Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: $3 a day UNLIMITED talk Att Gophone to officially launch Nationwide May 11

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LJIII
    Wow thanks for the quick reply.

I was curious if you might know the answer to the other questions I asked by chance?
    Conditional call forwarding should not trigger it. However, I believe retrieving voicemail does. The sad thing is that I have a SIM with the $1/day M2M plan and I don't use it enough to know.

Device(s)
    W376g
    Feedback Score
    Great thank you for the replies.

Carrier(s)
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Only if you dial the voicemail using your phone, if you call from another phone it should not trigger the charge.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Extraordinary
    Only if you dial the voicemail using your phone, if you call from another phone it should not trigger the charge.
    Good point.

Feedback Score
    I just made one call, let it ring once , then disconnected, and it triggered the $3.00 for that day.

Device(s)
    LG G2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kingc
    I just made one call, let it ring once , then disconnected, and it triggered the $3.00 for that day.
    You used the network, that's probably why.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

New AT&T Unlimited Plan?

http://mobilewiseguy.com/2009/08/01/...-with-att.aspx

At&t is offering an unlimited prepaid plan for $60 a month. This plan will also give unlimited text after 2 days on the plan.
    The details are still vague to me but what I can gather so far is that you must activate your cell phone on the 25 cents flat rate prepaid offer and then you can change it to the $60 a month unlimited nationwide talk. Then after 2 days being on the $60 unlimited prepaid plan, unlimited messaging would be added at no extra cost. Within the 2 days waiting for the unlimited messaging to be activated any text would be charged 20 cents pay per use and 25 cents pay per use for picture messaging.

Device(s)
    Wing - lost :-(
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless25
    http://mobilewiseguy.com/2009/08/01/...-with-att.aspx

At&t is offering an unlimited prepaid plan for $60 a month. This plan will also give unlimited text after 2 days on the plan.
    The details are still vague to me but what I can gather so far is that you must activate your cell phone on the 25 cents flat rate prepaid offer and then you can change it to the $60 a month unlimited nationwide talk. Then after 2 days being on the $60 unlimited prepaid plan, unlimited messaging would be added at no extra cost. Within the 2 days waiting for the unlimited messaging to be activated any text would be charged 20 cents pay per use and 25 cents pay per use for picture messaging.

The free text package is only avaible in select markets as of now.

Feedback Score

Welllll...it happened before. ...

The $3 unlimited daily plan was seen in the South Florida market befoe it went nationwide a month later. They would have to streamline the signup process to get people interested.Most people aren't gonna be willing to jump through all these inconvenient and frankly stupid hoops for a barely adequate ly price service. I really don't see the point of such a high price point. I mean the Gophone network sucks rocks compared to Real Att and the Verizon mvno offerings from Straight Talk and Page Plus offer unlimited talk/text and some web for 15-20 bucks less.

And the Page Plus one you can use any Verizon phone.

Will they allow the iphone on this plan if it becomes national? I highly doubt it.
    The good thing about this anemic offering is that it may at last give Gsm phone owners SOMETHING in the unlimited prepaid plan arena ,even if it is mere scraps compared to what else is out there on cdma.

It gets a weak thumbs up because it makes it on the 'better then nothing " principle.

I only hope this forces Tmobile to react. This would be the first major prepaid flatrate unlimited plan with a true Big 4 carrier 's name firmly branded on the side as well as the first gsm one. I am wondering if this will rattle Verizon any. I kind of doubt it as, they have their mvnos doing all the dirty work . Hopefully, this will finally stir the US gsm market a little. Maybe Att will give better rates to its mvnos too.

Here's hoping. Att can't hold onto the iphone forever and prepaid is one of the few growth areas left. Drop the price to $50 throw in a little data, even 30 megs and you'll have a much more better offering then $60 only for talk/text.

And ATT, if you do offer it, make it easy to sign up for it , okay? Customers HATE hoops. If Boost cdma didn't have so many, there'd be tons more users there.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    Feedback Score
    Pimppoet, is this unlimited talk+text plan a PYP setup or a PAYG setup? The article isn't entirely clear on this.
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Wing - lost :-(
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave
    Pimppoet, is this unlimited talk+text plan a PYP setup or a PAYG setup? The article isn't entirely clear on this.
    the $60 "unlimited talk" is only avaible for the $0.25 flat paygo rate plan. The unlimited text package a is only added bonus in select markets as of now.

Ville Platte, LA(I guess what Americans call the gulf coast)
    Device(s)
    HTC EVO(bloody crapping on the iPhone) 4g Rocks Mate!!
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint(Super Service)
    Feedback Score
    i think this is such a rip-off. i mean $3 and day times 30 days in a month is $90 which is more than my contract phone bill

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjr586 View Post
    i think this is such a rip-off. i mean $3 and day times 30 days in a month is $90 which is more than my contract phone bill
    If you look at it that way, it is, but for someone that uses this line for emergencies or when out of coverage from another company, it's perfect. I use mine like that, so I have double coverage while traveling.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers when in Canada
    Feedback Score
    one of the biggest rips-offs imo. i mean if you talk everyday at $3 a day dats 90-100 a month. more expensive than my plan

Device(s)
    HTC TILT, 8525, BJI, BJII, SE w580i, w760a, z750a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by leekbikpop View Post
    one of the biggest rips-offs imo. i mean if you talk everyday at $3 a day dats 90-100 a month. more expensive than my plan
    Its all about usage patterns.
    iPhone 4 on AT&T:

http://www.xti9.com/v3xx[/FONT][/SIZE]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast