Phones
    Blackberry Storm
    Motorola Razr v9m
    Lg Env2
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

phone keeps losing signal

while on a call or just sitting on the table the phone will lose signal even after v6 upgrade and a *228 upgrade, sometimes i cant even send a text. when i had a blackberry i never had a problem with signal- nor with env or env2.

any advice??

Phones
    LG Dare
    LG enV
    Samsung a950
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think the V06 update did anything however there is the possibility that the PRL update done with the *228 update had an impact. It could have introduced a problem with tower selection or something like that. I would call Customer Support and have them open a network ticket and see what happens.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Lg Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I had a problem like that too and I went to the Verizon store and they told me it was because of them taking over "Cellular One" and it was messing with their towers. Dont know if that is what is messing yours up though.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

is it just one general location or all over? if its just 1 location its probably signal due to tower or foliage but if its all over it could be your phone or regional situation due to Alltel merger. its wreaking havoc in many areas including mine
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phone
    Treo 700p
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have been having problems like this all week. I'd have full signal, then no signal. Over and over again it would do this. Also MMS won't work. Right now, I have another Verizon phone, next to my phone (a Treo 700p) and my phone has no service, and the other phone has full service.

What's the deal?

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

my Dare and Omnia are fluctuating back and forth this weekend. the 1x is fine. its the evdo thats fluctuating.
    the Dare has always shown more bars but the Omnia locks on and holds dsta connections just as well even with the bars going up and down
    Last edited by MountainBikerMark; 10-04-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Phone
    Treo 700p
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I go from no service, to full service. Full service won't stay on long, it loses signal almost immediately. I am going to give verizon a call in few mins and post an update on what they say. most likely they will say I am boned and need to buy a new phone.. and offer me a great new upgrade deal for the low cost of $300! haha

Phone
    Treo 700p
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Talked to Verizon. They checked my signal and coverage.. they said it was fine. My phone is most likely done for. He was talking something about a bad radio.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted ( Samsung Omnia: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

well it may be the phone. i dropped my old 8600 one too many times and it never held a decent call after that but it may have been coincidence..
    have you tried removing the battery while the phone is on? tried moving to another area from your usual main calling area? if it gets better when you move to another cell its not your phone and call back .towers need tweaks sometimes . my whole area has been whacking out from time to time since Jan and i read of an outage in the north yesterday
    i write this to say it may be your phone but it also may not be

Phone
    Treo 700p
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Other phones have great signal, just not mine.