Phones
    Iphone 3Gs
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 2g
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

My headphones work, but speaker does not

Well i have had this problem before, but it was on 1.1.4. I havent had any problems with this since. But for some reason its doing it again.

I can plug my headphones in and every sound works. Ipod, txt, ringer, clicks everything. But when i unplug them i have no sounds at all.

And the ipod part is running amuck. When i plug the headphones it it starts playing automaticly. And sometimes when i unplug them it starts playing. But still no sound.

I tired searching, but i kept getting an error from the search. Dont know if its a bug or not, but i need to fix this as soon as possible.

Phones
    Iphone 3Gs
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 2g
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    yea when i use howards search i get this error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17 bytes) in /var/www/forums/search.php on line 843

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    i got this when i had a lot of dust in the headphone port. The phone always thought headphones where connected. A shot of compressed air fixed it.

Phones
    Iphone 3Gs
    Iphone 3g
    Iphone 2g
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    i tried that. and tried putting the headphones back in and out. still nothing

and i have tried several restarts.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    If you play something in iPod and then insert/remove your headphones, do you see the volume slider move at all? If you do, then iPhone recognizes the plug/unplug event and adjusts itself accordingly. If you don't see the slider moving then iPhone doesn't register the plug/unplug event. In the first case, your speaker amp or the speaker itself may be defective. In the second case, as others have mentioned, there may be dirt or other foreign objects lodged inside the headphone jack.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phones
    IPHONE 3G
    Motorola
    Sony
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    not trying to be funny but is the vibe switch on?
    Forca Portugal!!
    MY_FEEDBACK

Phones
    LG Dare
    iPhone
    W385
    Carrier
    Verizon Wiress
    Feedback Score

Question

I am having the same problem. Its strange, when I plug in the headphones I can hear the audio through the headphones. When I unplug the headphones, it doesn't show the phone switching to speaker, but the movie pauses?

I don't have any compressed air at the moment, but when I blow really hard into the headphone jack it fixes the problem temporarily. Then it switches back to headphones after awhile (with nothing plugged into the phone).

Any ideas? I am thinking about buying a new headphone jack and wiring off ebay and seeing if that fixes it..

Phones
    LG Dare
    iPhone
    W385
    Carrier
    Verizon Wiress
    Feedback Score
    ok i tried plugging in and taking out my headphones like 5 times..seems to be working for now.

Phone
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I was having a somewhat similar issue with my headphone jack. When I plugged in headphones it would randomly start and stop playing. I dealt with it for a while, but recently took it in to apple and they tried a bunch of things including compressed air and still couldn't get it to work so they swapped it out. All seems to be working now with the replacement.