Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! Phone always in roaming.

Feedback Score

Help! Phone always in roaming.

Hi Everyone. I just switched to page plus today and I'm having trouble.

I have an LG VX-4500 that I've used on a Verizon monthly plan for years.

After reading this forum, I called page plus and they ported me over and had me switch my phone to page plus.

Everything is working, except my roaming indicator is always on and I've verified on the page plus website that I'm being charged the .60 cents per minute roaming rate for all calls.

I live in NJ in a very well covered Verizon Wireless area. I'm definately not roaming.

I called page plus, they were very nice, however they told me there was nothing they could do and I needed to replace the phone to correct this.

Before I do that, I thought I would post here and look for any possible alternatives to get this corrected.

Thanks much for any advice. Andy.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem. I was discussed here.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...=ohio+schmitty

Perhaps OhioSchmitty will see this thread and help you too.

Phones
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Page Plus: Palm Pixi +
    AT&T:HP Pre3
    Feedback Score
    Makes no sense. Verizon doesn't allow roaming in NJ, so how could you be roaming? The only thing you could be roaming on is Sprint, and if you were roaming on Sprint *228 would not work.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Feedback Score
    Makes no sense to me either. It's the same phone I was using with Verizon and I'm in the same house. Hopefully someone will be able to help me. Thanks.

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    Go to the thread in my link and PM OhioSchmitty. He works for Page Plus. He can help you.

Feedback Score
    Done. PM Sent.

Feedback Score
    Does PP use a 'home area' coverage, or is it national?

Phones
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnox
    Does PP use a 'home area' coverage, or is it national?
    It's national.

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I had a Centro that I was playing with the other day and for the life of me, I couldnt get it to stop roaming. The SID and NID wasnt correct (4154/65535) for some reason.
    After activating with PagePlus have you tried updating PRL by *22890 TALK?

I am a noob too, so if I am off base, please correct me.

Thanks, hope it helps

Phone
    Palm Pre
    Feedback Score
    With the centro you have a upload a prl that has the roaming indicators disabled for your SID.

With the vx4500, I'm not sure. Had seen one of those in a while. I know I have a similar problem with the little razr-type phone they sell at walmart with the mp3 controls on it. If I spc unlock it and OTA program it then it starts roaming. No matter if I upload the modified prl it still roams. Hadn't figured out why yet.

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, my post wasn't too clear. I loaded a verizon PRL. For me the SID and NID were not correct. After I set them to: 4154/65535 it stopped roaming.

Phones
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pc-tech101
    Sorry, my post wasn't too clear. I loaded a verizon PRL. For me the SID and NID were not correct. After I set them to: 4154/65535 it stopped roaming.
    Was this a Sprint or Verizon Centro? How did you upload the PRL, and why didn't the OTA do that for you?

The reason why I'm asking is that I have a Sprint 755P that I want to eventually get on PP. (I upgraded to a Treo Pro on Sprint.)

As far as the roaming, it's not clear if this thread is talking about actual roaming, or just a false indicator. I had an Amp'd Angel on PP and the roaming triangle was always on, but I was never charged for roaming so I just ignored it.
    Last edited by johncase3; 06-05-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Feedback Score
    Here's the latest update. I'm still using the VX-4500 and the roaming indicator is still on. When I first posted this thread I was getting charged the roaming rate from page plus for each call.

I'm not sure if I did something, or if PP did something to correct this, but I made a test call yesterday and was only charged .12 cents per minute, although my roaming indicator is still on.

I've spoken to several people at PP, who have all been extremely nice and helpful, and after working with me for a while, they all suggest that I replace the VX-4500 with something else as they feel the phone itself is putting up a false roaming indicator.

I'll put an update here when there are any further developments. Thanks to everyone who has commented and helped me.

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by johncase3
    Was this a Sprint or Verizon Centro? How did you upload the PRL, and why didn't the OTA do that for you?

The reason why I'm asking is that I have a Sprint 755P that I want to eventually get on PP. (I upgraded to a Treo Pro on Sprint.)
    Its a Sprint Centro. I manually programmed it and loaded a verizon prl to it. I hacked a few things that might get data to work. I used a USB cable for treo syncing. Info on hacking Centro is posted in Cricket forum. Please search. Thanks and that is enough off topic.

Phone
    Sasmsung Moment SPH-M900
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jibril_s
    With the centro you have a upload a prl that has the roaming indicators disabled for your SID.
    What tool have you used to disable?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast