Page 62 of 152 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 112 ... LastLast
Results 916 to 930 of 2273

Thread: Motorola Droid A855 (aka Tao/Sholes/Shules/Flash) Pre-Release Thread

  1. #916
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    436
    Device(s)
    droid Nov 2010, time to start looking
    Carrier(s)
    vzw
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyway we can get a first post that has the specs of the phone. Too many posts to go thru. We don't know that much, I guess next Tue we will get full specs, but it would be nice for that to be the first post. size, radio, 3.5mm jack, etc. etc. I agree once vzw announces it next week, this thread 2x or 3x. I was really leaning towards tp2, but this is holding me back. I need to figure out how to get outlook contacts/calendar synced.

  2. #917
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6,459
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Carrier(s)
    VZDub
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aixelsyd
    yep yep, and it for sure is. Nothing compared to say the Q9m or Q9c IMO. It literally blows them out of the water for build quality.
    I thought the Nap had a pretty nice build, except for that battery door. It got kind of creaky after being removed a few times, and the plastic felt kind of thin and flimsy.

    Other than that, the Nap felt like a very solid, well build, piece of kit.

  3. #918
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    56
    Device(s)
    Nokia E65
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by msb175
    So that android 1.6 video is the tao running it...interesting.
    1.6??? I thought the leak said it would run Eclair on 2.0:

    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    eclair yes
    oversized dare but made of metal and very heavy ,yes
    battery life is good but gps will wear it down quick
    battery is very tiny
    it is droid 2.0
    and has a app market so you can dl tons of free apps or paid apps
    youtube plays in full HQ,my pc doesnt even do that
    the music player plays very clear and just loud enough.
    the soft qwerty is so damn accurate it isnt funny
    the hard qwerty board is like the htc i would say
    phone is super slim and thin but like a large dare
    the load time of pages is lightning fast.

    i wish i could post h/w pics or screen shots but its under wraps tight.
    i wonder where the other fellows are getting there pics from? *cough*
    If it will be announced next week then yeah it is most likely gonna be 1.6, but that guy seemed to know what he's saying.

  4. #919
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    364
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wnrussell
    Yes, it is an older version and we are trying to get satellite view working.
    omg that would be so awsome. i cant wait to wait in front of a verizon store for 4 hours to make sure im the first person to get one lol.. mabe just 2 hours

  5. #920
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4394
    I thought the Nap had a pretty nice build, except for that battery door. It got kind of creaky after being removed a few times, and the plastic felt kind of thin and flimsy.

    Other than that, the Nap felt like a very solid, well build, piece of kit.
    yea I concur the battery door it not the best. specially the standard ones depending on which finish you had, and what color plastic it was on the inside. The black ones seemed worse then the grey a ones IMO. Now my extended door fits perfect and it rock sold tho. However with the amount of them I had go threw my hands I was pretty picky on which one I kept for myself tho.

  6. #921
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    56
    Device(s)
    Nokia E65
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sbcale
    Verizon to unveil Motorola Tao next week:
    http://bit.ly/MdIzl

    Interesting about the Android 1.6 video, it does look like it could be the Tao.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ma9Xh67Eyo

    I refuse to believe that this mighty processor would result in the choppy scrolling shown in the video. If this is the Sholes/Tao, then the problem is CLEARLY in Android, and not the hardware running it.

  7. #922
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    3,672
    Device(s)
    Droid running Chevyno1's ROM & OC'd to 1.1Ghz
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1549
    omg that would be so awsome. i cant wait to wait in front of a verizon store for 4 hours to make sure im the first person to get one lol.. mabe just 2 hours
    heck you'll be better off pre-ordering it once it is announced as I'm sure they will have it so we can. Then just have it shipped to your house so you don't have to waste the time at a store.

