Thread: Facebook Mobile Texts problem.. not receiving text msg with confirmation code?

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    LG enV 3, VX-8300
    Motorola V330, V300, C332
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Facebook Mobile Texts problem.. not receiving text msg with confirmation code?

Hi everyone,

So I'm trying to set up Facebook Mobile Texts with my enV 3 that I just got a few days ago. Facebook says the following:

Activate Facebook Texts (Step 2 of 3)
    Using your mobile phone, send a text message with the letter to "f" to 32665 (FBOOK).*
    *Facebook does not charge for this service. Standard messaging rates apply.
    So I texted f to 326-65 and got no response. Step 3 on Facebook's setup thing says:

Activate Facebook Texts (Step 3 of 3)
    In a few seconds, you should receive a text message that contains your mobile activation code. If you haven't received a code after a few minutes, please repeat Step #2.
    But since I didn't get the sms, I tried again... and still, I got no response. Talk about a waste of a few messages..

Has anyone else been having this problem? How can I get this to work? Might the facebook system just be overloaded and the message might come like in a few hours? However, I mistakenly also tried the "Text a link to my phone" feature here: http://www.facebook.com/mobile/ and entered my phone number, and I *did* receive an SMS that time. However it was from an email address, not from 326-65. So I'm not sure what the problem is..

Thanks!
    dt

Phones
    Motorola DROID
    LG enV 3, VX-8300
    Motorola V330, V300, C332
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I tried sending "On" to the same number as per the suggestion here: http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=819

but I received an sms w/ a link to the mobile Facebook web page rather than a text confirmation code -_-

What's going on here?..

Phone
    BB Storm
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It took hours for me to get the confirmation text, I don't know if its backed up or what.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When I went thru this process, it was three days before I received my activation code. No idea why, and by the time I heard back from the Facebook tech support folks, I had the code in my hands. From the little bit of research on the web I did at the time I was having this same problem, it sounds like it's a common situation.

I can say that once it's activated, the system is quite speedy. Posting status sometimes takes several minutes or more to show up, but updates from friends whom you subscribe to come thru very quickly in my experience to date.

Phones
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    BlackBerry Curve (VZW)
    LG Voyager (VZW)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It takes a longggg time on every cell network. Its always been like that.

Phones
    BlackBerry 8130
    LG vx8360
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless, drinking the Kool Aid since 2004
    Feedback Score
    I never got mine, eventually I just gave up. I tried each of my five times to get the code, but to no avail, it never arrived. Eventually Facebook just locked me from getting more codes unless I emailed them, which I did. They never reset the count so I could try again.

I too texted "on" to FBOOK, but again, I just got a WAP link.

There was a notice on one of their pages saying if your number had been ported from another carrier, then for whatever reason, you wouldn't be able to use mobile texts -- and they said that they had hoped to have the issue resolved "soon."

Edit: I just tried it again from a link up above, instead texting "f" to 32665, and it worked. Go figure.
    If an Amp'd Hollywood is left in the forest... and no carrier is around to push a bogus PRL, is it still something more than a brick?

Quote Originally Posted by Actual AIM Conversation
    [08:12 PM] Colleague: when are you planning on switching to [major SUNY school]?
    [08:12 PM] Domain: I plan on porting over my transcripts when I graduate, why?
    I've been playing with cellular devices WAY too long...

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Ive been Dared: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 240X400 LGE VX9700)

i never heard back from facebook but my code came about a week after i asked for it via text. by then i was already using it. i went on the desktop, logged in using my phone number and password and it been working on my phone since. i never put in the code lol
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    BlackBerry Storm (VZW)
    BlackBerry Curve (VZW)
    LG Voyager (VZW)
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Domain
    I never got mine, eventually I just gave up. I tried each of my five times to get the code, but to no avail, it never arrived. Eventually Facebook just locked me from getting more codes unless I emailed them, which I did. They never reset the count so I could try again.

I too texted "on" to FBOOK, but again, I just got a WAP link.

There was a notice on one of their pages saying if your number had been ported from another carrier, then for whatever reason, you wouldn't be able to use mobile texts -- and they said that they had hoped to have the issue resolved "soon."

Edit: I just tried it again from a link up above, instead texting "f" to 32665, and it worked. Go figure.

you will get it this week. you phone will be going off non-stop. lol

Phones
    Dare (current), Voyager, Motv9m (back ups)
    BB 8130, Treo 700p, BB 8330, Treo 700wx
    LG 8550, LG 9900, LG 8300
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Strange. I got mine a couple mins after.