Thread: So, on prepaid, what minutes roll over?

Feedback Score

So, on prepaid, what minutes roll over?

Looking at the $20/mth 200 anytime minutes, just curious if unused minutes roll over (I'm guessing not, that would be too good of a deal...).

Also in the too good to be true department... does Paycheck combine with the 10% auto top-up discount? So, say I pay $20/month by credit card, would paycheck deposit $5 to my account, as well as $2 for the auto top-up?

Any way I could use that $7 to pay for unlimited browsing, rather than having my credit card billed $27 each month and building credit for long distance and texts?

Mark

Phones
    LG Rumour
    HTC Touch Dual
    Sesame Street Elmo Phone
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately the minutes do not roll over. Only the money that you have left over could roll over (if topped up before expiration).

The paycheck and the 10% are two different promo's.
    Paycheck = Auto-Payment
    10% = Auto-Top up

Auto-Payment pays the full balance of your monthly PP plan set up
    Auto-Top up puts in (whatever amount you set) money when your account reaches either $10 or $5 (also you set that limit as well)

So unfortunately you wouldn't get both. But you can save up your paycheck bonus' to use it towards LD or txt, or could even save up enough and just call in and say to not to do an auto-payment for this month (and used your saved up balance to pay for that month) then call in afterwords and tell them to turn it back on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mwlcarter
    Looking at the $20/mth 200 anytime minutes, just curious if unused minutes roll over (I'm guessing not, that would be too good of a deal...).
    I was looking at Virgin's U.S. site the other day, and it was interesting. Overall, Canadian rates are similar. The U.S. plans are better in subtle ways, though. Whereas we can get 100 anytime/1000 evenings/500 incoming for $25/month, for $30/month in the U.S., you get 300 anytime/1000 evenings, unlimited text, and no roaming or long distance charges.

Text messaging packages are definitely cheaper in the U.S. We seem to have cheaper data rates with the $7/month unlimited, though.

For prepaid, though, the U.S. definitely has a better deal. First of all, their prepaid rates are simpler and make more sense: $20/200, $30/400, $50/1000. Secondly, they allow rollover of unused minutes up to a 5000 minutes maximum. For light/moderate users, you really can't beat rollover minutes.

Mark

Phones
    LG Rumour
    HTC Touch Dual
    Sesame Street Elmo Phone
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Yeah unfortunately for us, the US has higher mobile competitivity, so its not suprising to see that they are a few steps ahead of canadian mobility.

Phones
    HTC Dopod C730
    Pinapple PinPhone 3GS
    Nokia 6015i
    Carriers
    China Unicom
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Rates are much higher in Canada. Canadian users pay both roaming and long distnace, which are virtually unheard of in the US. In fact, it's sometimes cheaper to roam in Canada on a US phone (provided you have an international roaming plan) than it is to subscribe to local Canadian carriers.

Canada, in general, has a higher cost of living and a lower standard of living than the US. So it's really not out of the ordinary; they pay more and get less in nearly every facet of life.