Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $3 a day UNLIMITED talk Att Gophone to officially launch Nationwide May 11

Device(s)
    Android/Linux
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gestaltent
    I think it's funny how you can take a simple basic term like "unlimited plan" and spin it into a ton of different ways.

Cases in point: Boost Unlimited $1.67/day Unlimited talk/text/web/walkie talkie .
    Metro /Cricket: 45/30 = $1.5/day
    Virgin Mobile :$1.67/day for unlimited talk only.
    Page Plus: 1.99-2.49 a day for unlimited talk only. But you are automatically deducted ...
    Net 10: Unlimited Talk/text $2.67 a day (waiting for price drop)

Verizon Inpulse: Unlimited talk . 3.99 a day. But only on days used.
    Att: Unlimited talk:$3 a day only on days used.

You should normalize the charges based on a per day cost + whether purchase is required each day. Whether you are deducted $/day or only on the days you use it can drive down the costs or raise them.

Boost-- $50-- 24/30 days of use
    1.67*24=$40 service only used
    $10/24=$0.42 lost

$2.09/day for using 24/30 days.

Of course I agree with the trade offs between services and most of the unlimited plans are geared towards everyday use. However, you need to use the phone everyday to maximize the value.

Feedback Score
    Appreciate the obvious effort that went into the calculations. With all due respect, normalization /per day or other variable costs is somewhat irrelevant if the plan doesn't give the option in practice.

Theoretical options not yet offered can blur the issue a bit. Cricket Pay Go is an example I would choose because it is a real world example what is actually being offered. $1 a day unlimited talk on days used only. Att doesn't have a monthly unlimited prepaid plan and Boost , the example cited with the calculations doesn't have a per diem option.At least,not at this time.

The examples made are interesting and bring up a valid point but , one that somewhat hedges the fact that they don't reflect current real world offerings.

With the ferocity of the current price war, one never knows though. Perhaps in the very near future , some of the offshoots you brought up or ones very much like it may well be offered up . Might make sense in a wild west market like this.

And if so, again, the customer will win. Nothing wrong with that.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I just signed up for this plan. Was on Boost for the $1 a day but they charge daily and I do not use my phone daily, there could be 3 or 4 days I do not use the phone. The only draw back is the people I call on Boost is usually either Sprint or Nextel so its M2M for both of us. We will see how it goes.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steveh552
    I just signed up for this plan. Was on Boost for the $1 a day but they charge daily and I do not use my phone daily, there could be 3 or 4 days I do not use the phone. The only draw back is the people I call on Boost is usually either Sprint or Nextel so its M2M for both of us. We will see how it goes.
    Thanks, I'm the opposite though, I have Sprint as my main line and didn't know Boost, Nextel, and Sprint share m2m!

So, now shopping for a Sprint MiFi router for me. And a new GSM Nokia with WIFI.

Device(s)
    Iphone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA
    Thanks, I'm the opposite though, I have Sprint as my main line and didn't know Boost, Nextel, and Sprint share m2m!

So, now shopping for a Sprint MiFi router for me. And a new GSM Nokia with WIFI.
    Yes, Boost is M2M with Sprint and Nextel.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Verizon comes back:

Talk n Text

$39.95 Talk n Text

The Talk n Text monthly plan offers a more affordable alternative to other providers’ unlimited plans. Every month you get 1,500 voice minutes, plus 1,500 text messages, for only $39.95. If you’re a heavy user who’s paying more than $39.95, yet using less than 1,500 voice minutes and 1,500 text messages per month, then the Talk n Text plan is right for you.
    more
    http://www.pagepluscellular.com/Onli...xt%20Card.aspx

Device(s)
    Iphone 3GS, Nokia E71, Nokia N900
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I read through this thread and I didn't see anyone say anything about this so here goes. I know there were a lot of people fed up with the service message that popped up your balance and that the transaction cost $0.00 with every move you made on your phone, IE: text, call, or data even if you were signed up for a package and it didn't use any of your balance. So far after switching to the $3/unlimited plan I have yet to receive a single service message for a call, text, or data usage (I have a text and data plan) that's worth the extra cost IMO it drove me CRAZY prior to that on the previous PAYG and PYP plans

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CA
    What does this have to do with Verizon? Page Plus Cellular is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator using the Verizon and other CDMA carriers' networks.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jairzinho
    I haven't seen such a thing anywhere and I would be surprised if it's true. Whoever wrote that must have confused the current $10 bonus after $25 refill with the current $15 smallest regular refill. There is no reason for them to give a $15 up front credit with every GoPhone. I still have a nice collection of booklets with unused $10 activation PINs as a reminder of what can happen.

