Thread: Blackberry 8330 and CDMA Workshop

Feedback Score

Blackberry 8330 and CDMA Workshop

I have had some trouble getting QPST to recognize my phone. (I know that people have said not to use that but oh well.)

I then tried to get QXDM to flash it as I could not find Patagonia PST anywhere which is what I heard worked best. When I connected to QXDM the command line would never allow me to type?!? What is up with that?

Anyway, my real question is, would CDMA Workshop be able to partially flash the phone? I don't want to spend $100 to not be able to do what I want to. If anybody has some feedback or if there is another place that I should be redirected (I looked for hours...) then PLEASE LET ME KNOW! You guys are awesome!

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    use qpst version 215 or 213 or whatever not 323. also make sure you are connected to bb desktop before you load qpst.

use qpst to load the PRL, and then have tony or cain flash the rest for you.
    -------------------------------------------
    Isriam
    Want 20GB of FREE storage? Much better than Dropbox with better software, service, and rules! +5GB for every referral you get! Click me

Feedback Score
    I was connected to BB Desktop when I tried. Unfortunately I am not at home and cannot see what build I am using but I will try and find either 213 or 215. The problem that I am having is no matter what COM I put it on (ie. 1, 2, 3, or 4) I cannot get QPST to recognize it. The specific spot I am speaking of is when you first open QPST service programming and it loads the phones you have connected, mine will not show up. Are you saying that I should use build 213 or 215 to alleviate this issue or is the reason that I should use that specific build is because of the aforementioned issues with using QPST to flash Blackberries? (ie. brickin my nice new phone lol)

Would CDMA Workshop be possible though? Just curious, has anybody tried it?

Phone
    BB 9630 Tour
    Carriers
    Boost
    Feedback Score
    qpst is the easiest though. when you connect your bb via blackberry desktop, go into your system hardware and see what ports you have. mine were com 12 and com 19. then open qpst configure, add com port, select the higher number, i chose 19. then when it connects select XX6300-BB or whatever, its 6300-BB like 5 up from the bottom of the list.

Carrier
    cricket
    Feedback Score

cdma workshop

cdma workshop is better and easiest, but if you want to learn to flash the bb u need the software bcuz to do the full flash u going to use crackutil software, desktop manager and cdma workshop have to be the newest version.

Quote Originally Posted by haywood01
    I have had some trouble getting QPST to recognize my phone. (I know that people have said not to use that but oh well.)

I then tried to get QXDM to flash it as I could not find Patagonia PST anywhere which is what I heard worked best. When I connected to QXDM the command line would never allow me to type?!? What is up with that?

Anyway, my real question is, would CDMA Workshop be able to partially flash the phone? I don't want to spend $100 to not be able to do what I want to. If anybody has some feedback or if there is another place that I should be redirected (I looked for hours...) then PLEASE LET ME KNOW! You guys are awesome!

Carrier
    cricket
    Feedback Score

workshop can do it

Quote Originally Posted by haywood01

yes, if you want to flash your BB u have to buy the newest version of cdma_workshop, with that software u can do the partial flash and the full flash, but to do the full flash you gonna need the desktop manager, cdma_workshop(u have to buy it no crack) and crackutil, in google you find the steps, is easy and easiest if u run everything with windows xp; vista cause more trouble, good luck buddy and care for with crackutil, u can brick ur phone.

Feedback Score
    Will the cracked version of cdmaworkshop partial flash a bb?