Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to hide incoming/outgoing numbers on the bill?

Feedback Score

How to hide incoming/outgoing numbers on the bill?

Hello everyone,

I've searched left, and right, and can't really find a definitive answer to this question. Without going into much details (shared family plan, and so on), I need to know if there is a way to hide (not show) both numbers dialed, and received on the phone bill. Yes, I know about the "itemized" phone bill, and we don't get that. However, you can still look it up online, and the online statement shows everything on it, including numbers, minutes, and so on. So my question is: How do I prevent it from showing there? Is there a way? Say someone calls me, and dials *67 (I heard #31# does the same thing) to block their number. When I receive a call like that, it displays as "Private Number" on my phone. Will it show as "Private Number" on the bill as well? What about me? If I dial someone's number with *67 in front of it, will it show as "Private" on the bill, or will it show as *67 + <number_dialed>? Any other suggestions/recommendations in regards to this? And before people start posting answers like "you shouldn't be cheating", or something along the same line - I'm not doing any of that, but it's really important for me to know how this can be done. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Phones
    MyTouch 3G Black
    Sony Ericsson k800i - Black, Sidekick 2 (retired), Moto v3 Silver (broken), SK3 (ex wife sold it),
    v505 w/v330 software (stolen), Samsung e315
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    when the call comes in as Private, i think it is itemized on the bill as private...

...so when you get a booty call, your wife wont know
    (btw, i'm just kidding when I said that ^ ehehe)

but if you call out, it wont show as private, it will show the number you dialed

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Real easy. Don't make call to or answer calls from numbers you don't want to show up on the bill. If you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't do it.

Phones
    Nexus 4 w/ Plantronics M50™ BT Headset
    Nexus 4
    T-Mobile G2 - Backup
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You might want to pick up a pre-paid phone if your trying to hide something just to be sure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSMR2
    You might want to pick up a pre-paid phone if your trying to hide something just to be sure.
    or dial out using a prepaid calling card. yes, it will still show a calling card access number, but at least there won't be an actual destination listed in web call records. most calling cards allow speed dials and pinless access, which means when you reach the voice prompt it won't ask you for your pin number, instead it will recognize you by the caller id. then just press <speed dial># to dial that number out.

Phone
    LG Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Don't think there is a way to do what you want. Google Voice is also a good alternative solution for you. If you dial numbers through it and receive calls through it, the bill won't show the actual numbers called to/from.
    ampad @ HoFo
    Sprint / 360 Communications (1994-1997)
    BellSouth Mobility PCS / Cingular (1997-2002)
    T-Mobile USA (2002- )
    - LG Nexus 5
    - Simple Choice Unlimited ($70)

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    SGS3, HTC Sensation, Google Nexus One, SE G705, W910, W810, K700i, S710a
    Carriers
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXLady
    Real easy. Don't make call to or answer calls from numbers you don't want to show up on the bill. If you have to hide something, you probably shouldn't do it.
    there's the best down to Earth answer right there..

Phones
    Unlocked iPhone 4
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Sprint
    AT&T (Never Again--I will be sad if the merger is approved)
    Feedback Score
    Stop trying to plan a surprise vacation for your wife's birthday.

Phones
    T-Mobile HTC HD2
    G2X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Do the *67 thingy. The number will be marked as private on the statement.
    United States of America 1776 - 2001 RIP

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    agree and /sign

Feedback Score
    I love how people take a technical question as an opportunity to start preaching about morality.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    Well, it is true. IMHO pick up a pre-paid phone and hide it like Walt did on "Breaking Bad" or find some other means of communication with that other person or to just do not answer the phone call period. If you want technical advice, call T-mobile and ask them, asking here will lead to more than just what you wanted to hear.

Phones
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus (GSM)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000
    I love how people take a technical question as an opportunity to start preaching about morality.
    I love how people who aren't paying the phone bill feel justified in hiding their usage from those who are. Since this isn't cheating, and it's a family line, and they're not the ones who control the bill, this is either someone with a fear of letting their furry-phonesex calls from getting out, or a teenager.

Kid, either don't do what you're doing, or get a prepaid phone. Most even include a few minutes up front.

^ TMO LTE ^---------------|------St Louis-------|----------------^ ATT LTE ^

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by reuthermonkey
    I love how people who aren't paying the phone bill feel justified in hiding their usage from those who are. Since this isn't cheating, and it's a family line, and they're not the ones who control the bill, this is either someone with a fear of letting their furry-phonesex calls from getting out, or a teenager.

Kid, either don't do what you're doing, or get a prepaid phone. Most even include a few minutes up front.
    You shouldn't be making any assumptions. First of, I'm not a kid, but a grown man who knows what he's doing, and why he's doing it. Secondly, I AM the one paying all the bills. And thirdly, I am NOT doing anything wrong here, but simply trying to help a friend in need, without hurting anyone else. So THANK YOU to those who actually responded to the question, and to the rest of you - GET A LIFE!!!

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    So if you are helping a friend, who does it need to be hid? On top of that if YOU are the one paying the bills.....than that means the statements are in your hands, meaning no one else would want to see them since you are the one having to pay off the statement. Like i said earlier, asking here would get you more than just technical answers.....sorry but it's a public forum.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast