Thread: If you owe Sprint money...

Phones
    Moto i1
    Moto i1, Moto Q 9C, LG Fusic, A900 (blah)
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score

If you owe Sprint money...

I am rather PO'd at Sprint. I closed my account (or I should say they closed it for me) almost a month ago when I migrated over to Boost.

I had a balance of $100 on my sprint bill that I let carry over to my final bill that ended up being $113. No big deal got my last statement very quickly about two weeks or so ago. Has a due date of 05/26/09. I log into my Sprint account the other day to make a payment and its closed and I have no access. I then today get an email from E-care telling me my Sprint account is going to go to collections unless I pay the amount due within seven days.

Now I have been with Sprint for years, my bill is not even due yet and they are threatening me with collections. What BS. The emails says this:

You are a valued Sprint customer, and we would like to work with you to resolve any issue that may have caused your account to become past due. As of the date above, we have not received full payment, and your account is scheduled to be placed with a collection agency within the next seven days.

Our goal is to reactivate your Sprint account as soon as possible, so please call 1-877-888-1028 to make a payment or to speak to one of our knowledgeable Customer Finance Service representatives to discuss your choice of payment arrangements or any other account concerns you have. It is important that you call us immediately to prevent further collection action that may include:

But one thing it says it that if I fail to pay this they can add on my ETF...oops, don't want that!!..LOL

Reactivate my account? Hmmmm, no thanks!

So, I call the number on the 'SPRINT' email to talk to someone at SPRINT about my account. I call the number and I get BOOST CSR, clearly Sprint knows my phone number that used to be with Sprint is now with Boost so when I try to call Sprint I get Boost.

Not that I had intended to not pay my bill, but now I am left wondering, if I didn't pay it and it went to collections, can Sprint cancel my Boost service. Also if you read the Boost fine print any money you pay on your Boost account in advance is non-refundable. So if I pre-pay for a couple months in advance, they can cancel my service and keep the money in my account?

1. So, anyone know yet if you port over from Sprint if they will go after you at Boost?

2. And anyone else lost money they had in their Boost account?

Phone
    Dunno... changes every week.
    Feedback Score
    No they won't go after the money on Boost nor will they cancel your Boost account. Their TOS would need to warn you about this. It's just a lot simpler to send the account to collections and ruin your credit score.

As for the e-mail it's probably just some automated system that sends it out. If you transfer your number out then Sprint.com looses all records and I'm betting it sends that message automatically after a while. I had to visit a Sprint store, couple weeks after I transfered, to pay my final bill last time I ported from them since Sprint.com didn't have any records of me anymore.

Phones
    Moto i1
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Well I am about to file bankruptcy shortly anyways, so I could careless about my credit score. That was another one of the reasons why I decided to go to a prepaid plan since I would be required to send Sprint notice (even if I decided to keep them) and then that typically triggers another boat load of problems and typically you wind up having to pay a deposit even though I was a long time customer with a spotless record prior to my filing.

But, most companies have what in known as a cross collateralization clause. Meaning if you owe one part of a company any money they can take any funds you have in another part of the company.

I suppose that worse case it I lose a partial month of service and my old cell phone number. All I would do is just get a new sim card and open a new account. The only thing that ties me to my old Sprint account is my phone number, for some reason when Boost set up my account they put their own address in for mine...LOL

Oh well we will see what happens.

Phones
    BlackBerry 7100i
    motorola i9
    lg rumor
    Carriers
    boost
    used to be sprint, but i'm no longer a customer of theirs
    Feedback Score

Angry

screw sprint! i was actually gonna pay them the $200 disconnect fee AFTER explaining to them that i lost my job and could no longer afford their service. i had a disconnect date and everything. do you know what they did? they didn't disconnect it. now i owe them a few hundred dollars because not only did they NOT disconnect it, they let it stay on for 3 & 1/2 months after the disconnect date! i didn't even know it was on until i got a letter from a collection agency.
    thanks a lot sprint!
    Life is like photography. You use the negative to develop

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, HTC_One_(M8)_WP, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, VZW_PrePaid, H2O
    Feedback Score
    If you are trying to call a Sprint Customer Service number from your Boost Mobile phone your call will automatically be routed to Boost Customer Service. It is best to call from a landline or some phone other than your Boost Phone. (Boost Customer Service will forward your call to Sprint Customer Service.... my experience has been being placed on hold for an extended amount of time vs calling from a landline and getting through much quicker to Sprint Customer Service.)

Phones
    Moto i1
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Well the 'stupidest' part of this whole thing was, that unless I had just happen to check to my email spam blocker the other day I would have never had known they were going to take this action. They emailed me an attachment in .rtf format that was a letter stating my account was going to collections in five days. Now unless I 'run' up to the Sprint store today to make a payment, it wont arrive before the account is sent to a collection agency. Now I won't get into how collection agency's work, but I used to be a collector, and this could get ugly.

I have never seen a company so money hungry as to send an account to collections when you would only be technically four days past the due date on the statement and they send it to collections. I would understand if I hadn't paid in 90+ days and they had MAILED me notices to my PO Box and I ignored them. But come on, a f-ing email that had been sitting in my spam box for three days that I just happened to see is what they call a "notice". That is not really trying very hard to make sure I pay them if that all they do is send out an email before they send my account to collections.

