Thread: cant remove vm notification

Feedback Score

cant remove vm notification

Hi,

I have an HTC Tytn and for some reason the other day, I have a VM notification that I can't get rid of. I have 1 saved vm that has been there since last year....... even before i got the tytn.

I can't get rid of it. I touch the notification button and then 'dismiss' comes up and i click that but nothing.

If I click on notification it calls my VM service(Rogers) and i have no new messages, 1 saved message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jimisand

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    i post a thread about this and i got no reply, and i solved it myself just call your phone leave a vm, then check it and the icon should disappear
    915_TUSCANI

Phones
    Wing - lost :-(
    Touch Pro 2 - retired...best keyboard ever!!!!
    MyTouch 4G Slide
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    With att theres a system to reset the counter for u so I would guess rogers has a similar system to manage ur vm. I aslo came across this: http://howardforums.com/showthread.p...l+notification

Feedback Score
    Hi,

I did what 915_tuscani did except it 4 tries for it to finally erase. Thanks everyone.

Jimisand

Phones
    Touch Pro 2
    htc merge
    BB Tour
    Feedback Score
    I had this problem when I first got my phone. I was on the phone with tech support for over an hour trying to get it to reset. They said to take the phone back for a replacement.

After I got off the phone, I finally figured out what was causing my problem. I had forgotten I needed to get into my old v9m for a contact that I did not have in my Touch, then I forgot to turn it off again. When I was putting my old phone back into the box it came in, I noticed it showed one new voice mail.

I turned off my old phone, and my voice mail indicator went away on the Touch.

This is on USCC