Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible (4/29)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucial_Xtreme

The 9630 will be launching with OS 5.0
    Great news! I know there were early reports of the test OSs being very buggy and sluggish. How are the newer builds (especially the 5.0 builds) holding up?

Also, does anyone know if the 9630 is going to come with the global sim card like the Storm or if it will be something that needs to be purchases separately like the 8830?
    UConn Huskies
    1999 & 2004 National Champions
    2009 Final Four

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by illeism
    I agree that the phone will not be released in May. I just wish Verizon would give us SOMETHING. I'm itching for some kind of timeline.
    I would say wait until WES in a week or so, I would imagine any big announcement will come during that.
    Slink
    Find me on...
    Twitter · Steam · Gdgt

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Speaking of WES... I had a meeting with my Blackberry rep today, and I said "Announcing anything big during WES? 9630, maybe?" and he just looked at me with a big smile and said "I dunno, we'll see..."

I could have totally misread him, but it WOULD be nice to see it announced next week.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The latest BGR release date speculation is July.

Linky

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pman555

Linky
    That sounds about right. And I'm actually hoping it is released in July so all the people on here praising their "reliable internet sources" will realize that that hardly counts as anything official.

Sooner is better than later.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Linky
    I am skeptically optimistic (is that even possible?) about this whole July release rumor. I am fairly certain that July has been brought into the equation because of how well testing has been going (specifically with 5.0), but you never know when they could run into a problem here or there (crosses fingers).

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jorGeorge
    I am skeptically optimistic (is that even possible?) about this whole July release rumor. I am fairly certain that July has been brought into the equation because of how well testing has been going (specifically with 5.0), but you never know when they could run into a problem here or there (crosses fingers).
    I agree.

I would feel a whole lot better about it if C_X and/or KB come in and say July :-) haha

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    BG just responded to a comment I made about testing:
    @jorGeorge

I don’t want to cause a ruckus, but to be perfectly honest, the latest OS build is absolutely rock-solid. Really, really rock-solid.

Very impressed. Then again, they screwed up enough with the 95xx and this is less difficult…

“Damn it, BG! You can’t just say one nice thing about RIM without ruining it, can you!?”

Feedback Score
    so the May 2009 release date is no longer? August 2009 now? damn Verizon.. get going already!!!!

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Linky
    So the timelines are now matching up with what Kevin and CX have been saying all along? Shocking...

Device(s)
    DROID
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Aren't all release dates just rumor until it is confirmed by RIM or Verizon? Just saying... I don't think we can accept any word as gospel since none of the people in the "know" knew the name was changing.

I agree though, the sooner the better.

Not so sure I want an iphone, I really like having a real keyboard. It does have A LOT of cool applications though. Still not enough to win me over until it has a keyboard.

Device(s)
    EVO, at the moment
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (back after 2 years with Sprint)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by squale
    so the May 2009 release date is no longer? August 2009 now? damn Verizon.. get going already!!!!
    I don't think May was anything more than speculation/wishful thinking. The phone hasn't even been announced yet.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by admiller
    I don't think we can accept any word as gospel since none of the people in the "know" knew the name was changing.
    Some of the insiders actually did say that "Niagara" was just a codename and not the official name, and the real name just wasn't known yet. Besides, if these folks work for Verizon, I'd much expect them to hear about the release date before the official name - I'd imagine that the phone is just referred to as "the 9630" internally.

Feedback Score
    for someone who made such a big deal out of dropping the whole conversation about CX and Kevin:

Quote Originally Posted by daseff
    Thank you to those who agreed with me, and thank you to those who are stating that the debate of proving your "sources" is absolutely ridiculous.
    you sure do bring it up a lot:

Quote Originally Posted by daseff
    And I'm actually hoping it is released in July so all the people on here praising their "reliable internet sources" will realize that that hardly counts as anything official.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rottdogg
    for someone who made such a big deal out of dropping the whole conversation about CX and Kevin:

you sure do bring it up a lot:
    Uh, yeah, to prove that there is no "reliable" source of information except Verizon and RIM themselves.

Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 55 105 ... LastLast