Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $3 a day UNLIMITED talk Att Gophone to officially launch Nationwide May 11

Feedback Score

$3 a day UNLIMITED talk Att Gophone to officially launch Nationwide May 11

Sorry to post a new thread, but wanted to get the word out in the title.
    It's official. May 11. Nationwide distribution on Unlimited $3 a day talk on Att Gophone. Details below.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...5022584&EDATE=

Device(s)
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Monthly
    Feedback Score
    "AT&T GoPhone packages, which include a new device plus $15 airtime credit, are available in all AT&T stores, as well as other retail locations."

A $15 credit? Last time I knew, they didn't come with anything, but you got a $10 "bonus" if you added $25 within a week of activation.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    They must be going back to their old ways. When I first signed up with GoPhone some years ago they loaded $15 on a newly purchased phone.

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper
    "AT&T GoPhone packages, which include a new device plus $15 airtime credit...."
    Oh boy here we go again. Scam me once, scam me twice. Wonder how long it will take them to turn what they claim is $15 credit into $0 credit? I have not seen one yet featuring this. Has anyone?
    Prepaid Rocks!

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How much for data? Verizon just said they were lowering EVDO costs as they move to LTE.

AT&T to Introduce GoPhone Three-Dollar per Day Unlimited Calling Option May 11

New Pay As You Go Feature Adds Flexibility to Get Unlimited Calling While Paying Only on Days Used

Dallas, Texas, May 8, 2009

AT&T* today announced a new prepaid calling option will be available beginning May 11 that offers unlimited nationwide calling for just three dollars per day. AT&T GoPhone customers will enjoy the flexibility of unlimited calling with charges only applying on days when they make or receive voice calls.

The new AT&T GoPhone plan includes no roaming or long distance fees on the company’s national wireless network, making it a convenient and affordable option for customers who prefer a “Pay As You Go” package. Customers on the new GoPhone Unlimited Calling plan will also be able to use text messaging and data service at the same pay per use rates as all other GoPhone Pay As You Go plans, or customers can add messaging or data packages. Refills are sold at more than 200,000 locations across the U.S.

For customers who primarily call other AT&T mobile subscribers, AT&T also offers an Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile plan, which provides unlimited calling to and from all 78 million AT&T wireless customers, and $0.10 for all other calls, for $1 a day.

“Prepaid customers are looking for more flexible options, and this new GoPhone offer bridges the gap between paying as you go and the need for unlimited calling,” said Judy Cavalieri, vice president of Prepaid Products for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “Customers see value in an unlimited prepaid service that lets them pay only for the days they use and operates on a network they can trust, and GoPhone serves both needs.”

AT&T GoPhone packages, which include a new device plus $15 airtime credit, are available in all AT&T stores, as well as other retail locations. Current GoPhone customers will be able to switch to the unlimited calling plan by calling 611 from their handset, or 800-901-9878 from a landline phone. Feature packages such as unlimited text messaging for $19.99 can be added by choosing the option 'Buy Features.' More information will be available at www.att.com/gophone.

AT&T also offers “Pick Your Plan” options which allow users to pay in advance for a monthly rate plan, without a contract, credit check or deposit. Both GoPhone offers include Rollover Balance®, which lets customers carry over their unused account balances when they refill before their balances expire, up to the account maximum
    http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...rticleid=26802

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tszefr
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sweeper
    "AT&T GoPhone packages, which include a new device plus $15 airtime credit...."
    Oh boy here we go again. Scam me once, scam me twice. Wonder how long it will take them to turn what they claim is $15 credit into $0 credit? I have not seen one yet featuring this. Has anyone?
    I haven't seen such a thing anywhere and I would be surprised if it's true. Whoever wrote that must have confused the current $10 bonus after $25 refill with the current $15 smallest regular refill. There is no reason for them to give a $15 up front credit with every GoPhone. I still have a nice collection of booklets with unused $10 activation PINs as a reminder of what can happen.

And the correct saying is: "Scam me one, shame on you, Scam me twice, I can't get scammed again!" or something like that.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 15 years!

Device(s)
    White 32 gig 3Gs
    Carrier(s)
    at&t. Only provider for 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tszefr

I can't tell you how many of those damned $10 PIN cards I've credited due to an error....

ugh

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA
    How much for data? Verizon just said they were lowering EVDO costs as they move to LTE.

http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pi...rticleid=26802
    Same "great" deals we get today: $10/1Mb (PPU) or $5/1Mb and $20/100Mb packages. You won't find such a deals anywhere else, I promise.

Device(s)
    Wing - lost :-(
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    prepaid rep here...the activation bonus is changing again for whatever reason...its just gonna cause more problems imo...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pimppoet
    prepaid rep here...the activation bonus is changing again for whatever reason...its just gonna cause more problems imo...
    Do you know what form those $15 will come in? A bonus after a refill within X days (like the current one)? An automatic credit in the account just for activation? A $15 PIN like the old $10 activation PINs (Uh-oh)? Any idea?

I'd rather have the old Loyalty Bonuses restored to $20....unless it's a $15 PIN I can use at anytime.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho
    Do you know what form those $15 will come in? A bonus after a refill within X days (like the current one)? An automatic credit in the account just for activation? A $15 PIN like the old $10 activation PINs (Uh-oh)? Any idea?

I'd rather have the old Loyalty Bonuses restored to $20....unless it's a $15 PIN I can use at anytime.
    Does this help?

Samsung's a177 is a prepaid texter for AT&T

As you may have gathered from the ultra-low model number, the Samsung a177's coming in as a bargain-basement GoPhone device -- but seeing how carriers are trying to attack every single market segment with messaging capabilities, they've still managed to pack in a full QWERTY keyboard. Conveniently, the device's FCC filing just came off confidentiality, so we have access to all the goods; we know that it'll be EDGE-only, have a camera (likely VGA if we had to guess), and a patterned back, because let's be honest -- a phone is never too cheap to be stylish. We imagine we'll see this one in stores very shortly.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-...eed&subj=Crave

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    that's dope
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Device(s)
    Nokia E75 - Red
    Carrier(s)
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho
    Same "great" deals we get today: $10/1Mb (PPU) or $5/1Mb and $20/100Mb packages. You won't find such a deals anywhere else, I promise.
    Great deals ??? hardly .... I don't think you were around when they had unlimited MB for $ 20.00 .

Feedback Score
    Looks like it's price point is a penny south of $80. http://www.att-phones.org/att-samsun...-for-7999.html
    The $15 free airtime promo on the bubble pack doesn't hurt it at all .
    Looks like it's a full on non smartphone , Att's gsm answer to Verizon's Blitz. Okay looking, competitively priced with a nice modern configuration hiding it's reliance on older technology. Strictly 2g methinks. Too bad it's not quad or even triband , would love to have an unlocked world version of it...

Miss the unlimited Att prepaid data for 20 smackers. If that was still around, combined with the $3 a day unlimited talk and unlimited messaging plan ... oh well... The LEAST they could do is get rid of that ridiculous $5 a meg ripoff "plan" and replace it with more reasonable tiered plans like Virgin mobile's 5, 20 and 50 meg packs. 1 or 100 megs? You know that was priced that way to force moderate users to pick the 100 meg plan. Talk about NO middle ground. Don't even get me started on their per daily rate by the kilobyte for non plan data use...Of course VM forces users to finish the meg within a day, at least Att allows you a month period to use up every meg without that 24 hour use clause that VM has...grrrr....wifi should be standard on every phone. J/k.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient warrior
    Great deals ??? hardly .... I don't think you were around when they had unlimited MB for $ 20.00 .
    That's why I used quotes. Your sarcasm-meter must be broken. hehe. I meant the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by gestaltent
    Looks like it's price point is a penny south of $80. http://www.att-phones.org/att-samsun...-for-7999.html
    The $15 free airtime promo on the bubble pack doesn't hurt it at all .
    Looks like it's a full on non smartphone , Att's gsm answer to Verizon's Blitz. Okay looking, competitively priced with a nice modern configuration hiding it's reliance on older technology. Strictly 2g methinks. Too bad it's not quad or even triband , would love to have an unlocked world version of it...

Miss the unlimited Att prepaid data for 20 smackers. If that was still around, combined with the $3 a day unlimited talk and unlimited messaging plan ... oh well... The LEAST they could do is get rid of that ridiculous $5 a meg ripoff "plan" and replace it with more reasonable tiered plans like Virgin mobile's 5, 20 and 50 meg packs. 1 or 100 megs? You know that was priced that way to force moderate users to pick the 100 meg plan. Talk about NO middle ground. Don't even get me started on their per daily rate by the kilobyte for non plan data use...Of course VM forces users to finish the meg within a day, at least Att allows you a month period to use up every meg without that 24 hour use clause that VM has...grrrr....wifi should be standard on every phone. J/k.
    You are right. Light/moderate wap users are screwed. Those who use just say 10Mb/month or so will have pay $20 first and then $5 every month otherwise it gets too expensive with the $5/1mb "package" alone.

I'm really curious about how those $15 credit will come.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast