Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Coverage in Wichita falls TX?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0

    Coverage in Wichita falls TX?

    I noticed that there is extended coverage there now. I just wanted to know who provides the service? Thanks in advanced.

  2. Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmfrk
    I noticed that there is extended coverage there now. I just wanted to know who provides the service? Thanks in advanced.

    I looked up CDMA providers in Wichita Falls, Texas. US Cellular is the likely bet.
    paul k. sanchez

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    America!
    Posts
    1,990
    Device(s)
    Kyocera HydroLife
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I believe it is Pocket Communications - the local ''Metro PCS'' of Texas...

    Metro has roaming agreements with Pocket, Cricket, and a few others.
    T-Mobile. Connecting you when you need it most... disconnecting you when you need to connect with God's beautiful creation! Service is great in cities and highways, but in rural areas they leave you with just your surroundings. I encourage you to get T-Mobile, disconnect for a while!

    I am glad that God is not like cell phone coverage. He does not hide behind mountains or loose us down long windy roads. The Lord levels mountains, and He makes our paths straight!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by NexTel32708
    I believe it is Pocket Communications - the local ''Metro PCS'' of Texas...

    Metro has roaming agreements with Pocket, Cricket, and a few others.
    http://pocket.com/index.php/coverage

    No coverage North of Kerrville and San Marcos, Texas.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well its not pocket or cricket because it would be on their websites. I don't think its US cellular because that area is supposed to be AWS & i dont think US cellular uses that spectrum. I just need to know because I currently have metro but Im moving up there in the fall.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmfrk
    Well its not pocket or cricket because it would be on their websites. I don't think its US cellular because that area is supposed to be AWS & i dont think US cellular uses that spectrum. I just need to know because I currently have metro but Im moving up there in the fall.
    Give a call to Sun Telecom on Monday. They are located in Decatur about 20 miles away and might know. You are correct that it appears to be AWS (1700 MHz) area.

    Sun Telecom
    1208 FM 51 South
    Next to Walmart
    Decatur, TX 76234

    Ph940) 627-7897

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks Guys but I figured it out myself. Apparently it's this Tiny Company called Clear Talk.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmfrk
    Thanks Guys but I figured it out myself. Apparently it's this Tiny Company called Clear Talk.
    How did you determine that? What is the SID in the area? Cleartalk shows coverage in Amarillo thru Plainview thru Lubbock.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Go to cleartalk.net -> Then Texas -> Then Coverage-> Then there is a small wichita falls button beside where it says armarillo, plainview, & lubbuck.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmfrk
    Go to cleartalk.net -> Then Texas -> Then Coverage-> Then there is a small wichita falls button beside where it says armarillo, plainview, & lubbuck.
    You are correct. And it does indeed show the MetroPCS coverage area of Dallas/Fort Worth/Shreveport.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,631
    Device(s)
    LG G Flex 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    How did you determine that? What is the SID in the area? Cleartalk shows coverage in Amarillo thru Plainview thru Lubbock.


    I have a clear talk phone and my SID is 21575 and PRL is 1111.


    Drew:
    LG G Flex 2
    Voice & Text: Unlimited
    Data: Unlimited
    Hotspot: 6GB


    Girlfriend:
    iPhone 5S
    Voice & Text: Unlimited
    Data: Unlimited


    Mom:
    Samsung Galaxy Note:4 (Black)
    Voice & Text: Unlimited
    Data: Unlimited



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    57
    Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hey Drew10162003, how is the coverage/service from cleartalk?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,631
    Device(s)
    LG G Flex 2
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by phatfarmfrk
    Hey Drew10162003, how is the coverage/service from cleartalk?

    Hey, not to bad at all..... Im pretty impressed sofar just 1xRTT data only.

Bookmarks