Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daseff
    Uh, yeah, to prove that there is no "reliable" source of information except Verizon and RIM themselves.
    Yeah, you've really done that since February..

Stick around long enough, although there's a lot of filtering that has to take place, you'll find some useful info.
    "Shouldn't you be working?"

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthetas
    the grass is usually greenest over the septic system. think about it

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeyH
    Yeah, you've really done that since February..

Stick around long enough, although there's a lot of filtering that has to take place, you'll find some useful info.
    What are you even talking about...?
    I'm saying something is only going to be confirmed when it's done by Verizon (the carrier of the phone) or RIM (the manufacturer of the phone). People should only trust the direct source.
    Why does that have anything to do with when I joined the forums?

Device(s)
    BB Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I'm saying something is only going to be confirmed when it's done by Verizon (the carrier of the phone) or RIM (the manufacturer of the phone). People should only trust the direct source.
    lol don't worry about it. Some people here are a bit nutty about the process of phone releases. In any case, you're right. There are only few truly reliable sources and those are the people who made the device themselves. Not people who come onto the most popular open-registration cell phone message board and claim or create, regardless of "truth", certain pieces of information to be true. GRAIN OF SALT PPL. GRAIN OF SALT.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Alright guys, let's please stop the bickering. Believe what you want! That's what makes the internet so great..

Anyway, hopefully we get an announcement at WES which would at least acknowledge the phone's existence.

Feedback Score
    Mods, please delete this thread. These little 7th graders rambling back in forth are a joke. Wasting valuable space on the internet.

Device(s)
    Bold 9650 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shimojunk
    Mods, please delete this thread. These little 7th graders rambling back in forth are a joke. Wasting valuable space on the internet.
    Says the guy who's been a HoFo member for four years and has accumulated a whole eighteen posts. Quality posts, my man!

Well I have two secondary lines on my plan, and they're up for NE2 soon. I just learned that the primary line can use that NE2 if the secondary lines don't. Very enticing, although not in time for the 9630.
    BlackBerry cherry popped on May 6, 2008.

Spelling cheat sheet
    *supposedly
    *definitely
    *you're
    *literally (just don't use it)
    *might as well
    *prima donna
    *wrong place, right time
    *couldn't care less

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shimojunk
    shimo, there is no reason to delete the thread. the original post has a lot of valuable information and it would not be fair to jor to have him do it all again. however, i have no argument if the mods want to delete the bickering.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned already but do you guys think that GPS will be unlocked on the Tour? I got a Freedom GPS 2000 Bluetooth receiver from a friend the other day and was wondering if I will even need it when I upgrade to the Tour. If GPS is unlocked I will be selling this GPS receiver ASAP since I currently don't have a BB so I think it is useless if I'm correct!

Device(s)
    Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJSNeptune
    Well I have two secondary lines on my plan, and they're up for NE2 soon. I just learned that the primary line can use that NE2 if the secondary lines don't. Very enticing, although not in time for the 9630.
    I was told that only the primary line counts for the NE2. Secondary lines can get the 2 year extension price to upgrade a phone but only the primary line actually gets the $200 NE2 credit.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So blackberry apps are available to either version of OS right? Not just the latest 5.0? I am not a blackberry user, but will be soon whenever this phone is released, so forgive my ignorance.

Feedback Score
    It's naysayers like you who said C_X was full of it when he said that the Storm would be a hybrid and work on AT&T and Rogers and work on umts in Europe. And when Kevin gave out the specs for the Storm. Both gave said information and more way before anything "official" came out from RIM or Verizon. Yet people like you said they didn't know what they were talking about. But as we know, they were right. So when you don't know, it's best just to stay out of it. And this is obviously the case right now.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    SKU for a 9630 accessory shows up on Telus inventory system...interesting...

Going to Telus before Verizon?

Crackberry post

Device(s)
    Bold 9650 (current)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Highly doubt it would come to Telus before Verizon. The same time, maybe. I wish carriers would have a plethora of accessories for new devices when the devices were released. I get 25% off accessories at Verizon, but they never have much (or what they have sucks) at launch.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pman555
    SKU for a 9630 accessory shows up on Telus inventory system...interesting...

Going to Telus before Verizon?

Crackberry post
    That's pretty sketchy info. From what I read on the other thread, the 9630 is already "in the system" for Verizon, albeit without a release date or price or anything. I'd have to believe it's coming to Verizon first.
    Slink
    Find me on...
    Twitter · Steam · Gdgt

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Why wouldn't it show up in Canada first? Honestly.

Page 6 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 56 106 ... LastLast