Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: LG Chocolate 3 VX856V07 firmware version 7 thread

Device(s)
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless d/b/a Cellco Partnership
    Feedback Score

LG Chocolate 3 VX856V07 firmware version 7 thread

Just an FYI software version VX856V07 is now available at all corporate stores... Change log coming soon...

Here is everything you need:
    http://home.comcast.net/~fauguy/chocolate3/VX8560.zip
    -FAUguy
    Last edited by FAUguy; 05-10-2009 at 02:16 AM.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I know where I am going today. LOL, thanks for the post!!! I'm not sure what the OTA update on my phone is for since it never works and why did they skip version 6 of the software?

Quote Originally Posted by hbkh
    Just an FYI software version VX856V07 is now available at all corporate stores... Change log coming soon...

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Now we just need someone to post the upgrade files here so people can flash their phones at home.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thread split and stuck.

I was able to find the file on another site we're not allowed to mention and flashed a demo Chocolate 3 unit I currently have.
    I've looked through the phone and don't see any noticeable changes, such as new themes, etc.
    My guess is the changes are hidden, such as bug fixes.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    One thing I noticed which I hate it the limitation of 32 numbers for a phone number in the contact list. For example, I dial into my bank, add a few pauses, a few more digits then a few number, a few more pauses then a few more digits. Under version 5, this worked fine, but under version 7 I got an error saying "Warning! You have entered number longer than 32" which is very lame.

I also didn't notice the caller id picture being bigger, nor did I notice any improvement in the bluetooth. I wish I had the firmware for version 4, I would downgrade immediately. For me, version 4 seemed the best with the least amount of problems.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScruffyGuy
    One thing I noticed which I hate it the limitation of 32 numbers for a phone number in the contact list. For example, I dial into my bank, add a few pauses, a few more digits then a few number, a few more pauses then a few more digits. Under version 5, this worked fine, but under version 7 I got an error saying "Warning! You have entered number longer than 32" which is very lame.

I also didn't notice the caller id picture being bigger, nor did I notice any improvement in the bluetooth. I wish I had the firmware for version 4, I would downgrade immediately. For me, version 4 seemed the best with the least amount of problems.
    This is known and may be extended to 48 in a future update...

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It may be known, but wasn't a problem in version 5 of the software, why make the change and suddenly limit it in version 7? It doesn't make sense.

This is known and may be extended to 48 in a future update...

Device(s)
    Moto Droid (Me)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It may be known, but wasn't a problem in version 5 of the software, why make the change and suddenly limit it in version 7? It doesn't make sense.
    Oops I made a mistake (I'm human)... This device should accept curerntly 48 with 07... I checked and could get it to take 48 without an issue.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm only getting 32 max and I get the error message that pops up. Can anyone else verify the 32 max? Before version 7 I probably could get 48 (or at least I knew I could get 35).

Oops I made a mistake (I'm human)... This device should accept curerntly 48 with 07... I checked and could get it to take 48 without an issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm only getting 32 max and I get the error message that pops up. Can anyone else verify the 32 max? Before version 7 I probably could get 48 (or at least I knew I could get 35).
    I am getting 48 numbers with v07.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Darn, the most I get is 32 then the error message. Perhaps I need a reflash. Other than this, has anyone noticed any other changes?

Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    I am getting 48 numbers with v07.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss this here, but what program would one use to flash their phone?

I think I know, but I'm not sure - the one I'm thinking it is has "Download" in the name.

Edit: Nevermind, just had to download the file from FAUguy and read the readme! I thought it was just the firmware files. Thanks FAUguy! I'll try it when I get access to my PC again (on my Macbook at the moment).
    Last edited by Rizon; 05-10-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    -Rizon

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't know if you could do this with the older firmware, but now you can change the external display's menu color between black and blue, regardless of which color Chocolate 3 you have.
    Dial ##LGSERVICEMENU (send) 000000
    Then scroll all the way down to the bottom. You'll see the selection there.

Device(s)
    LG VX8560
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes I have version 5 and can change the colors.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast