Thread: Mobile Identification Number?

Feedback Score

Question Mobile Identification Number?

My friend just got the Env3 and asked me what the mobile identification number is. I have no idea so I figured I would ask here since everyone is real helpful. I found it on my phone as well by going to settings-phone info-my number I see mobile device number also which as far as I can tell that is suppose to be your phone# correct? Just not really sure what mobile identification# is since its a different phone number. Anyone know? She has me curious now also lol

Phones
    Motorola Droid 2 w/ 8gb memory card
    LG enV Touch w/ 8gb memory card
    LG Dare VX9700 w/ 8gb memory card
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (LG Dare: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000)

I very well could be wrong, but it vould be the MEID. It can be found on the side of the box or on the back of the device underneath the batter. Hope this helps.
    If you like my work, I welcome donations for my efforts.

Donate Here!

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Team48Lowes
    Wirelessly posted (LG Dare: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Teleca Q7; Brew 3.1.5; U; en) 480X800 LGE VX11000)

I very well could be wrong, but it vould be the MEID. It can be found on the side of the box or on the back of the device underneath the batter. Hope this helps.
    Nope checked that but this is an actual phone# but yet not the same as my phone# lol

Phones
    Motorola Droid 2 w/ 8gb memory card
    LG enV Touch w/ 8gb memory card
    LG Dare VX9700 w/ 8gb memory card
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

oh ok. yea when you go into the settings and go into phone info and my phone mumber i believe, it will have your number and the device's number. perhaps that's what your friend is talking about? i can't recall the actual purpose of this, might someone else have some more knowledge on this?
    Last edited by Team48Lowes; 06-06-2009 at 02:14 PM.

Phones
    Motorola Droid A855
    Retired: LG VX11000 "enV Touch"
    Retired: LG VX9700 - The Dare
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i could be mistaken but maybe when the phone is not activated on someone's account they assign it some sort of identification number so it doesn't get lost in the abyss? Lovvvvvvvvvving the phone so far though!!!!!!!!

Phones
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    LG Dare VX9700, LG VX8300 (Voyager and EnV2 sold)
    Carriers
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    MDN: Number of the device for incoming calls to reach you
    MIN: Number for Verizon Wireless to route your outgoing calls

Many times these numbers are the same, but a lot of times it is different, especially if you port your phone to a different carrier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch0
    MDN: Number of the device for incoming calls to reach you
    MIN: Number for Verizon Wireless to route your outgoing calls

Many times these numbers are the same, but a lot of times it is different, especially if you port your phone to a different carrier
    Oh okay no did not port my number or anything. If its normal im not going to worry when I call the# it says the code I dialed is incorrect or something so guess they just use it for routing my calls then.

Carrier
    Sprint postpaid :(
    Feedback Score
    a verizon customer service rep told me that they assign the second # for security. it helps to deter cloning. if someone had the NAM info and your phone number they could clone your phone and rack up your bill etc.. the additional # is an added security protocol IIRC

Phones
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    LG Dare VX9700, LG VX8300 (Voyager and EnV2 sold)
    Carriers
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyMikey1975
    a verizon customer service rep told me that they assign the second # for security. it helps to deter cloning. if someone had the NAM info and your phone number they could clone your phone and rack up your bill etc.. the additional # is an added security protocol IIRC
    They would also have to have the same ESN and MEID to clone it, since your ESN is registered with Verizon when you activate your phone.