Thread: is tethering legal?

Feedback Score

is tethering legal?

I know there is a lot of discussion about it and some phones work other not,etc
    My question is it illegal and even if a phone will work your risk to have your account terminated because of it ? I am planning to use tethering while on the go with the laptop a few times a month not always....

thanks

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't know for certain. However, I would believe that if you tether, you could lose your account because using the phone as a modem sucks a ton of bandwidth.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 with KitKat 4.4.2
    I charge forward recklessly, leaving chaos in my wake.
    Boycott phones that lack microSD storage and removable batteries! Do not allow the user experience to be diminished!
    @moonwolf789

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    As far as I know it is legal. I pay for Mobile Web, and my phone allows me to connect it to the computer for Internet. It works... I pay for it... I think it is legal.

If I remember right, some companies such as Sprint actually have plans FOR tethering. It costs extra for them, but they have a plan just for it.

So I think it is legal and I don't think MetroPCS really minds us using it. If we use it 24/7 for heavy downloading I could understand them saying something. If we use it for normal use, just basic websites, I don't think you'll have any problems.

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i wouldn't worry about it. i do it all the time. metropcs has no limits of usage. you can use the web all day, 24/7 and you won't get in trouble.
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.