And the correct saying is: "Scam me one, shame on you, Scam me twice, I can't get scammed again!" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 99slobra
    I can't tell you how many of those damned $10 PIN cards I've credited due to an error....

ugh
    Those kits are only valid for so many days after the purchase IIRC? Like 29 days or something....?
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S, Moto e, Lumia 635
    Carrier(s)
    GoPhoneX4, P+X2, TMo2Go, TracfoneX2, R+, AV, Ting
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Those kits are only valid for so many days after the purchase IIRC? Like 29 days or something....?
    When at&t still had enough decency to honor its commitment of providing $10 credit with those activation PINs, they didn't gave any term to use them. I used some kits even months after purchase. I'd pick any from my stock and use it to activate an account if I wanted. I still have plenty of them collecting dust in some drawer and as a reminder of at&t's ways.

What would expire after 29 days or so I think is the preactivated sim if you didn't add any funds to your account.
    Current:Former:
    Hi, my name is Jairzinho and I've been Wireless Contract-free for 15 years!

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    I still have 2 or 3 of them myself. Tried to use one months ago and they told me I would need to buy airtime right away... I am sure with some complaining I might get a free $10 or whatever, but I dont really need it.

When is the last time someone used one and got some free starter airtime?

Device(s)
    W376g
    Feedback Score
    I have some questions about the $3 a day plan. I searched around but didn't see anything specific on these. I apologize ahead of time for all the questions but I like to make sure I have all the info before I make a purchase and they really don't get in to detail on the AT&T site about these things.

If you have the phone on or off and someone calls you but you don't answer and they go to voicemail does that automatically trigger the $3 charge for that day? Does retrieving voicemail trigger it?

If I have an optional text plan does receiving text messages trigger the $3 charge for that day even though it's not voice? If so at what point, is it when you receive it or when you read it? Some days I don't talk all day and I just text so I'd rather not be charged for voice if I'm not actually using it and I'm paying extra for the text already.

On the $3 a day plan is this only for m2m calls or can you call landlines also in this unlimited plan without incurring any extra charges? If it is only m2m is it only phones on their networks or is it any mobile companies phones?

This question is a little bit off topic so I apologize for it. I could not find anything in the description of AT&T's prepaid phones that say they come with a charger when you buy them. I assume they do but I'm kind of leery cause their purchase process takes you to the purchase accessories page and on the accessories page is the travel charger which is usually included with a phone purchase. Do the prepaids come with one from AT&T?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LJIII
    I have some questions about the $3 a day plan. I searched around but didn't see anything specific on these. I apologize ahead of time for all the questions but I like to make sure I have all the info before I make a purchase and they really don't get in to detail on the AT&T site about these things.

If you have the phone on or off and someone calls you but you don't answer and they go to voicemail does that automatically trigger the $3 charge for that day? Does retrieving voicemail trigger it?

If I have an optional text plan does receiving text messages trigger the $3 charge for that day even though it's not voice? If so at what point, is it when you receive it or when you read it? Some days I don't talk all day and I just text so I'd rather not be charged for voice if I'm not actually using it and I'm paying extra for the text already.

On the $3 a day plan is this only for m2m calls or can you call landlines also in this unlimited plan without incurring any extra charges? If it is only m2m is it only phones on their networks or is it any mobile companies phones?

This question is a little bit off topic so I apologize for it. I could not find anything in the description of AT&T's prepaid phones that say they come with a charger when you buy them. I assume they do but I'm kind of leery cause their purchase process takes you to the purchase accessories page and on the accessories page is the travel charger which is usually included with a phone purchase. Do the prepaids come with one from AT&T?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Only voice charges the $3/day usage. SMS, MMS, and data are just per unit charges or come out of a bucket if you buy one.
    It's $1/day for unlimited M2M only ($0.10/min for all other calls). The $3/day plan covers all domestic calls.

Device(s)
    W376g
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925
    Only voice charges the $3/day usage. SMS, MMS, and data are just per unit charges or come out of a bucket if you buy one.
    It's $1/day for unlimited M2M only ($0.10/min for all other calls). The $3/day plan covers all domestic calls.
    Wow thanks for the quick reply.

I was curious if you might know the answer to the other questions I asked by chance?

If you have the phone on or off and someone calls you but you don't answer and they go to voicemail does that automatically trigger the $3 charge for that day?

Does retrieving voicemail trigger it?

I could not find anything in the description of AT&T's prepaid phones that say they come with a charger when you buy them. I assume they do but I'm kind of leery cause their purchase process takes you to the purchase accessories page and on the accessories page is the travel charger which is usually included with a phone purchase. Do the prepaids come with one from AT&T?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LJIII
    Wow thanks for the quick reply.

I was curious if you might know the answer to the other questions I asked by chance?
    You have to either answer a call or make a call to trigger the access fee. Depending upon how your phone model works, pressing Ignore while the phone is ringing might trigger the charge. Some phones silently answer the call and then forward it to voicemail. That is the same as talking to the person. Other phones simple send a busy signal. There would be no charge for that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast