Thread: Picking up a package at a USPS Post office

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Picking up a package at a USPS Post office

This is totally random,

I've got a package waiting at a USPS post office but I won't be able to get it (because I'm not in the country).

Is my dad able to pick it up for me, or do they need some form of signature or ID?

Phone
    lg esteem
    Carrier
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    prolly depends on how strict the office is

my local usps never checks my id.. you just bring that little slip they leave in your mailbox that says you have a package

Phones
    LG Rumour
    HTC Touch Dual
    Sesame Street Elmo Phone
    Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    Feedback Score
    Kind of the same situation of the OP who made "Is there someone in the US that can hold my package". As long as there is a slip that the person brings with them, should be fine where you cannot be there.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Agreed. I've never been asked for ID, just the slip of paper left by the mail carrier.
    The opinions expressed in this post reflect those of everyone, ever.

HoFo Feedback | eBay Feedback

Phones
    NTT docomo P-02A
    Sony Ericsson W890i
    Sony Ericsson W580i
    Carrier
    Rogers & Fido
    Feedback Score
    I would say depends which person you get... My dad picked up his legit medication pills from our local CanadaPost Office, she asked for ID and of course, the slip.

Today my dad and I picked up our Renewed Canadian Passports, they didn't ask for ID just the slip.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Whether your dad can pick it up for you or not depends. Generally, if the local post office doesn't recognize the person picking up the package, they will ask for ID to verify that the person lives at the same address. The sender may also have sent the package to be delivered to you only, in which case the post office may end up not releasing the package to your dad, even though he lives at the same address.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    It also depends how it was sent. If its sent registered mail or signature required they may check your id...

But most likely they will just ask whoever has the slip to write the address it was sent to down on their touchscreen machine and then sign their name...

Or you can always have it re-delivered and make sure someone is there to take it
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G LTE, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    In California they require ID's even with the slip of paper. I have to pick up boxes often.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Moto Droid
    Carrier
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    I've never once been asked for identification when picking up a package. If you have the slip, you should be fine.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'll give my dad a printout of the tracking and i'll sign it , and i'll lend him my drivers lisence.... Hopefully that has me covered