Thread: List of phones that allow tethering?

Feedback Score

List of phones that allow tethering?

Is there a master list that shows all the phones that allow tethering (be it with a usb cable or via bluetooth)? Even using the search feature, it's really hard to get current information. It seems many of the top results for my queries are all old threads.

I know that the Blackberries and Treos can tether with pdanet, but are there any standard phones with this feature? I just want something basic for voice calls and internet for my laptop. Every other feature is immaterial to me, except of course price.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro
    Sanyo MM-9000
    Samsung Alias
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Welcome, long-time member, first-time poster. I'm assuming you're wanting to know about powervision phones. Older Samsung models (M500, M510, M610) can tether if you go to a hidden menu and disable the NAI. The Sanyo MM-9000 was built without a NAI, so you can tether just using Sprint Mobile Broadband software. Blackberries require a program called Tetherberry. Windows Mobile and Palm PDAs can use PDAnet. There's also a registry hack you can do on Windows Mobile PDAs. And finally, there's a hack you can do to tether for free with the Samsung Rant.

There are probably other ways, but these are the ways that I know of.

Feedback Score
    company called Junefabrics that makes a program, PDANET i believe that will allow you to tether bb/palm os/windows and android too i believe.