  8. #923
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    130
    Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Specs

    Quote Originally Posted by jbinbi
    Anyway we can get a first post that has the specs of the phone. Too many posts to go thru. We don't know that much, I guess next Tue we will get full specs, but it would be nice for that to be the first post. size, radio, 3.5mm jack, etc. etc. I agree once vzw announces it next week, this thread 2x or 3x. I was really leaning towards tp2, but this is holding me back. I need to figure out how to get outlook contacts/calendar synced.
    This should be part of the first post, it is from a post by wnrussell on 08-22-2009.

    http://bit.ly/Fpsw8

    * OMAP3430 – 600 MHz ARM Cortex A8 + PowerVR SGX 530 GPU + 430MHz C64x+ DSP + ISP (Image Signal Processor)
    * Dimensions 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
    * Weight 169 g
    * Battery Li-ion 1400 mAh.
    * Standby 450 hours, talk time 420 minutes
    * 3.7-inch touch-sensitive display with a resolution of 854×480 pixels, 16 million color depth. Physical screen size is 45.72 mm by 81.34 mm.
    * 512MB/256MB ROM/RAM
    * microSD / microSDHC expansion slot
    * Camera: 5.0 megapixel with autofocus and video recorder
    * Connectivity: USB2.0, 3.5mm audio jack, Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR, Wi-Fi
    * Supported audio formats: AMR-NB/WB, MP3, PCM / WAV, AAC, AAC +, eAAC +, WMA
    * Supported video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264, WMV
    * GPS navigation
    * Package Contents: Phone Motorola Sholes, battery, charger, USB cable, 8GB MicroSD memory card and other literature.
    Last edited by sbcale; 09-30-2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: edit

  9. #924
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    533
    Device(s)
    DROID beast 7.6 @ 1.2 GHz
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    you can pre-order phones on verizon?

    can you get a ne2 price on a pre-order if your ne2 is after the release date?

  10. #925
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    243
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by msb175
    So that android 1.6 video is the tao running it...interesting.
    looks like an htc running it like in this video on this site
    http://phandroid.com/2009/09/30/andr...-walk-through/

  11. #926
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ardmore, PA
    Posts
    1,732
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    0
    Man, this thread is blowing up faster than Rosie O'Donnell at an all-you-can-eat pasta buffet. I was just reading this thread at work today during lunch and we're now 5 pages past where I was reading mere hours ago. I will say this: this is the first phone EVER that has made me consider buying a data plan. I've never thought a smartphone to be worth it before. This actually has me intrigued. I hope Moto can follow up all the hype.

  12. #927
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    68
    Feedback Score
    0
    Another 6 ounce phone? You've got to be kidding!

  13. #928
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    917
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Knight
    1.6??? I thought the leak said it would run Eclair on 2.0:



    If it will be announced next week then yeah it is most likely gonna be 1.6, but that guy seemed to know what he's saying.
    im cunfused also. mine is running droid 2.0 eclair.could they have made it also with 1.6 earlier?
    that sure looks like the tao to me too. but in the top of it mine doesnt say "3g"
    something fishy here people.
    i hear someone has a snap shot of the tao with it showing which s/w it is........
    ill ask them if either 1 of them will post there unit.i cant post mine as we know.

    also it does has the 3.5mm jack on it.
    Moto Razr

  14. #929
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    243
    Device(s)
    Moto Droid rooted and OC'd w/Cyanogen Mod
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MYhofoUSERNAME
    you can pre-order phones on verizon?

    can you get a ne2 price on a pre-order if your ne2 is after the release date?
    yes, if they have a pre-order for the phone and i'm not sure about the NE2. you might want to wait just in case you aren't able to get it. if you want to know sooner ask someone who works in a corp store or post a new thread about it in the main VZW thread.

  15. #930
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    158
    Device(s)
    Htc Thunderbolt, Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bill23
    im cunfused also. mine is running droid 2.0 eclair.could they have made it also with 1.6 earlier?
    that sure looks like the tao to me too. but in the top of it mine doesnt say "3g"
    something fishy here people.
    i hear someone has a snap shot of the tao with it showing which s/w it is........
    ill ask them if either 1 of them will post there unit.i cant post mine as we know.

    also it does has the 3.5mm jack on it.
    A lot of the recent phones from Verizon are showing "3G" instead of EV. When there's no EVDO service it will be replaced with 1X...

Page 62 of 152 FirstFirst ... 12 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks