (curve replacement)?

I really prefer the spaced out keys.
    No. Its the Curve 8900 (currently on T-Mobile.)
    WOW. Pudding...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar
    So 128MB for native processes and 128MB for separated application memory totaling 256MB? That sounds great.

Is there 1GB total though? That's a separate question now after you answered my initial one.
    Unfortunately not, per Kevin @ Crackberry. But MicroSDHC can go up to 32GB and perhaps those will be available once the phone is.

I'm superstoked now that CX is confirming that the 9630 will be released with OS 5.0. That's awesome.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb
    Unfortunately not, per Kevin @ Crackberry. But MicroSDHC can go up to 32GB and perhaps those will be available once the phone is.

I'm superstoked now that CX is confirming that the 9630 will be released with OS 5.0. That's awesome.
    What's new with 5.0 anyhow? Is it visually any different or just faster?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well, it's additions/improvements are mostly for BES users, but I remember in that 9630 review posted by Kevin @ Crackberry, he mentioned he found some memory management tools in 4.7.1 that he thought will more than likely carry over to 5.0.

I forget what else he mentions though. I'm at work right now but I'll look at that review again later.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630 (currently)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It would seem May is unlikely. Thinking back to the 8330 release, there were a few posts by members stating/proving that the 8330 was already entered into the VZW inventory system 1-2 weeks prior to release date. So if May was going to happen we should have or should be seeing the same.....My upgrade is May 3rd, guess I'm waiting until August, but I hope I am proven wrong...just my 0.02....

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ushneb
    Well, it's additions/improvements are mostly for BES users, but I remember in that 9630 review posted by Kevin @ Crackberry, he mentioned he found some memory management tools in 4.7.1 that he thought will more than likely carry over to 5.0.

I forget what else he mentions though. I'm at work right now but I'll look at that review again later.
    Take a look at my first post I have pictures of the new memory management (courtesy of CrackBerry Kevin of course)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    There is no way this will release before july. I think that needs to be accepted. May just isnt happening

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
    It would seem May is unlikely. Thinking back to the 8330 release, there were a few posts by members stating/proving that the 8330 was already entered into the VZW inventory system 1-2 weeks prior to release date. So if May was going to happen we should have or should be seeing the same.....My upgrade is May 3rd, guess I'm waiting until August, but I hope I am proven wrong...just my 0.02....
    I agree. I feel like we would've seen something more if the phone was actually going to be released in May. I highly doubt it'll land on Verizon within the next month.

Device(s)
    LG enV (green)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daseff
    I agree. I feel like we would've seen something more if the phone was actually going to be released in May. I highly doubt it'll land on Verizon within the next month.
    I agree that the phone will not be released in May. I just wish Verizon would give us SOMETHING. I'm itching for some kind of timeline.

Page 4 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 104 ... LastLast