Thread: ESPN Scorecenter

Phones
    iPhone 5 32 GB
    iPhone 5 32 GB
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

ESPN Scorecenter

Noticed a new app in the app store today. I think it was released last week. I couldn't find any threads on this. Its called ESPN Scorecenter. Its free. I like it, it even has a news ticker at the bottom of the screen!! Anyone else have this app? What do you think of it?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 3G[S]
    Blackberry Bold
    Nokia N95-3
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    just got this tonight, I love it so far and am very excited. I assume this is what was previewed when 3.0 was first announced which means we should see push sports score notifications for it. It may only be for you favorite teams or something but I am very excited about the possibilities and finally having a sports score app that should be on a reliable server so it does not get overwhelmed during peak times.

Phones
    iPhone 5 32 GB
    iPhone 5 32 GB
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    yes I also have the sportacular app and I like that one too but I think this ESPN app has it beat! I like being able to add my favorite teams/sports and its easier to navigate and more user friendly.

Hoping 3.0 gets here soon so that we can take advantage of push notifications

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Apple iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by richmond23
    yes I also have the sportacular app and I like that one too but I think this ESPN app has it beat! I like being able to add my favorite teams/sports and its easier to navigate and more user friendly.

Hoping 3.0 gets here soon so that we can take advantage of push notifications
    I think Sportacular can do it with a recent update. I got both also. Been playing with the ESPN app for a few days now. Not sure which I like more. I guess I have to wait until football season starts since I hate the US MLB. I'd like to see the Japanese MLB though. I think I'll twitter to the people that make Sportacular since them sent me a tweet asking what they could to to make me stay using their app. Pretty lame, but it's customer service & that works.
    We are [TheBORG]. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
    * FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER! *
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

Phones
    Iphone 5s
    iphone 5s
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Why is it when i try to download this app it says " This application is not compatible with this iphone"?? I have a 3g? Now if I try to download the app on my 2g it works? What gives with the 3g not working? Same thing happens with the DirecTv app.

Phone
    iPhone 4, 32gb
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Noticed a new app in the app store today. I think it was released last week. I couldn't find any threads on this. Its called ESPN Scorecenter. Its free. I like it, it even has a news ticker at the bottom of the screen!! Anyone else have this app? What do you think of it?
    Quick one minute impression... I like sportacular better.

I'm more in favor of black type on a white background of sportacular. It also has a better UI.

ESPN looks too congested. I don't see any date navigation either.

Sportacular updates every 30 seconds. ESPN?

*Subject to change*

Andy

Phones
    iPhone4 32GB
    Cingular 8125
    MPx220
    Carrier
    Cingular / at&t
    Feedback Score
    Not a huge fan of the ESPN app. Wish it would run down all the sports on the main page and I could select which sport I want to view from there instead of having to scroll across to different pages to see different spots.

I'm sticking with the ESPN.com online browser app for now, I feel that it works better for me.

Phones
    iPhone 4 - 32 gb - Black
    iPhone 4S - 32 gb - White
    iPhone 3gs - 16 gb - Black
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac84
    Why is it when i try to download this app it says " This application is not compatible with this iphone"?? I have a 3g? Now if I try to download the app on my 2g it works? What gives with the 3g not working? Same thing happens with the DirecTv app.
    Same issue.

Phones
    iPhone 4 32GB
    iPhone 4 32GB
    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I like the app but the only thing I miss on the app is the standings feature... it would be good to have that handy and it might then complete the app...

Phones
    Droid
    Tour
    Palm Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cmac84
    hmm I have a 3g and got both this program and the directv one, is yours jailbroken? or unlocked?

Phones
    iPhone 3Gs 32GB Black
    Why any other?
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick.sp
    I like the app but the only thing I miss on the app is the standings feature... it would be good to have that handy and it might then complete the app...

I agree to this. I have the MLB app but if I could see standings at any given time for divisions, it would make this a great app.