Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official BlackBerry Tour 9630 Pre-release Thread

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Because there's a much bigger market in the US?
    Slink
    Find me on...
    Twitter · Steam · Gdgt

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    It will likely show up on Canadian providers first, VZ will not see this device until mid to late July/August.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYM1988
    Hey sorry if this was mentioned already but do you guys think that GPS will be unlocked on the Tour? I got a Freedom GPS 2000 Bluetooth receiver from a friend the other day and was wondering if I will even need it when I upgrade to the Tour. If GPS is unlocked I will be selling this GPS receiver ASAP since I currently don't have a BB so I think it is useless if I'm correct!
    Can't be sure, but everyone would assume so since it's unlocked on other BBs now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by merrell150
    So blackberry apps are available to either version of OS right? Not just the latest 5.0? I am not a blackberry user, but will be soon whenever this phone is released, so forgive my ignorance.
    Most (all?) apps run on 4.7 right now. I don't know if they will have to be re-written for 5.0, but I would assume they're still compatible.

Maybe somebody else with more knowledge about the new OS can chime in?

Device(s)
    9xxx
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortSxit
    Most (all?) apps run on 4.7 right now. I don't know if they will have to be re-written for 5.0, but I would assume they're still compatible.

Maybe somebody else with more knowledge about the new OS can chime in?
    Some applications will work, while others will not and will have to have their own version to be compatible with device software 5.0. For instance, when the 5.0 for the 9000 first leaked, Viigo would not work. Viigo put out an update that enabled it to work with OS 5.0.
    3rd Party Application Devs are in the process of getting their applications compatible with 5.0.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xplode
    It will likely show up on Canadian providers first, VZ will not see this device until mid to late July/August.
    Are you getting this info from insider sources or are they just your own opinions?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky317
    Are you getting this info from insider sources or are they just your own opinions?
    i have been told from a very reliable source that its highly likely to see this on Canadian carriers before VZW approves this device.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Feedback Score
    I own a DARE right now and love all its features and bells and whistles. But there is something about a BB that is just itching me to have one. Would any of you recommend the STORM? or should I wait for a BB with physical keys? I've tested out my co-worker's STORM and his is terribly slow. I guess I need reassurance. Thanks.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Another rumor of the Tour being announced at WES, from here. This mainly talks about the Apex (Pearl Flip), but mentions the Tour/Niagara:

Turns out the Blackberry Apex is rumored to be announced at the Wireless Enterprise Symposium in Orlando, FL next week alongside the Niagara.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    it should be announced at WES. the FCC approval should also show its head after the announcement.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Im definatly jumping on this when it comes out. Might have to up the contract with Verizon to
    Bold 9700. HTC Aria soon!

Device(s)
    Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm very intrigued by this new Blackberry. I'm ready to jump ship from my Voyager because I'm on my third one which is showing problems with the front screen yet again and I have no faith in finding one with good build quality. The keyboard is the only reason I haven't jumped to another model as it is. Anyway, the played around with the Curve and thought it was OK, but the keyboard was slightly too small for me. The Tour sounds like a good fit for me.

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    BB Pearl
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by quintin1524
    nice find, but wow that thread is filled with drama lol.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubby772
    nice find, but wow that thread is filled with drama lol.
    Agreed. People really need to relax and stop jumping to conclusions all the time.
    A slice of bread will always land peanut butter side down. If, by chance, you put peanut butter on both sides of the slice, it will float forever.

I'm an artist, see LOOK! Told you

Page 7 of 161 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 57 107 ... LastLast