Thread: XPERIA NOT TURNING ON? Red light on top when plugged into laptop.

Feedback Score

XPERIA NOT TURNING ON? Red light on top when plugged into laptop.

So when I plug in the usb charger into my laptop, it turns red. I recieved the phone with charge. and it was running out of batteries so I plugged it into my laptop to charge it. Now it won't turn on, even when it's plugged into my computer. The phone has a red light symbol where the power button is when it's plugged in. Help!?

Carrier
    Att
    Feedback Score
    Plug the xperia into a wall outlet (ac adapter-usb connector) until it gets a decent charge then you can use the pc to chrge sync etc. If the battery gets too low to a certain point, you need to use the wall outlet

Phones
    Nokia N97-3 White
    Nokia N96-1, SE Xperia X1i Black
    Sharp 920SH Silver / BLK
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score

same boat

I am getting the same problem with my X1i. I left it for 6 hours after my flight without any charge/batt life left. (it died on way here) and now when i try to charge the unit, either using official wall outlet or USB, the phone wont charge.

When the battery is OUT, the power light turns red, but when I plug the battery back in, the light turns off.

I am unable to boot up the unit ever since 2 days ago before I arrived back in TO. I initially thought it was a battery issue, so i bought a replacement battery but now the situation is the same, NOTHING is happening.

I have tried the, remove battery, and reinsert like 5-10 times trick but nope.. nuttin... i've done it with both batteries, while connected to the wall charger and without.

I've tried to soft reset trick, (hold volume down + power during boot) and it doesnt work either.

What DOES work though, is if i do a hard reset (pushing the reset button w/ stylus), it:

the X1 boots to post (3 color bars) -> then it loads SE screen -> then WinMo screen -> then pops msg, battery low -> then FREEZE...

any help would be much appreciated, especially since I only had this for 2 months, and I havent even done anything with it yet.

Occasionally, during removal of battery and reinsertion, it would vibrate for 1 second. So something is working, but if someone could shine some more light into this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    In regards to USB charging the battery. You will need to make sure the drivers for the phone have been installed in order for the charging to take place. If the battery is low, you will need to trickle charge the battery till the phone indicates charging. I'd recommend leaving it on the wall charger for at least 30 minutes. Then charge for another hour to bring it up to fully charged. Install the drivers/software that came with the phone and you should be ok with regards to the USB charging.

Good luck!

Phone
    Trapper Keeper Ultra Keeper Futura S 2000
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tama-Y
    I am getting the same problem with my X1i. I left it for 6 hours after my flight without any charge/batt life left. (it died on way here) and now when i try to charge the unit, either using official wall outlet or USB, the phone wont charge.

When the battery is OUT, the power light turns red, but when I plug the battery back in, the light turns off.

I am unable to boot up the unit ever since 2 days ago before I arrived back in TO. I initially thought it was a battery issue, so i bought a replacement battery but now the situation is the same, NOTHING is happening.

I have tried the, remove battery, and reinsert like 5-10 times trick but nope.. nuttin... i've done it with both batteries, while connected to the wall charger and without.

I've tried to soft reset trick, (hold volume down + power during boot) and it doesnt work either.

What DOES work though, is if i do a hard reset (pushing the reset button w/ stylus), it:

the X1 boots to post (3 color bars) -> then it loads SE screen -> then WinMo screen -> then pops msg, battery low -> then FREEZE...

any help would be much appreciated, especially since I only had this for 2 months, and I havent even done anything with it yet.

Occasionally, during removal of battery and reinsertion, it would vibrate for 1 second. So something is working, but if someone could shine some more light into this matter.

Thanks in advance.
    In the same position right now... sounds like these adhawk solutions work fr some and not for others