Ya, I am pissed, its a BS way to trap people for no good reason. Like I told the very rude and uncaring CSR yesterday at Sprint, I would rather never have a cell phone again than have service from Sprint. I am just even pissed Boost is part of Sprint, but I guess its still like screwing them over...LOL

Oh and Sprint, if anyone from Sprint is reading this, I was trying Boost out and if I didn't like it, I was going to switch back to my simply everything plan. Cold day in hell now, go f- yourself. I was going to pay off my bill, now you can just get listed on my bankruptcy. Good job morons.

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, HTC_One_(M8)_WP, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, VZW_PrePaid, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Yeah!!! What He Said!!!!!! I used to have 4 Business Lines With 'em Too!!!!
    Now I cut my bill in half and go with Boost Mobile & Virgin Mobile Only -- (Only b/c Sprint has the best signal of the majors in my area....).

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I owe sprint in the neighborhood of $500 from two lines. And that doesn't include the ETF for both lines...which have both been reassigned to other people. And their not getting their money either, for other reasons.

They won't take your money, even though they are the child company of Sprint. Because your dealings are through Boost Mobile, not Sprint. If that makes any sense. And it's so easy to get new accounts, they don't even check them. And as far as i know, i've not given them my social. So i don't see how they could pin-point me and harrass me.

And i had SprintPCS, owed them $400, and it never appeared on my credit statement. ANYWHERE. Also when i was going to pay the $400 that i owed them...years ago...everytime i'd call they would hang up on me. Very strange. Oh well. They have bad business practices that i don't agree to. Hence why i haven't paid.

Phones
    Motorola i776
    LG CU500
    LG 600G
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Looks like this has become a bash Sprint thread.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile is like this too, lol. Exact same thing.. has happened more than once.

Canceled account, cant pay online because they lock you out, cant go to a store and use a bill payment kiosk, it cant find you... Cant call customer care and use the automated system.

Had to get a hold of a CSR and pay that way, and convince them not to charge me $5 for a payment because I have no other choice.

But if your a customer and you dont have a canceled account, and the second your payment becomes late, they will call the **** out of you, from 7am to 10pm with their automated system... and on top of that, they will send you a letter saying they will close your account out if you dont pay.... This was all over like $11... just testing the system limits, lol

Its a Recession. Companies want their $ before it gets out of hand and they have no chance of getting it at all... thats all.

Even on my prepaid boost mobile phone they are sending me texts reminding me my airtime refill is due soon to continue on the $50 plan... you know.. for those people who need to plan weeks ahead of time to get that $50 ready... Me personally, I already have 2 $50 reboost cards ready to go.... but those texts get annoying. I even get some that say "if you cant continue your $50 plan you can switch your plan free and pay $0.10 per minute, or whatever...." like they expect that all of Boost's $50/mo unlimited customers dont have money??
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phones
    Moto i1
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Oh swell I thought the texts I got telling me I need to "re-boost" was cause I was new, couldn't figure out why I was getting them only 2 weeks after I started my service...LOL Don't tell me this happens every month? Can you turn this off? I don't need one or two texts a day a couple weeks before the first of every month (I was smart and started my service on the first...lol).

Phones
    Moto i1
    Treo 650, V551
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicFire
    So if you complain about Sprint you consider it bashing? And if your worried that this thread has become a bashing Sprint thread, I guess you can pass by it next time and not be forced to read all the posts and then you won't have to worry.

Looks like now its a bash T-Mobile too, feel better?

Phones
    BlackBerry 7100i
    motorola i9
    lg rumor
    Carriers
    boost
    used to be sprint, but i'm no longer a customer of theirs
    Feedback Score
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrMagicFire

well seeing how the title of this thread is 'if you owe sprint money' i didn't really see it going any other direction

Phones
    Motorola i776
    LG CU500
    LG 600G
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnM
    So if you complain about Sprint you consider it bashing? And if your worried that this thread has become a bashing Sprint thread, I guess you can pass by it next time and not be forced to read all the posts and then you won't have to worry.

Looks like now its a bash T-Mobile too, feel better?
    Good luck ShawnM with your bankruptcy filing.

I doubt the judge will like your attitude when it comes to who is to blame for your situation with your creditors.

Accounts usually are not closed until the last bill is paid.

I know you think it's Sprint's fault. Yeah, they are the bad guy because you agreed to the contract.

That's why I like no-contract prepaid. No small print. I vote with my feet if I don't like the service.

Guess you learned the hard way that they mean what they say in those contracts.

Phone
    Nexus One
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnM
    Oh swell I thought the texts I got telling me I need to "re-boost" was cause I was new, couldn't figure out why I was getting them only 2 weeks after I started my service...LOL Don't tell me this happens every month? Can you turn this off? I don't need one or two texts a day a couple weeks before the first of every month (I was smart and started my service on the first...lol).
    You can change you message level on your account page.

"All your bandwith are belong to us."