Thread: Verizon Roadside Assistance

Phones
    Thunderbolt
    Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Verizon Roadside Assistance

I seen they offer this, does anyone use this? If so what are your thoughts about the service they provide? Thanks

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I've heard of it but I could never find too much info on it except the two web pages below.

http://support.vzw.com/features/call...ssistance.html

http://consumerist.com/5057993/veriz...e-your-vehicle

Phones
    Motorola Droid X (current), Motorola Driod A855 (2009-2011), Blackberry Storm 9530 (2008-2009)
    SMT-5800 (2008), LG-VX9900 enV (2006-2008)
    LG-VX9800 "V" (2006), Motorola T730 (2004-2006)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless since 1997 (PrimeCo)
    Feedback Score
    I have used it several times. In 2005 I was a big doofus and locked my keys in my car 3 different times. VZW Roadside Assistance helped me out all 3 times for free (just the $3 monthly I pay and thats it!).

Also one time my battery completely died on me in a left turn lane on a busy street in SoCal. Once again roadside assistance towed me to a nearby Autozone where I was able to buy and replace my old battery on the spot. Not a dime did I have to pay out of pocket for the towing.

They will also cover you if you get flat and dont have a spare, or run out of gas.

Phones
    Samsung Rogue
    Orange Boulder
    Env, V325
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Orange Boulder: utstarc711/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by elgee02
    I have used it several times. In 2005 I was a big doofus and locked my keys in my car 3 different times. VZW Roadside Assistance helped me out all 3 times for free (just the $3 monthly I pay and thats it!).

Also one time my battery completely died on me in a left turn lane on a busy street in SoCal. Once again roadside assistance towed me to a nearby Autozone where I was able to buy and replace my old battery on the spot. Not a dime did I have to pay out of pocket for the towing.

They will also cover you if you get flat and dont have a spare, or run out of gas.
    Wow sounds like a good deal. Do they call someone for you and just pay the expenses or do they have their own people?
    Computer

Cell Phone w/USB

Boulder Ringtones

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nhanson
    Wirelessly posted (Orange Boulder: utstarc711/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Wow sounds like a good deal. Do they call someone for you and just pay the expenses or do they have their own people?

Verizon's Roadside Assistance is actually routed thru AAA's call center to process roadside assistance. For the $3 monthly fee, you can't beat the service.

I've used them 3 times now in the 7 or so years I've had it. I've used it for a slide off of an exit ramp in snow, dead battery, and a lockout at a fairground. All three times, it was no questions asked.

When you initiate the call for Roadside Assistance, the operator will first ask you "Are you in a safe location at this time?" This is to ensure that if you have a breakdown blocking traffic, or are in a life threatening situation that they can also dispatch any police services to provide for your safety. Once they determine that you are in a safe location, they will ask what type of service you are requesting. This helps them gather enough information to contact the correct type of provider being dispatched, and to make sure they bring the right equipment. They also gather all your information, location, cross streets, etc so the provider can locate you. They then have you hold on the line while they contact the service so they can provide you with an estimated time of arrival.

It's a great service to have considering how expensive it can be. They also have an automated recording call you back after your ETA has passed to make sure that the provider has shown up.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Also---

I have used *my* roadside assistance to help when a friend needs service. The stipulation with the Roadside Assistance plan is that the PHONE who has the service needs to be at the service call. So if someone calls you and has a breakdown, you can go meet them and then initiate the call on the scene.

Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Steve's phone: Mozilla/4.1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ) 400x240 LGE VX10000)

I have had this for years and used it several times. a few of those was for friends with lockouts or dead batteries or whatever. $3/mo for one line.. but $5/mo covers your whole family plan.

Well worth it, and it's a great service. My only issue has been slow dispatch .. but that was the fault of the particular tow company. vzw did their best to speed them up.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Phones
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Buick OnStar w/ Verizon
    Moto V3c ;)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's a good deal. I pay $3/month, on my phone and the girlfriend's phone. They say as long as you have the phone present when the person gets there, they will service you under your roadside plan, HOWEVER! They never check. I've called for friends. If they cant find someone to tow you in their network, they let you find whomever, and you can send in a copy of the receipt and they will refund you up to a certain amount (I have done this sucessfully).

They can make cell phone technologies that can download faster than my DSL line. Why can't they make a phone that I can use on my submarine?!

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Motorola V600 (oversea travel)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    How far would they tow your car? I have AAA Plus, which would tow my car up to 100 miles. It saved me one time traveling my car broke down in the middle of nowhere in OK. And found there is a repair shop on Tulsa which was 59 miles away. AAA came to tow my car there without any problem.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    How far would they tow your car? I have AAA Plus, which would tow my car up to 100 miles. It saved me one time traveling my car broke down in the middle of nowhere in OK. And found there is a repair shop on Tulsa which was 59 miles away. AAA came to tow my car there without any problem.
    According to this:
    http://support.vzw.com/features/call...ssistance.html
    10 miles

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    10 miles???? Well, if I don't go anywhere but just in town, I guess that's all right. But I move around quite a bit. It's definitely more than 10 miles.

Phones
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Buick OnStar w/ Verizon
    Moto V3c ;)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    yeah, it's 10 miles. If you go farther, they charge you for the extra mileage. They had to tow the girlfriend pretty far one time, about 20 miles, and it was only 12 or so dollars.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Iphone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon-There is no other.
    Feedback Score
    I've had this for a few years now and used it about 6 or 7 times. Glad to have this service but i was thinking of cancelling and using AAA. Any advantage or disadvantage by going AAA.
    PSN username=CYBORG_SMURF
    Google Talk: matrix.underworld

Phones
    iPhone 4S
    Samsung R355C (wife's)
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    AAA offers many other services too. So I rather stick with them.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Iphone 4s
    Carrier
    Verizon-There is no other.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey
    AAA offers many other services too. So I rather stick with them.

So for the one-time fee for AAA you get more services without any upfront cost?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast