Phones
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1t
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Nokia 5730
    Carriers
    GlobalWireless
    Feedback Score

GlobalWireless Changing the Wireless Industry in Canada. Slideshow

I was fired for poor performance in marketing, so here is the slides I snapped shots of, enjoy.

Phones
    Nokia 6103b
    SE W660 (K530i flashed)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWireless7
    I was fired for poor performance in marketing, so here is the slides I snapped shots of, enjoy.
    Sorry about that but thank you soo much for the slides!!! Great!!! Finally!!! This really tells us a lot!
    Everything looks excellent except for: "Smart Cards will not work on non Global Wireless hardware". I think this is a rather stupid idea. All it will lead to is customers changing IMEIs...what a pitty for Globalive. I am still not convinced they have really implemented this policy. May be it is just a legal statement and will remain as such.
    The G1 pricing is too high I think (for buying outright). But the plans are good. 40$ unlimited data + VoIP + Tethering, what else can you ask for?

Feedback Score
    Too bad videotron won in Quebec since their offer is really attractive.

Do i see a very small coverage in North Western and South Western Quebec ?

Feedback Score
    This is amazing! This will rock the big 3's plans in a big way!

Feedback Score
    Weird how come nobody else posts in this thread? I would have thought this would have hundreds of posts by now!

Feedback Score
    Whats this random green line on the G1.

Carriers
    Virgin (416)
    Feedback Score
    Hmmmm G1 is software locked to GL?

I'll be the first one to call BS

Phone
    Nokia N8-00
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting! Those look like some awesome plans, can't wait to ditch Rogers - I'd save about $30/mo and have a better plan too

I'm kind of bummed out that you can't BYOD but I'm hoping people will find ways around that.

Quote Originally Posted by dragun
    Whats this random green line on the G1.
    I zoomed in & enhanced it using the same software they use on CSI and it turned out to be a caterpillar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elwebmaster
    Sorry about that but thank you soo much for the slides!!! Great!!! Finally!!! This really tells us a lot!
    Everything looks excellent except for: "Smart Cards will not work on non Global Wireless hardware". I think this is a rather stupid idea. All it will lead to is customers changing IMEIs...what a pitty for Globalive. I am still not convinced they have really implemented this policy. May be it is just a legal statement and will remain as such.
    The G1 pricing is too high I think (for buying outright). But the plans are good. 40$ unlimited data + VoIP + Tethering, what else can you ask for?
    don't forget the $5 that you have to pay to have tethering enabled. So $45/month. Doesn't telus and bell still offer unlimited on device for $30? if so they are already $10 above that.

I am curious if the voice plans include Canada-wide long distance because if they do they are a good deal. Still not the $40 all in the Connex has been braging about for the past 6months but still not a bad deal.

*Edit - $10 for MMS is steep too. So unlimited minutes, data + tethering + mms we are looking at $110 + tax and any fees that we do not know about yet. I would say that is still to steep for most people and the big 3 could probably do better right now.

Phones
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    GoogleNexus, GNote
    ▬ JAWBONE I [Sold the II, & the Prime :(], Icon, Blueant Q1, H680, H12
    Carrier
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlobalWireless7
    I was fired for poor performance in marketing,...
    I don't see how you were poor in marketing. You just did some wicked marketing for the company . The timing was a tad poor to say the least but still . I always wondered how people could snap away SO MANY PHOTOS in an otherwise confidential briefing as you did LOL.

Lovin' the 'enable tethering $5'., the international SMS pkgs, and the fact that it's unlim txting to US+CANADA!!!! Niicccccccccce!!!

Lovin' the DOWN ARROW for Rogers, Bell, Telus and the UP ARROW for Global (which is only a national compnay..so don't get the whole 'global' bit-but anyhoo) Wireless...LMAO
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

For Sale: Crazy Sexy Cool 416-888's or 613 #'s
    WTT: My BNIB Note 2 for an Ipad Mini or 4
    Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review

Phones
    Mike i877
    LG Keybo
    Carriers
    Mike (iDen)
    Feedback Score
    This is Freakin' huge!!! Those peckers at the big 3 have no idea what they're in for.
    Very fresh approach to the whole game & nice mix of handsets... G1 looks sweet! I know of many people who would be more than happy to pay their ETF with BELUS & Rogers to grab a phone & service with Globalive.
    To the fella who posted the slideshow... you have the dubious distinction of being a rebel & a champion of the people. Peace

Phones
    Bell BB 9530
    Telus BB 9530
    Rogers BB 9000
    Carriers
    All of them,
    Big time phone addict,
    Feedback Score
    I am very certain there is a restriction on how much data can be tethered which has not been released yet.

Phone
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you
    Carrier
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    this seems fishy, wtf is "GlobalWireless" the company is called Globalive Wireless??

Phones
    Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1t
    Sony Ericsson TM506
    Nokia 5730
    Carriers
    GlobalWireless
    Feedback Score
    IF you are wondering what the green light is, its a voice recorder for the presentation that was recording, it flashes green when recording and is a solid blue when its on standby.

As for tethering, $5 for it, will give you Unlimited.

For the $10 for Unlimited MMS, it will be a standalone option for $7/mo and Walkie Talkie for $7/mo

Each GlobalWireless device will have a PTT over HSPA (PTToH as we call it) which gives walkie talkie that is faster than Bell / MTS / SaskTel 10-4, but not quite as fast as iDEN or QChat PTT.

You can get them together for $4 less, aka the $10 Package.

There will be a All you can eat package for around $99.99/mo - $129.99/mo, its not decided yet, it will be based on what the other operators drop their prices to.

All handsets will be locked via Subsidy Code, AND software locked. The great thing about it is that only GlobalWireless will have the second code, that will not be randomly generated. It will be given out after 12 months into a contract / 12 months of service, or for $49.99 one time charge.

There will be no "System Access Fee" or "911 Fee" with GlobalWireless.

A new look at Smart Cards, they will actually only work on the phone that you activate it on, if you want to switch it to another phone, you would need to do a "Hardware Change" on the upcoming website, or for free over the phone, or at one of our retail locations.

As for our retail locations, there will be no dealers, mainly for the reason Rogers and TELUS pay dealers too much and could save money by cutting them.

The Activation Number is paired with the Smart Card for one time use, once its linked to an account, it cannot be "Re-Activated" again if you end service.

One of the main reasons for not letting people use their own hardware, is that we intergrated many services into the hardware including PTT for easy use.

If a SIM card were to be put into another device, without a Hardware Change, the device would not get service until the change was done. There is no generic serial number to allow for other hardware, as the IMEI is streamed into a databse of every IMEI that will be sold.

The GSM bands are software locked to Roaming unless you wait the 12 months or pay the $49.99.

Also, what we consider "Unlimited" is 30GB Per month. After that you would only get a call explaining why you should slow down.

***There was also a lot of handsets not shown here, and another 11 for the 12 months after launch, with a lot of 1-year exclusives for Canada***

Phone
    Motorola Razr2 V9M
    Feedback Score
    So Text messaging is unlimited? ahaha, this sounds good. I will wait for Globalive I think and get prepaid until then.

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast