Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    BlackBerry
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Leaving Boost Mobile (4 Lines)

First of all, this is affecting all four lines my family and I have... all numbers are based in 864 area code - but the phones are in Greenville and Charleston, SC.

Here are the problems we constantly have, from worst to lease worst.

1. Callers occasionally hear fast busy signals when calling us. THIS IS THE WORST PROBLEM. We don't know when people may be trying to reach us.
    2. Calls are dropped constantly, generally between the 8 and 15 minute mark. Although they can last 40+ minutes, during peak times you cannot talk for more than 15-20 mins EVER. This is 4:30 - 6:30 PM hour.
    3. When you try to make a call, the phone says "SYSTEM BUSY - RETRY"
    4. You make a call and it connects, but instead of your wife, it's a recording that says, "The number or code you've dialed cannot be dialed."

Text messages are sketchy but improving. But my calls need to work. Seriously.

Carrier
    Page Plus (Love it)
    Feedback Score
    The busy signal would be them calling you while you're on the phone. As far as I know, Boost doesn't have call waiting still.

Phone
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc8svs
    The busy signal would be them calling you while you're on the phone. As far as I know, Boost doesn't have call waiting still.
    I have call wait in my loc, so I doubt this isn't available to everyone.

I have gotten a fast signal before, using boost and us cellular postpaid. I doubt its anything more than intermittent issues with calls, not permanent network issues.

"All your bandwith are belong to us."

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kc8svs
    They do. It works well actually, even better than other carriers call waiting.

Boost will let you know if a call is coming in even if you just made a call and its still ringing. Other carriers dont always do that.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnick
    First of all, this is affecting all four lines my family and I have... all numbers are based in 864 area code - but the phones are in Greenville and Charleston, SC.

Here are the problems we constantly have, from worst to lease worst.

1. Callers occasionally hear fast busy signals when calling us. THIS IS THE WORST PROBLEM. We don't know when people may be trying to reach us.
    2. Calls are dropped constantly, generally between the 8 and 15 minute mark. Although they can last 40+ minutes, during peak times you cannot talk for more than 15-20 mins EVER. This is 4:30 - 6:30 PM hour.
    3. When you try to make a call, the phone says "SYSTEM BUSY - RETRY"
    4. You make a call and it connects, but instead of your wife, it's a recording that says, "The number or code you've dialed cannot be dialed."

Text messages are sketchy but improving. But my calls need to work. Seriously.
    The system busy error is caused by just that, the system is busy. That's what happens when Boost oversells their network, and gets stuck with too many customers, which can happen.

I'd be willing to bet you hear that error during peak hours?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanBounca
    I'd be willing to bet you hear that error during peak hours?
    I'd be willing to bet you went from post-paid to Boost when you heard about the $50 unlimited plan. Guess what? So did 1 million other people. And they are all now having the same problems you are.

Its a great plan but you need to either give it time as Boost improves their capacity(which they have been doing and making progress) or switch to another carrier, preferable post-paid. Sounds to me like you want your cell phone service to never ever have a dropped call and have callers always get through as well as have great coverage and great customer service. No cell provider is perfect so you will never get that. Ofcourse I hear Verizon is quite close with all those salesman and technicians and people in the helicopters following you around everywhere. LOL

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    BlackBerry
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When I don't want to drop calls, I use my landline. But I will say, Boost has completely redeemed themselves. My calls are more reliable now than ever before. My ATT iphone 3GS drops calls constantly. I honestly can't remember the last Boost call that dropped. We are not heavy users, but I like the flat rate and then I don't have to worry about overages.

Phone
    ST- Sammy R451C
    Feedback Score
    Let's let one of Boost's CSR's, or, former CSR's put it in perspective. lol

WARNING: She's profanity laden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY6z51p5zDk

Phones
    i465 BLACK
    Motorola V600
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Yep we're leaving too.

Well I've been with Boost since before the $50 unlimited plan even. Where would I start?
    I'm in the greater Puget sound area, have two lines currently with Boost. Coverage area is actually fairly broad, very few dead zones and we use these in the Cascade foothills, valleys and mountains, as well as the Seattle and Eastside areas.

But...

Text messaging, which we pay for as part of the package.

One line has had four handsets and they still can't receive any texts except from other Nextel/Boost handsets. Considering the same phones with the same SIMs functioned perfectly (well 'perfect' as for as iDen can) with all different carriers messaging to them up until about six months ago, it is something that can be possible, Boost just hasn't delivered on fixing it. It's not the network or system, two other handsets, one a nextel and one a brand new boost work fine on the other SiM. I don't believe it's that it's a Nextel handset either, because I've used all these handsets with either SiM and had no problem until last fall.

When contacting CS by form on their website I got the stock reply, something like oh we don't guarantee anything to work on a Nextel handset. I tried emailing them back asking for clarification why it did work for several years on these exact same phones, no reply yet, been months. By phone once I was told it was a system issue and would work itself out in a few days and even given a help ticket number and they had no idea about it or the ticket number when i called back a week later.

Phone options. Personalizing the phone, nothing major, just some user content.

Well, just to give them one more shot, I went ahead and finally after about 4 or 5 Nextel handsets bought a new in box Boost handset for my line, an i465. It's a great basic phone and the Qwerty on it is well designed, I like it, I like the improvement in the UI, I like the direction they are going. But, guess what, I can no longer add my own ringtones or wallpapers. I have tried email, MMS from another phone, bluetooth. Please note that MMS from another phone and email both work as does the jal on my i880, which failed because the ribbon in the flip wore out, something about having a spring loaded push button to open design, idk, it was such a great little phone, definitely the best I had with them, and that stupid push button spring design was it's achilles heal I guess.

I've never seen unreliability and feature blocking like this on GSM and with no Customer Support or remedy whatsever, so suffice to say, Boost will be losing two lines or you know, a hundred bucks (plus extras) a month from us here shortly, as I return to a GSM provider, haven't decided which yet.

If I purchased a car with this kind of support and malfunction and CS you can bet I wouldn't keep it and would be getting my money back so again idk other then to switch. But that's the beauty of pre-paid phones isn't it. I'm actually excited now about having something new and different and fully functioning, you know, getting what I pay for.

Boost CDMA?

No thanks, I need something without hidden issues and have had bad experience with crippled CDMAs from some other carrier. Is it really too much to just have my phone personalized and have the features I'm paying for actually work most of the time?
    D.
    Boost Unlimited on a Black i465 Clutch.

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    you need boost cdma because it actually works well, across the country. good luck finding an uncrippled phone on any carrier from that carrier. you're going to have to buy unlocked, or buy a smart phone that you can load your own software on.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me