Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Employee Rant

Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swidjaja531
    i hope you guys across the nation don't have to put up with this

metro employees in brooklyn ny are mandated to work 6 days/9 hours a day. come 2 hours early on fridays for "call conferences" and stay an hour late on saturdays to "boost sales". all with no overtime pay.

to add insult to injury, we get docked pay for any sick days despite being paid on a salary basis.

you know you're working for asshol*s when you get paid on the basis of your store reaching a profit goal, a goal completely made up by metropcs. whatever percentage of actual profit less to goal profit is doubled and subtracted from pay.

at the average profit per day so far, my coworkers and i are looking at a $600 loss in pay at the end of the month because of an exceedingly high store goal.
    Keep written documentation of your hours, especially if you can print out a time punch from the computers.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score

metro employees in brooklyn ny are mandated to work 6 days/9 hours a day. come 2 hours early on fridays for "call conferences" and stay an hour late on saturdays to "boost sales". all with no overtime pay.

to add insult to injury, we get docked pay for any sick days despite being paid on a salary basis.

you know you're working for asshol*s when you get paid on the basis of your store reaching a profit goal, a goal completely made up by metropcs. whatever percentage of actual profit less to goal profit is doubled and subtracted from pay.

at the average profit per day so far, my coworkers and i are looking at a $600 loss in pay at the end of the month because of an exceedingly high store goal.
    you might want to say something bro, forcing you to work overtime and not pay is illegal....unless everyone in the store is overtime exempt which means they dont have to pay you but i highly doubt it

all the employees here are hourly, i dont see why NY would be different

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjsweesy
    you might want to say something bro, forcing you to work overtime and not pay is illegal....unless everyone in the store is overtime exempt which means they dont have to pay you but i highly doubt it

all the employees here are hourly, i dont see why NY would be different
    i think that since you guys are hourly and we're salary, it creates differences in the overtime payment structure.

secondly, i did voice my opinion to my superiors yesterday, and today i'm sitting in my home reading the paper and browsing hofo. (i was fired)

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    no way you work for metro corp... that is totally screwed up and not legal.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

that is why i don't tolerate bs salary garbage. i will go on salary, but i won't be taken advantage of. i would have words for them, ha ha.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawad50
    no way you work for metro corp... that is totally screwed up and not legal.
    another problem there.. i worked for an authorized dealer. actually before my dismissal, i worked for 9 authorized dealers. i had a home store but was transferred to another, then i was used as the fill in. any one who called out or requested off, i had to fill in for.

not sure if metro corp was any better but while i was still employed, i seriously envied the mon-fri 9 to 5ers. always thinking that "those guys got it good"

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    another problem there.. i worked for an authorized dealer. actually before my dismissal, i worked for 9 authorized dealers. i had a home store but was transferred to another, then i was used as the fill in. any one who called out or requested off, i had to fill in for.

not sure if metro corp was any better but while i was still employed, i seriously envied the mon-fri 9 to 5ers. always thinking that "those guys got it good"
    no wonder..i thought you worked for corporate metro

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjsweesy
    no wonder..i thought you worked for corporate metro
    Yeah i didnt think so because labor laws are a *****... $100,000.00 fine per offense. Metro corp dont mess around with stuff like that.

FYI:

1) Even if your under "salary" you are required to make min wage with overtime
    example: Johnny works 9am-8pm, Mon-Sat, Lets say min wage is $7.00/hr. Johnny better be making $553/week or $2377.90/month or else the employer is in violation of labor laws. DOL has a field day with this shiz, all they need is one complaint to open a full investigation on the company.

2) Deduction out of "salary" is illegal without prior written consent of the employee. Now there are two sides to this. Salary is considered a "wage" just like hourly pay is. With "wages" you have to follow DOL rules and regulations. Now say you make your regular hourly and then some commission or bonuses. Commission and bonuses are not protected so your employer can deduct freely out of those for ANY reason that is not discriminatory.

3) Most states are a "at will" states, so your employment is at the will of the company. They can fire you for any reason they want.

Device(s)
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier(s)
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah i didnt think so because labor laws are a *****... $100,000.00 fine per offense. Metro corp dont mess around with stuff like that.

FYI:

1) Even if your under "salary" you are required to make min wage with overtime
    example: Johnny works 9am-8pm, Mon-Sat, Lets say min wage is $7.00/hr. Johnny better be making $553/week or $2377.90/month or else the employer is in violation of labor laws. DOL has a field day with this shiz, all they need is one complaint to open a full investigation on the company.

2) Deduction out of "salary" is illegal without prior written consent of the employee. Now there are two sides to this. Salary is considered a "wage" just like hourly pay is. With "wages" you have to follow DOL rules and regulations. Now say you make your regular hourly and then some commission or bonuses. Commission and bonuses are not protected so your employer can deduct freely out of those for ANY reason that is not discriminatory.

3) Most states are a "at will" states, so your employment is at the will of the company. They can fire you for any reason they want.

but if they give you a reason to be fired they have to back it up

Feedback Score

Metro PCS Corporate Store Background Checks

Does anyone know/remember the name of the company MetroPCS corporate stores uses to do its employment checks?

Feedback Score
    i think its

metabank

One Global Finance, Inc.
    PO Box 71402
    Salt Lake City, UT 84171
    Phone: (801) 383-1015

if not

Keith Terreri, 214-570-4641

Vice President

- Finance & Treasurer

or

Jim Mathias, 214-570-4641

Director - Investor

Relations

[email protected]

Feedback Score
    In Michigan security can detain someone until law enforcement arrives. I think this is what the op ment...

i use to work for Burn's Int'l and we had alot of restrictions but we could "arrest" (civil and private laws) it is a form of citizens arrest i have link with all info http://www.michigan.gov/mcoles/0,160...413---,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by above link
    Private Security Police Officers, also referred to as "Arrest Authority" Security Guards, have misdemeanor arrest authority while on active duty, on their employer's premises and in full uniform. One person, usually a security manager, is responsible for licensure and all of the employees that have the arrest authority must meet minimum requirements related to age, security or law enforcement experience and suitable background including absence of any felony conviction and specific misdemeanor convictions.

Feedback Score
    Does anybody have # to a master dealer for metro pcs here in florida i do about 100 lines with tmobile here but i also want metro pcs. Thank you
    or maybe a rep from metro pcs

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decwireless23
    Does anybody have # to a master dealer for metro pcs here in florida i do about 100 lines with tmobile here but i also want metro pcs. Thank you
    or maybe a rep from metro pcs
    http://www.metropcs.com/about/dealer.aspx

all the info you need is right there.

Feedback Score

Talking

if any of you guys have problems with metro customer service you can call gene sanford at 904-444-0402 day or night. he is a Account represenative for metro and can service all of your needs. he is a bit of an ******* though.And if he asks tell him you stumbled onto his number but please dont tell him where im trying to ensure that you as valued customers get the best customer service possible and he is best suited to serve you. if he doesnt answer then you can shoot him an email at [email protected]. but again u didnt get his number from me

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast