Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help? Disabling voicemail and extend ring.

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Help? Disabling voicemail and extend ring.

Hi everyone!

I was wondering on how, or if it's possible, to extend the amount of rings on the phone before it goes to voice mail or whatever. Sometimes I can't get to the phone in time, but I still want to pick it up... Other times I just want it to keep ringing to piss the person off AND listen to my ring tone
    So my question is, is it possible to extend the amount of rings? Do I have to call the EVIL CS? Well I wouldn't consider them evil because last time I called, my transfer was easily done.

So... that's not the only question sorry. Now, I was wondering on how to disable the voice mail... I know, I know. "WHY DID YOU MAKE ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN!?!?!" Well, I was messing around cause I was EXTREMELY bored one day, and yea... I ended up creating a voice mail thingy
    SO! Now my 2nd (and last) question is: HOW DO I REMOVE THE VOICEMAIL!?!?! I placed a voice mail message introduction thingy, telling people not to put one, and the end up placing a voicemail.

Pueaseee Help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyazn5
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering on how, or if it's possible, to extend the amount of rings on the phone before it goes to voice mail or whatever. Sometimes I can't get to the phone in time, but I still want to pick it up... Other times I just want it to keep ringing to piss the person off AND listen to my ring tone
    So my question is, is it possible to extend the amount of rings? Do I have to call the EVIL CS? Well I wouldn't consider them evil because last time I called, my transfer was easily done.

So... that's not the only question sorry. Now, I was wondering on how to disable the voice mail... I know, I know. "WHY DID YOU MAKE ONE IN THE FIRST PLACE THEN!?!?!" Well, I was messing around cause I was EXTREMELY bored one day, and yea... I ended up creating a voice mail thingy
    SO! Now my 2nd (and last) question is: HOW DO I REMOVE THE VOICEMAIL!?!?! I placed a voice mail message introduction thingy, telling people not to put one, and the end up placing a voicemail.

Pueaseee Help
    Once activated, I don't think there a way to undo/cancel voice mail!
    ... and there is no way to adjust/set the number of rings.

Phone
    Motorola V176, LG600g, LG3280
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hi everyone!

Pueaseee Help
    Extend the amount of rings.......Not possible.

Remove Voice Mail.......... Change the phone number (call to CSR needed)

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Sometime ago, possibly on this forum, a poster claimed to have called trac cs and they were able to extend the number of rings needed before voice mail picked up. I was very skeptical of it being true when it was posted and have never really been convinced otherwise.

I recently tested the "don't mention a PP Dealer by name" rule here on PP Hofo......trust me, it is still in effect - got me a 7 day ban.

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tracnet
    Sometime ago, possibly on this forum, a poster claimed to have called trac cs and they were able to extend the number of rings needed before voice mail picked up. I was very skeptical of it being true when it was posted and have never really been convinced otherwise.
    Very doutful that is true because that part isn't controled by trac cs, it is controled by the underling carrier that supplies the Voice Mail service.

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Oh I see...

Well is there a way to remove or disable voicemail then?

Phones
    Lg G2X (Me)
    Samsung Flight -Girlfriend
    Nokia 2720 - Mom
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Monthly
    T-Mobile FlexPay
    Feedback Score
    I've gotten voicemail deactivated by e-mailing customer service on both Virgin Mobile and T-Mobile. Simply told them the truth that I'm deaf and I have no need for it. Taken care of in less than an hour each time. Make sure you don't have any voicemail that you haven't listened to or deleted.
    T-Mobile’s new marketing campaign for Vermont and Western New Hampshire:
    “Try T-Mobile’s blazingly fast GPRS data network. We’re faster than iDEN and TDMA combined!”

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    Oh I see...

Well is there a way to remove or disable voicemail then?
    When I first started with Tracfone & Net10 I called to get the voice mail turned off because I did not intend to set it up and did not want the caller (my wife) to get charged for a phone call to hear the recording that I did not have vm set up. Cs told me there was no way to disable that message.

Probably as mentioned before, the carrier may have control of that so CS is telling the truth when they say they can't disable it.
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.George Carlin

Phone
    LG VX5500 X2 (PPC) - LG800g (TF) - Nokia 6030 (T-Mo)
    Carriers
    Page Plus X2 (Verizon) - T-Mo2Go(GR) -
    Feedback Score
    On at least one Tracfone I've had I called CS to deactivate VM. I was told "no way". Some phones had VM even tho I never set it up.
    On my W376g I never set it up but when the phone should go to VM a recording says "VM has not been set up for this number (phone - whatever)". I'll prolly never set it up as the phone is just a glove box.

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    How about changing to a new phone? Would changing phone change the voicemail?... probably not huh...

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    How about changing to a new phone? Would changing phone change the voicemail?... probably not huh...
    Yes that will work, but as I suggested earlier, just call CSR and change the phone number.
    That voice mail box is acessed via that number.

And don't set up Voice Mail for the new number. Problem solved!

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    I don't see the difference in whether the VM is set up or not.
    The caller will get a recording either way (and be charged for a call) so just set your VM greeting to tell them that any messages will not be checked.

I think when my kids changed phones I had to set up their VM again even though they kept their old number, didn't quite understand that one.

Phones
    Alias
    W175
    Lg225
    Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimates
    I don't see the difference in whether the VM is set up or not.
    The caller will get a recording either way (and be charged for a call) so just set your VM greeting to tell them that any messages will not be checked.

I think when my kids changed phones I had to set up their VM again even though they kept their old number, didn't quite understand that one.
    I set a message telling people NOT to leave a voicemail, and to mess with me (cause they know I'm a joker sometimes) they leave one and skip the message. So having one enabled just...yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball-II
    Yes that will work, but as I suggested earlier, just call CSR and change the phone number.
    That voice mail box is acessed via that number.

And don't set up Voice Mail for the new number. Problem solved!
    The thing is, I want to keep this number Cause everyone I know has it and if I changed the number, it's going to be a hassle to tell everyone what my number is...

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm not going to get a new phone quite yet. I might wait to see if the EM326G will come to tracfone.

Thanks guys

Phones
    w370
    LG 200C
    Kyocera 126C
    Carriers
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    They might be able to reset the VM to the default, I don't know.

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score

Red face Turn off Voicemail

I bought a new Net10 LG900G at Walmart yesterday for $27.00 plus change. Included an AC and DC charger, also headset with mic. Walmart did the transfer of minutes and number for me.

Afterwards, I checked this Forum to learn how to turn off my Voicemail. I followed what I had read, and called my cell phone from my home phone. I let it ring long enough to see if I had Voicemail, and did get the message that "the owner of this number has not activated the Voicemail option"...so problem solved.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast