Thread: How long do you have to wait until Reconnecting a previously used Metropcs phone?

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score

How long do you have to wait until Reconnecting a previously used Metropcs phone?

Well i bought a used Samsung Messager r450 and it was disconnected about 2 weeks ago maybe a little less and I always heard something about you have to wait 30 days before being able to switch your phone to that one. Well i called in to see if i can do it anyways and the first person told me that the phone is disconnected but its still on the account. and i would have to wait 60 days so it can come off the account and i will be able to connect it. Then i called in again and the second person told me That the phone is still on another provider or something like that and to try calling back in a week or two and i'll probably be able to connect it. The phone can't make or recieve any calls but it still has the phone number it previously had and i can send and recieve text messages. If i try to call with it something comes out saying "Welcome to the american roaming network" and so on...

Does anyone know when i would be able to transfer my account to this phone?

And also would receiving or sending text on that phone keep it active some how and it would stay on the account or never disconnect?

All your help will be greatly appreciated thanks!!!!

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    Bump can anyone help me please?

Feedback Score
    disconnect is used interchangeably, "cancel" is just the status u really want. if a phone's status reads "canceled" then it would be available for reactivation or phone changes immediately. call up customer service again and ask if its under that status, if it is then do the switch.

hope this helps,
    M.
    Just coastin'

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    Yea man thanks. If anyone wants to let me know anything else please do. Maybe how long it would take to be canceled after disconnection or any other questions i had. Thanks for all the help!

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    if its suspended for non payment usually another 30 days before it falls off the account....unless the person has their account disconected

Phones
    Nokia 6265i sold for too much money :)
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    one month past when payment was due you should be good
    Poma Computers Facebook Page

BTM and Bangin Magazines

Hanging out at a photo shoot. Yes, the screen name really does say it all.

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    ok thanks for all the help everyone i actually got a text saying it will be disconnected the 17th but it already is disconnected so i guess i'll just wait 30 days from then

Phones
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickinitholmz
    ok thanks for all the help everyone i actually got a text saying it will be disconnected the 17th but it already is disconnected so i guess i'll just wait 30 days from then
    try on the 17th or 18th then. it is probably "hotlined" and not fully disconnected/cancelled.

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    Ok i will! I tried looking up what "hotlined" meant but i couldn't find anything you mind telling me? I will be trying on the 18th though just to give it a little bit of time instead of trying to connect it the same exact day it gets disconnected.

Phones
    LG Optimus M
    Motorola V325
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickinitholmz
    Ok i will! I tried looking up what "hotlined" meant but i couldn't find anything you mind telling me? I will be trying on the 18th though just to give it a little bit of time instead of trying to connect it the same exact day it gets disconnected.
    hotlined is when the phone's service is off due to non payment. after a month of a phone's service being hotlined the account is canceled.