Thread: Moving a prepaid SIM card to another phone?

Feedback Score

Moving a prepaid SIM card to another phone?

I currently have a prepaid account with Verizon. I want to get a new phone with better features, but I need a prepaid plan but no one offers prepaid phones that have the features I want (ie 3mp camera). Would it be possible for me to buy a phone with the features I want, unlock it, and put in a sim card from a prepaid phone?

For example, if I got a less-expensive "Go Phone" fom AT&T, could I put the SIM card from that into a new unlocked regular (not Go Phone) AT&T phone? Or does it not work that way?

You can tell I don't know anything about phones Thanks in advance!

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately Verizon is a CDMA provider and their technology does not use removable SIM cards like the GSM Providers such as AT&T and T-Mobile does.

That said, if there are no phones from Verizon that have the features you want, you are SOL as they do not allow another CDMA provider phones such as Sprint, Cricket, US Cellular to be used on their accounts.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mango808
    Unfortunately Verizon is a CDMA provider and their technology does not use removable SIM cards like the GSM Providers such as AT&T and T-Mobile does.
    LOL I just got done editing my message after opening my verizon phone and finding out there's no sim card in it. I don't really care who the service provider is, I just need a phone with a good camera and would prefer to have a prepaid plan. I don't mind buying a cheap Go PHone from AT&T or whatever just to get the sim card, unless there's a better way to do it?

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    You can also just go to an AT&T or T-Mobile store and sign up for prepaid service and choose your phone from their postpaid line of phones as well and not be limited to their prepaid selection. They offer them at retail pricing though if activating on a prepaid account/service since you are not getting a 1 or 2 year contract.

Or you can just get a prepaid phone kit and buy an unlocked compatible device online and just swap your SIM card into it as you planned.