Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Will a Metro phone work in Puerto Rico?

Feedback Score
    Underseahunter: Did the phone work in PR after all?
    Thanks in advance for your response!

Phones
    R-450 (soon for sale)
    Q that needs metro flashing
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

As I sit here on the often overlooked, but very beautiful (Rincon area) island of Puerto Rico... I can say NO MY METRO PCS phone from south florida does NOT work here, nor has it ever since I got here 6/17/09. Like any thrifty phone geek I bought a "NET10" phone. $29 with 300 minutes and a 1.5x multiplier if I phone home, and $ 0.15 per text message.

Now who wants to buy an LG "NTLG300G" when I get home? LOL With some minutes left... AND a "787" area code?

Metro users can call here all day long, but NOT use our phones here.

Thanks for asking, and BTW "the weather is here, I wish you were beautiful. The beer is too cold, and the daquiri's too frutiful." OR something to that effect.

I DID SEE SOME CRAZY CHINESE PHONES WHILE HERE (totally generic) iphone clones, and stretched out BB's whee.

C
    determined to learn from the gurus... AND post it all in one place; so that others can learn too, without all the fruitless searches.

Phones
    samsung SCH-i220
    apple iPhone
    Carriers
    metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by underseahunter
    Hey guys,

As I sit here on the often overlooked, but very beautiful (Rincon area) island of Puerto Rico... I can say NO MY METRO PCS phone from south florida does NOT work here, nor has it ever since I got here 6/17/09. Like any thrifty phone geek I bought a "NET10" phone. $29 with 300 minutes and a 1.5x multiplier if I phone home, and $ 0.15 per text message.

Now who wants to buy an LG "NTLG300G" when I get home? LOL With some minutes left... AND a "787" area code?

Metro users can call here all day long, but NOT use our phones here.

Thanks for asking, and BTW "the weather is here, I wish you were beautiful. The beer is too cold, and the daquiri's too frutiful." OR something to that effect.

I DID SEE SOME CRAZY CHINESE PHONES WHILE HERE (totally generic) iphone clones, and stretched out BB's whee.

C
    Did anyone post earlier that the MetroPCS phone would not roam on the Claro CDMA network?
    paul k. sanchez

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2